Game Development: Strawberry Turpentine

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Strawberry Turpentine

Postby pbbllt » Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:11 am

absolutely great update, makes me actually regret I suicided

btw, cutblade will still be shit, even 50% more range won't help, you may decrease it to 1.0 but give it higher base dmg, or increased pen because now even fyrd sounds more viable option with its 10% and no CD increase

or make it modify def% of the parry stance to 100%, so it will actually do something to outweight its downsides
pbbllt

Postby bmjclark » Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:13 am

Honestly if the KO timer got bumped up to be longer to compensate this would be reasonable. If it's mostly to prevent bots from instantly dry looting people than a longer KO timer + the loot timer fixes the problem for the most part. Granted, this change is still completely retarded and much like most other changes to prevent bots, makes the game worse
Cajoes wrote:I was the murder victim your guy aggro'd. And slew. Entirely unprovoked. Rather handily at that. Which prompted the retaliatory party. That you also handily slew.
bmjclark

Postby Nightdawg » Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:14 am

loftar wrote:I mainly just didn't like the whole "first player to reach the fainted gets it all" mechanic.

We literally drop everything on the ground and sort it later (someone who's behind comes to sort it) cause we're in the middle of a fight. Now some people will stay on that body even more rather than helping with the fight :roll:

This would be cool if the playerbase wasn't split into literally only 2 factions, 99% of the time nobody cares who loots, it gets shared.
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby Nightdawg » Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:24 am

SnuggleSnail wrote:but I can see how people who died because of the nvidia crash or their power going out multiple times would be rly upset that you guys "fixed" this after like 2 days when you still haven't made outlaws auto-hearth if they';re not connected to the server

Also this loftar, when? when? jesus christ
It took you 3 months to fix that nvidia crash (I assume you fixed it, I quit after 3 months of you not fixing it)
Add autohearth already
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby DDDsDD999 » Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:46 am

Nightdawg wrote:It took you 3 months to fix that nvidia crash (I assume you fixed it, I quit after 3 months of you not fixing it)

DDDsDD999

Postby rye130 » Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:48 am

loftar wrote:I mainly just didn't like the whole "first player to reach the fainted gets it all" mechanic.

Just implement a need/greed rolling system for all loot from KOed players!

Such a strange reasoning for this change. Isn't this whole sandbox game thing about giving players the tools to handle situations like that themselves? If a player is upset their friend grabbed all the loot and didn't share it, they can stab their friend and take it.
rye130

Postby mulamishne » Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:11 am

Horrid change to the looting system.

I'm fine with the removal of death as it is, but the fact that you had to at least remake a reasonable amount of your gear when you got koed added some risk of pvp to the game. Please revert this.

People against it saying you should wait til the battle is over to loot have no idea how pvp works in this game and are NOT the people looting.
Haven and Hearth discord (by far the most popular, we even banned the Retards, Pedophiles and dumb Wiki-admins): https://discord.com/invite/rb3Ufnvwxf
mulamishne

Postby Apocoreo » Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:19 am

Does loot protection even matter that much for PVPers? If you already have the equipment to take out a PVPer you can be a little choosy about stealing their top 4 items. Maybe only having time to loot 4 is a too restrictive but that can be tweaked. I saw this change more for this hermit dude that got killed recently by b12-totting raiders. He might've been able to keep his tools, while the raiders got his occult rings and 2 other things. Well he might've, if he didn't die lol.

Reminds me about how Runescape let you keep your top 3 most valuable items when you died, and left behind the rest for others to pick up. Later they added a time limit of protection before other players could take the items. This is kinda that in reverse.

Also big +1 for pick as weapons, this is a much requested feature. Weapons suggestions are a no-no in C&I so just going to dump this here: how about a Warpick? Worse than a pickaxe at mining, or can't do it at all, better for combat but it's no B12. Miners can fight sorta without changing their decks. In some very small village the miner becomes the one de-facto fighter (other than the hunter), due to having high str out of necessity. This would make them slightly more effective in hermit/small village scraps.
i like game grumps

#1 Moloch acolyte
Apocoreo

Postby strpk0 » Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:24 am

Apocoreo wrote:Does loot protection even matter that much for PVPers? If you already have the equipment to take out a PVPer you can be a little choosy about stealing their top 4 items.

I think this is the main problem with this implementation. Current meta isn't to sit there and rummage around the KO'd person's inventory + equipment + study + belt + etc.. instead, it's generally to instantly loot/drop whatever they were carrying so you can get to a safer place and sort out what you actually want (if you decided to drop their items, this generally happens after the fight ends or you have succesfully pushed the enemy group away from where the person got downed), since you both only have 30 seconds to loot them before the steal window closes and they teleport back home, and also sitting idle in a decently big fight for more than 5 seconds means you will get surrounded and KO'd yourself with no way to escape (and possibly even die since you will be taking a lot of big hits from a lot of people).

Apocoreo wrote: I saw this change more for this hermit dude that got killed recently by b12-totting raiders. He might've been able to keep his tools, while the raiders got his occult rings and 2 other things. Well he might've, if he didn't die lol.

It only was implemented because of a recent event where a group of PvPers complained about someone getting looted before they could, even loftar admits this. It doesn't really come into play for hermits as a bit more of an annoyance or a slight cap on how many items you can take, because when you down someone you heavily outstat/outnumber you already get to sit there and calmly pick through their stuff.

Besides, after they effectively removed permadeath from PvP encounters I don't think this game needs any more forgiveness towards the people getting KOed. It would suck to finally get to KO someone only for them to happily get to teleport home with 80-90% of their gear intact, even more frustrating if they were heavily outnumbering you and they get to escape for free because of it.
Granger wrote:Fuck off, please go grow yourself some decency.

strpk0

Postby wonder-ass » Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:41 am

God ty cutblade finally viable in pvp the range was always the problem the damage is fine as it is.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements