Game Development: Strawberry Turpentine

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Strawberry Turpentine

Postby mulamishne » Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:54 pm

Change is horrid and needs to be reverted please. The idea behind loot being an additional task is horrid, the people arguing for the change are disingenuous and don't understand how actual pvp works, and they aren't viewing the change as 'skill based looting', but as an item protection system.

Also why wood polish tbh? More work to larp sucks :(
Haven and Hearth discord (by far the most popular, we even banned the Retards, Pedophiles and dumb Wiki-admins): https://discord.com/invite/rb3Ufnvwxf
mulamishne

Postby Fostik » Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:49 pm

mulamishne wrote:Also why wood polish tbh? More work to larp sucks :(

Especially making it from single tree, when world has very randomized tree spread, and it could be hard to find terebinth in some areas.
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

Postby Apocoreo » Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:03 pm

Lots of trashtalk from the hardcore pvpers but still no reasons for a mid tier player to care.

I still maintain this is a positive change for me. I've done pvp seiges and raids, but seems only the highest tiers of players gank.
i like game grumps

#1 Moloch acolyte
Apocoreo

Postby Lalaxx » Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:13 pm

Why this game become more and more tolerant to noobs mid tier players every half year?
Lalaxx

Postby mulamishne » Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:15 pm

Apocoreo wrote:Lots of trashtalk from the hardcore pvpers but still no reasons for a mid tier player to care.

I still maintain this is a positive change for me. I've done pvp seiges and raids, but seems only the highest tiers of players gank.

It really feels like you just typed 'The people this change is targeted at are complaining because they feel it is bad for the game, but despite claiming to pvp I feel it is positive for me for some reason.'.

Unsure how this has to do with ganks because a gank will usually be a few dudes vs one so they can loot everything anyways. This really just fucks people up who are outnumbered and manage to KO their opponents. If a group of three can outskill ten players in combat shouldn't they be entitled to the full loot of their opponents?
Haven and Hearth discord (by far the most popular, we even banned the Retards, Pedophiles and dumb Wiki-admins): https://discord.com/invite/rb3Ufnvwxf
mulamishne

Postby Apocoreo » Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:37 pm

First of all I agree that there shouldnt be a minigame and this should be viewed as item protection, which its sort of how its being used.

mulamishne wrote:It really feels like you just typed 'The people this change is targeted at are complaining because they feel it is bad for the game, but despite claiming to pvp I feel it is positive for me for some reason.'.

Well theres pvp and "pvp" right? Ive chased idiots who logged on during a siege, KO'd and stripped them. But really all im going for on a KO'd dude is the keyring, hoping they have a master key or some ship keys. I dont have the industry (read: bots) to compete in a thingwall or meteor fight. Its positive for me if I get KO'd by a big boi, and the negatives just dont even effect me.

So seeing direct threats to my group, that I have no real means of attacking ingame, complaining is kind of great from my POV.

mulamishne wrote:Unsure how this has to do with ganks because a gank will usually be a few dudes vs one so they can loot everything anyways. This really just fucks people up who are outnumbered and manage to KO their opponents. If a group of three can outskill ten players in combat shouldn't they be entitled to the full loot of their opponents?

Do we have confirmation if its a delay per looter or per body because Ive been reading some that implied the opposite and I havent had the pleasure of KOing someone since yesterday and I dont want want to get redhanded for a test.

Also in your example the reward would be getting the loot of 10 dudes. If the time is per player as you suggest I see the issue. Doesnt make me want a revert but rather an adjustment. Would prefer a hard, simple stance of you can lose X number of items when KOd.

So yeah, I see your point now. Could concievely effect me if the game opens up more mid tier pvp, like the poplar idea of splitting up the meteor.
Last edited by Apocoreo on Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
i like game grumps

#1 Moloch acolyte
Apocoreo

Postby strpk0 » Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:47 pm

Apocoreo wrote:
Do we have confirmation if its a delay per looter or per body because Ive been reading some that implied the opposite and I havent had the pleasure of KOing someone since yesterday and I dont want want to get redhanded for a test.

There's a solid near-second per "looter" taking a single item from a KOed person. This means a single piece of porridge, a single thane's ring, etc etc.
If the enemy outnumbers you and they know you have to deal with this there's no way they will let you sit there and calmly pick through their downed friend's stuff, hence the complaint that this change only possitvely impacts large zergs/groups, and also that it's even more likely now that in unfavorable fights if you somehow manage to outskill someone and down them, the sheer numbers advantage means the KO is meaningless, and you don't even get a proper reward for it.

On the other hand, since the cooldown is per "looter", a larger group will have no issues quickly and calmly looting you clean when they down you.
Granger wrote:Fuck off, please go grow yourself some decency.

strpk0

Postby Redell » Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:22 pm

In this thread:
  • Angry actual larger scale PVP'ers (3 or more vs 3 or more fights) that are against the loot change
  • Ignorant Non-players, hermits that hide behind palisades and farmville peasants that are for a change that most likely wont affect them anyways.

Best quotes from this thread:
Vigilance wrote:people like you are literally the sole reason this game gets trashcan patches confirmed/fueled by community input, so its pretty reasonable oldies will be trying to beat you with the "You're Wrong" bat over and over.

SnuggleSnail wrote:Image

In the case of gankers (Multiple vs 1), the change isn't really bad, just gotta manage loot time better, which means that it will not affect the people here defending the change.
Anyone here that is defending the change and actually do larger scale PVP are admitting they lose all the time and are salty.

loftar wrote:I could very well consider making it faster; I mainly just didn't like the whole "first player to reach the fainted gets it all" mechanic. That being said, I'd expect most of the stuff that you'd loot from knocked players isn't really particularly important.

In larger scale PVP, most items people have are going to be worth taking unless you are fighting an army of hermits. Only things not worth are just food and water.

TLDR: Large scale PVP suffers from the change because looting in battle is very time sensitive, there is no "loot after the battle", if you think thats possible try actually playing the game. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NaoWhut wrote:He didn't realize we can be anywhere in the world because of jorb friendship magic <3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNR6oKh7-hc
Redell

Postby azrid » Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:06 pm

Redell wrote:hermits are for a change that most likely wont affect them anyways.

1v1s happen all the time idk what game you are playing

Great change keep it up proud of you devs!
azrid

Postby Redell » Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:15 pm

azrid wrote:
Redell wrote:hermits are for a change that most likely wont affect them anyways.

1v1s happen all the time idk what game you are playing

Great change keep it up proud of you devs!

I should be asking you that. :lol:
All 1v1's this world have always been me chasing a pussy that won't fight.
I wouldn't even call it a 1v1, more like a hunt.

BUT AGAIN since you can't seem to read the real issue here.
This change is very bad for larger scale PVP, not 1v1s.

Read that for me please. Good boy.
NaoWhut wrote:He didn't realize we can be anywhere in the world because of jorb friendship magic <3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNR6oKh7-hc
Redell

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements