Game Development: Strawberry Turpentine

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Strawberry Turpentine

Postby Fostik » Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:17 pm

It does not work
It seems like pickaxe has broken stats, making attacks doing very small openings, and also not damaging at all.
https://imgur.com/a/VileU0o
Last edited by Fostik on Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

Postby SnuggleSnail » Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:20 pm

loftar wrote:I could very well consider making it faster; I mainly just didn't like the whole "first player to reach the fainted gets it all" mechanic. That being said, I'd expect most of the stuff that you'd loot from knocked players isn't really particularly important.

you realize this is the average inventory for a subbed and verified for a fighter since you guys are intent on keeping backpacks and mrobes from being meta
it was already pretty common in big fights for people to be able to port without getting looted
you guys are hard overreacting to some angrybois and making things worse

this seems like an absurd place to draw a line in the sand considering PVP without custom clients is impossible, and PVP on public custom clients is at least very questionable
Last edited by SnuggleSnail on Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby loftar » Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:29 pm

SnuggleSnail wrote:you realize this is the average inventory for a subbed and verified size for a fighter since you guys are intent on keeping backpacks and mrobes from being meta

Sure, but part of my point was whether it matters that you get to loot all those pieces of porridge. I get that that's not representative of what people what carry around in combat, but I also imagine that all the buckets of water perhaps don't matter that much either, no?

SnuggleSnail wrote:you guys are hard overreacting to some angrybois and making things worse

I did implement it because it was suggested to me, but I had considered it independently. I don't think it is unreasonable that you may have to prioritize what to take and what to leave, and also that it is at all possible to defend others from being fully looted. Do you really disagree in principle? Like I said, I could more than well consider making it faster in case it's unreasonably slow, or something else like that.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby talon00302 » Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:31 pm

Can we get slightly more AP on swords before you log off. This could seriously be one of the best patches of the year in literally seconds.
talon00302

Postby Enjoyment_2 » Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:31 pm

I think it's pretty obvious that you shouldn't marauder corpses while the battle is still on, so it's a good change.
win the whole battle, then loot.
don't be a scam as SS.
Seems like Seatribe is on a way high move right now, very appreciative.
Enjoyment_2
Under curfew

Postby Redell » Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:31 pm

jorb wrote:There is now a brief cooldown per item when stealing from another unconscious player. The effect does not apply when stealing from characters which have been dead for more than ~3 minutes.

Can we get a cooldown for dropping items while in combat too? The loud stacked splashes and sploshes of my preys loot hurts my ears. Maybe 1 or 2 plops.
NaoWhut wrote:He didn't realize we can be anywhere in the world because of jorb friendship magic <3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNR6oKh7-hc
Redell

Postby bmjclark » Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:31 pm

Yikes that looting change. I would have gone the exact opposite direction. I literally dry loot people because you don't always get enough time to consider what you're taking. The KO timer is extremely, extremely short to be making changes like this
Cajoes wrote:I was the murder victim your guy aggro'd. And slew. Entirely unprovoked. Rather handily at that. Which prompted the retaliatory party. That you also handily slew.
bmjclark

Postby loftar » Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:34 pm

Redell wrote:Can we get a cooldown for dropping items while in combat too? The loud stacked splashes and sploshes of my preys loot hurts my ears. Maybe 1 or 2 plops.

Dropping items from players also counts as stealing, so it should be part of the same fix.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby Redell » Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:35 pm

loftar wrote:
Redell wrote:Can we get a cooldown for dropping items while in combat too? The loud stacked splashes and sploshes of my preys loot hurts my ears. Maybe 1 or 2 plops.

Dropping items from players also counts as stealing, so it should be part of the same fix.

No, the prey dropping the loot into the water before they are downed.
NaoWhut wrote:He didn't realize we can be anywhere in the world because of jorb friendship magic <3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNR6oKh7-hc
Redell

Postby Sephiron » Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:36 pm

Imagine complaining about PVP when you could just wait for them to log out to steal all of their shit
Sephiron

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements