Game Development: Strawberry Turpentine

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Strawberry Turpentine

Postby LunarArchon » Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:15 pm

The loot change is good. Dumping the entire inventory of knocked character is absolutely not normal and wanting the ability to do so is malicious.

People will probably say changes like these will make the game boring or ruin PvP but I'll argue it does the opposite. I'm curious about the exact timing as it is probably short anyways so that people complain less lol.

• Noobs will be less discouraged after getting ganked and looted, so more will stick around and learn the game.
  • Players will be rewarded for fighting strategically/in groups to protect knocked chars. This is likely a con if the cooldown applies separately for each person looting, meaning more looters equals more looting on one person. As opposed to a cooldown applying to the knocked char.
  • Characters/players can participate in more combat since you don't lose everything but the shitty char when knocked.
  • The quality of available loot to PvP victors may go up since players will be less likely to leave their palisade stark naked.
  • It will encourage player interaction since auto hearthing on unknown players will be less likely to happen while exploring.
LunarArchon

Postby jordancoles » Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:20 pm

loftar wrote:. I get that that's not representative of what people what carry around in combat, but I also imagine that all the buckets of water perhaps don't matter that much either, no?

Also just wanted to point out that you haven't been able to carry buckets of water in your invent for like 7 years and that they can't be put in a belt either which is why we all bring like 15 waterskins everywhere we go
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby jordancoles » Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:27 pm

LunarArchon wrote:The loot change is good. Dumping the entire inventory of knocked character is absolutely not normal and wanting the ability to do so is malicious.

People will probably say changes like these will make the game boring or ruin PvP but I'll argue it does the opposite. I'm curious about the exact timing as it is probably short anyways so that people complain less lol.

• Noobs will be less discouraged after getting ganked and looted, so more will stick around and learn the game.
  • Players will be rewarded for fighting strategically/in groups to protect knocked chars. This is likely a con if the cooldown applies separately for each person looting, meaning more looters equals more looting on one person. As opposed to a cooldown applying to the knocked char.
  • Characters/players can participate in more combat since you don't lose everything but the shitty char when knocked.
  • The quality of available loot to PvP victors may go up since players will be less likely to leave their palisade stark naked.
  • It will encourage player interaction since auto hearthing on unknown players will be less likely to happen while exploring.

This change isn't going to have the affect you're hoping for.

Noobs likely only have 1-2 items with any value anyways, so they'll still lose everything they care about every time even with this change.

This mainly fucks over real pvp players trying to loot other players in pvp. The looting UI is all over the place and it takes a few seconds just to process everything you're looking at to begin with, and this becomes even harder if you're still being hit in the back or something. Belts add a whole nothing layer to what you may want to loot, since they have so many slots. Meta for belts from now on will likely be to drop its contents on the floor in 1 click rather than looting it item by item. I agree with Troll in that you should be able to loot a belt with items inside, because a large chunk of the KO timer can be wasted just scanning the items in the huge belts and reorganizing inventories/game windows on screen.

Looting was already a time sensitive thing
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby Redell » Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:29 pm

LunarArchon wrote:The loot change is good. Dumping the entire inventory of knocked character is absolutely not normal and wanting the ability to do so is malicious.

Dumping your whole inventory into the water while being chased seems pretty stupid too.

Nah, instead of dealing with the cooldown, I feel the big boys are now gonna focus on bypassing the KO and going for the kill way more now than ever.
So instead of just losing all of your stuff, you also lose your char.

I'm not really against the cooldown either since I'm usually the one that comes in last to loot.
NaoWhut wrote:He didn't realize we can be anywhere in the world because of jorb friendship magic <3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNR6oKh7-hc
Redell

Postby jordancoles » Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:31 pm

Enjoyment_2 wrote:I think it's pretty obvious that you shouldn't marauder corpses while the battle is still on, so it's a good change.
win the whole battle, then loot.
don't be a scam as SS.
Seems like Seatribe is on a way high move right now, very appreciative.

I dont think you understand how the KO mechanic works. If someone goes down you have like 30 seconds to loot them before they can just port home. There is no "loot them after the fight ends" in this game anymore.

Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby ChildhoodObesity » Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:36 pm

jordancoles wrote:Looting was already a time sensitive thing

the main reason they implemented this change is because like 20 angry nerds were probably spamming them about a script that auto loots/drops an entire equipment window/inventory/study window in like literally 1 second. in this case for the side with this script looting was never really a problem. in this case it's still fast enough to loot everything of value, however, you do need to worry about getting dunked on while looting. getting dunked on while looting was always a scary aspect of it for anyone who isn't scripting though. also being outnumbered heavily would likely guarantee you get nothing either way if the people outnumbering werent like totally retarded. this script is normally mass dropping everything on the ground and these nerds would just run away and keep fighting instead of picking up their friends gear while theyre outnumbering lol.

anyways the loot cd is like 1 second, there's no chance you don't loot everything of value in normal situations
ChildhoodObesity

Postby SavageFox » Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:55 pm

people wasting time looting as letting their friends basically die in big engagement eliminate the enemy first should be your guys's priority even in this game

I think there needs to be a limit on the f****** water-drinking bulshit there should be only so much water you should be allowed to drink within a short time frame

drinking water during combat should lower your defenses you're basically drinking water while your enemies trying to beat the s*** out of you

there should be combat moves that slow people down so it doesn't turn into drinking water online anyway

here's an idea to punish the water drinking the character does it too much they stop for 5 seconds to take a piss ¦]
SavageFox

Postby jordancoles » Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:58 pm

SavageFox wrote:people wasting time looting as letting their friends basically die in big engagement eliminate the enemy first should be your guys's priority even in this game

I think there needs to be a limit on the f****** water-drinking bulshit there should be only so much water you should be allowed to drink within a short time frame

drinking water during combat should lower your defenses you're basically drinking water while your enemies trying to beat the s*** out of you

there should be combat moves that slow people down so it doesn't turn into drinking water online anyway

here's an idea to punish the water drinking the character does it too much they stop for 5 seconds to take a piss ¦]

You already run slower while drinking water.

Please experience pvp before you suggest entangles, reduced defenses and cooldowns on basic game functions

Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby SnuggleSnail » Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:06 am

To get enough branches out of this retard's inventory to take his Tsacks and Mrobes with perfect clicks takes ~21 seconds. Taking 25 items from a troll belt so you can take the belt takes ~12.5 seconds.

I kinda felt like I was exaggerating a bit when I first compared this to taking away full loot PVP, but low key even with a bot you can't loot 4 items you want before they hearth lmao
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby ChildhoodObesity » Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:09 am

yeah they should definitely make it so you can loot merch robes, backpacks, tsacks, and belts without having to loot every other item preventing you from looting them. fix that and this change isnt even that bad imo
ChildhoodObesity

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements