Game Development: Strawberry Turpentine

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Strawberry Turpentine

Postby loftar » Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:39 pm

talon00302 wrote:Can we get slightly more AP on swords

What does "AP" refer to?
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby SnuggleSnail » Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:41 pm

loftar wrote:I did implement it because it was suggested to me, but I had considered it independently. I don't think it is unreasonable that you may have to prioritize what to take and what to leave, and also that it is at all possible to defend others from being fully looted. Do you really disagree in principle? Like I said, I could more than well consider making it faster in case it's unreasonably slow, or something else like that.

when you're in a group of 20 or 40 people and 3 people hitting you simultaneously probably means you get downed in < 2 seconds it's rly hard to loot, and it's specifically way harder to loot if you're on the weaker/lower numbered side. I think it's bad in concept as opposed to execution.

Also, I don't think it's favoritism or something dumb, I assume you just have a certain decision making process - but I can see how people who died because of the nvidia crash or their power going out multiple times would be rly upset that you guys "fixed" this after like 2 days when you still haven't made outlaws auto-hearth if they';re not connected to the server

Or horses/snekkjas being absurdly broken
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby Fostik » Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:43 pm

loftar wrote:What does "AP" refer to?

Armor penetration.
It seems that swords as useful for penetrating an armor, as maces would be.
Last edited by Fostik on Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

Postby Fostik » Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:44 pm

Also, still waiting variable metals for weapon and armory more that anything else.
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

Postby tegoplplpl » Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:45 pm

If you guys are fixing really minor stuff like this does that mean the combat crashes are fixed now?
tegoplplpl

Postby loftar » Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:47 pm

tegoplplpl wrote:If you guys are fixing really minor stuff like this does that mean the combat crashes are fixed now?

If, by "combat crashes" you mean the nVidia driver crashes, then I wouldn't consider that "minor stuff" to begin with, but I also haven't gotten any feedback from the last round of requests that I've made on the subject.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby strpk0 » Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:50 pm

I really don't think zergs/large groups needed any buffs, this change makes it nearly impossible to meaningfully loot someone if your group is even slightly outnumbered.

You simply don't get 8 seconds to sit there and pick and choose what you want to loot from someone if you're going to have 5 people beating you up while you do so (for reference, against a group of people that know what they're doing those 8 seconds are more than enough for them to down you). And also considering they will be able to teleport back after 30 seconds of being KOed.
I get the reason for the change, but this honestly makes it more tempting for people to run around in large groups, which already makes PvP pretty unfun.
Granger wrote:Fuck off, please go grow yourself some decency.

strpk0

Postby ChildhoodObesity » Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:00 pm

i think these nerds are overexaggerating this situation ok, the cd isn't that bad unless ur a filthy botter

although u should maybe make it so stuff like belts, backpacks, merch robes, etc can be looted without dropping stuff in the inventory or belt
ChildhoodObesity

Postby Robertzon » Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:02 pm

great update devs
Robertzon

Postby jordancoles » Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:13 pm

The weapon reach changes and the pickaxe as a weapon are great, thank you

The looting change is too extreme though. If you KO someone in a snekkja you already lose a few seconds to loot because you have to swim out of your boat and into theirs, right click > steal etc and you only get something like 30 seconds total from the time they go down.

I don't think looting was a real issue. Specially when they can still dump everything they're wearing and holding into the water instantly before you KO them anyways.

Reconsider the looting timer, but the attack ranges are cool for weapon diversity
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements