Game Development: Strawberry Turpentine

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Strawberry Turpentine

Postby azrid » Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:56 am

strpk0 wrote:Clearly, this is one of the people you mentioned that don't care about loot whatsoever, not at all the same people who threw a hissy fit and complained to the devs after they didn't manage to loot someone in time and proceeded to pretend like the last 2 years of PvP loot/dropping scripts havent been widely used.

Way to make a fellow hearthling look bad on the forums.
Sorry but I can't defend scripting as a fun part of the game.
My stance is the same as before, give scripts/bots to everyone then it doesn't matter if these mechanics that can be scripted are in the game.

strpk0 wrote:I don't know why people are still showing up to praise this change as if it was some needed further leniency to PvP or for sprucecaps when loftar already mentioned this wasn't their goal with the change at all.

Why does it matter what their goal was? Its strange that you would be so against hermits having a small time saver added for them.
strpk0 wrote:If anything, if people are taking it this way then mayhaps this is further confirmation that it's going to negatively impact whatever risk remains to PvP as some people already predicted and needs to be reverted.

Disagree
I think the game is better if hermits get to keep their merchant robe.
Wounds are a heavy enough penalty to deal with.
azrid

Postby SnuggleSnail » Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:02 pm

"haha won't somebody please think of the hermits" -every retard that has no idea what they're talking about with regard to an issue that has literally no effect on hermits
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby jordancoles » Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:03 pm

azrid wrote:I think the game is better if hermits get to keep their merchant robe.

I don't KO people to give them wounds, tf? I either want them dead or I want all of their shit. Ideally both, but I've come to terms with the murder protection at this point
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby strpk0 » Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:08 pm

azrid wrote:Way to make a fellow hearthling look bad on the forums.

This was posted on the public haven discord by the person in question for all to see. No biggie.

azrid wrote:Why does it matter what their goal was? Its strange that you would be so against hermits having a small time saver added for them.

"Why does it matter that I'm unwittingly proving everyone that has complained about this change right by asserting that said change achieves the exact opposite effect that the devs were hoping for?"

azrid wrote:I think the game is better if hermits get to keep their merchant robe.

Developer Thoughts on PvP
We already compromised on permadeath, why stop there? :lol:

azrid wrote:Wounds are a heavy enough penalty to deal with.

Most wounds become irrelevant a month or two into a world, with medicines that can instantly heal them (rootfill and deep cuts & cruel incisions) or very quickly heal them (concussion and cold compress, toad butter and blade kisses/nasty lacerations, etc) + decent quality beds to speed up healing. Except for a few like wretched gore which you will never get unless you made a horrible mistake/blunder during a fight and deserved it anyway. In most situations you can have your guy up and running within the range of a few minutes to a couple of days after slapping some medicine on it and letting it sleep on a bed.
Granger wrote:Fuck off, please go grow yourself some decency.

strpk0

Postby azrid » Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:57 pm

SnuggleSnail wrote:"haha won't somebody please think of the hermits" -every retard that has no idea what they're talking about with regard to an issue that has literally no effect on hermits

You are the retard thats spazzing out about not being able to loot merchant robes and traveler sacks.
jordancoles wrote:

I don't KO people to give them wounds, tf? I either want them dead or I want all of their shit. Ideally both, but I've come to terms with the murder protection at this point

Wow you can't loot few valueless pieces of loot game is literally ruined.
If your main reason for easily exploitable full loot is that you just want all of their shit then your argument is very weak.
strpk0 wrote:Most wounds become irrelevant a month or two into a world, with medicines that can instantly heal them (rootfill and deep cuts & cruel incisions) or very quickly heal them (concussion and cold compress, toad butter and blade kisses/nasty lacerations, etc) + decent quality beds to speed up healing. Except for a few like wretched gore which you will never get unless you made a horrible mistake/blunder during a fight and deserved it anyway. In most situations you can have your guy up and running within the range of a few minutes to a couple of days after slapping some medicine on it and letting it sleep on a bed.

Idk what shithole you live in if you think losing your merchant robe is worse than getting wounds. Maybe you shouldnt be talking about this topic.
If getting some trash off peoples bodies gives you such immense enjoyment then you should in stead watch paint dry. Should be right up your alley.

I think this change is an important step away from scripting.
azrid

Postby jordancoles » Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:00 pm

azrid wrote:I think this change is an important step away from scripting.

You're just trolling at this point
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby strpk0 » Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:03 pm

azrid wrote:I think this change is an important step away from scripting.

Because a pack of chimpanzees frantically trying to click items and having their clicks eaten by the cooldown message and thus requiring re-clicking the same item 2-3 times will surely outperform the scripts that can wait the perfect amount of time required to not trigger the cooldown.
:roll:

bmjclark wrote:Granted, this change is still completely retarded and much like most other changes to prevent bots, makes the game worse

strpk0

Postby Pickard » Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:36 pm

Loftar, make PVP flag already. All hermits will be happy.
w15 Trust me bro w14 Arcanum w13 Arcanum w12 Action w11 Willowroot w10 Dis w9 Hive w8 Core w7 H.A.W.X/Progress w6 Dis/Disneyland w5 Peace/Late Project
Pickard

Postby LunarArchon » Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:59 pm

strpk0 wrote:...
azrid wrote:Wounds are a heavy enough penalty to deal with.

Most wounds become irrelevant a month or two into a world, with medicines that can instantly heal them (rootfill and deep cuts & cruel incisions) or very quickly heal them (concussion and cold compress, toad butter and blade kisses/nasty lacerations, etc) + decent quality beds to speed up healing. Except for a few like wretched gore which you will never get unless you made a horrible mistake/blunder during a fight and deserved it anyway. In most situations you can have your guy up and running within the range of a few minutes to a couple of days after slapping some medicine on it and letting it sleep on a bed.

The wounds will always be relevant to smalltime players who will have a hard time having those resources on hand or don't maintain 3 different alts just to play the game. This point wasn't talking about the pros or village players.

I understand the intention wasn't to add more leniency but its important to mitigate noobs or hermits quitting after they are casually ganked. Having them continue playing, trading, and producing more gear for the next gank is much more valuable to the population than just leaving.

I'll reiterate the suggested compromise, since most responses have just been ree hermits bad: Only apply the loot cooldown to knocked players who are either not outlawed / red-handed / have criminal acts off. So unwilling participants have some grace and the rest can go back to normal.
LunarArchon

Postby strpk0 » Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:02 pm

LunarArchon wrote:The wounds will always be relevant to smalltime players who will have a hard time having those resources on hand or don't maintain 3 different alts just to play the game. This point wasn't talking about the pros or village players.

I was referring exclusively to more experienced players with that point, aka the players that would participate in PvP. Although I really don't think toad butter, cold compresses nor rootfills are out of reach for even very new players either way.

LunarArchon wrote:I understand the intention wasn't to add more leniency but its important to mitigate noobs or hermits quitting after they are casually ganked. Having them continue playing, trading, and producing more gear for the next gank is much more valuable to the population than just leaving.

I'll reiterate the suggested compromise, since most responses have just been ree hermits bad: Only apply the loot cooldown to knocked players who are either not outlawed / red-handed / have criminal acts off. So unwilling participants have some grace and the rest can go back to normal.

While I kind of disagree that the game needs to give more protection to more casual/newer players, I'll also point out that if it starts to become a problem/impossible to fully loot someone, people will probably start making use of Murderous Rage instead in order to fully kill people and to get a chance to loot everything, not just a few items. I think the current arrangement is fine and newer players can just learn to not carry around expensive/desirable items outside for no reason.

strpk0

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements