Game Development: Strawberry Turpentine

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Strawberry Turpentine

Postby jordancoles » Sat Aug 07, 2021 2:27 am

SnuggleSnail wrote:

delet this
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby jordancoles » Sat Aug 07, 2021 2:28 am

boshaw wrote:Clearly the solution is to make it so KO doesn't remove red handed anymore. Criminals should face death if caught outside and KO'd. :)

But yeah
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby Electronic_Arts » Sat Aug 07, 2021 2:56 am

SnuggleSnail wrote:
azrid wrote:
BoxingRock wrote:I've never seen him advocate for a change that would genuinely make the life of a noob more difficult

He tried to make his noob bashing easier by having red handed thingwall teleports.

Yesterday I KOed a korean at Rose of Sharon(monke), and broke some stuff at casuals(also monke). I still have murder scents near that other korean/monke base I forget the name of. Everybody who could realistically do something if they tracked me could very easily track me, the koreans even know all of their snekkjas are faster than my best one.

Today I killed some people, raided some willages, and extorted some hats. The whole time I was posting about it in the haven discord:

Things /literally/ couldn't be made easier for people to gank me, and I would die if they managed to. But they didn't even try. Nobody has tracked me while red handed all world, and most likely if they did I would be out still anyway because when you're doing hoodrat shit it usually lasts a few hours, and red hand doesn't affect when you go home. This point is important because basically the only reason the mechanics are the way they are is because some sperglords lied about wanting to gank red handed people, which hasn't rly happened.

Normally, I would just go in a circle with a snekkja so whenever I wanted to stop I could be close to home, or just jump through vortexes until I got close. This time we were going to a specific destination near the edge of the world, and didn't have vortexes mapped though - so we did the other thing we normally do:

I got a 150 concussion instead of waiting for an hour which with alchemy and a shitQ cold compress I stole along the way will be completely healed in probably 3-4 hours.
Yes, it is a slight """punishment""" for griefing, but there are a lot of instances where it discourages actual PVP and more importantly creates a barrier to entry. I really think it is in everybody's interest for there to be a healthy PVP community, instead of a small group of people dominating the entire world with little to no effort. One of the things that needs to happen for that fairytale of a future to be possible is less barriers to entry for PVP. Having to wait 1 hour after every fight in a huge barrier for a casual player that doesn't know how to abuse every mechanic.

You should really be able to port with thingwalls while red handed. The current situation does nothing good for the game, just adds very situational tedium and a barrier to entry. That, or red hand should just be like 5 minutes long.

Electronic_Arts

Postby Apocoreo » Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:04 am

BoxingRock wrote:I've never seen him advocate for a change that would genuinely make the life of a noob more difficult, he just uses the mechanics that already exist in the game to do that.

Last world snail advocated for cascade on handbashed palisades. They immdiately took out Turnip Thorp and a few other hermity/casual bases. This was done without a seige by extending unsealed palisades to adjacent unclaimed tiles. Prevously that world unsealed palisades were made secure, so this change opened up a new security threat.

Snail does occasionally make good suggests but look closer dude.
i like game grumps

#1 Moloch acolyte
Apocoreo

Postby MagicManICT » Sat Aug 07, 2021 6:04 am

Apocoreo wrote:Last world snail advocated for cascade on handbashed palisades. They immdiately took out Turnip Thorp and a few other hermity/casual bases. This was done without a seige by extending unsealed palisades to adjacent unclaimed tiles. Prevously that world unsealed palisades were made secure, so this change opened up a new security threat.

Snail does occasionally make good suggests but look closer dude.

I'm going to say you can't really blame Snail for that problem. Or at least not just Snail.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby SnuggleSnail » Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:15 am

I also explicitly mentioned it and workarounds to avoid it while reintroducing cascade.
I'm not gonna spend all day defending every suggestion I've ever made about this game because u sperglords are easily upset...

jordancoles wrote:
SnuggleSnail wrote:

delet this

It's okay, the only way Jorbtar can """fix""" this mechanic that makes the game way better is by making the game way worse in a bunch of unintended ways, so he hopefully won't
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby jordancoles » Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:54 am

SnuggleSnail wrote:It's okay, the only way Jorbtar can """fix""" this mechanic that makes the game way better is by making the game way worse in a bunch of unintended ways, so he hopefully won't

Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby Kaios » Sat Aug 07, 2021 12:25 pm

MagicManICT wrote:I'm going to say you can't really blame Snail for that problem. Or at least not just Snail.

This community vehemently defends its toxic player-base and their right to shit on everyone that disagrees with the way certain mechanics should be implemented. Quite frankly, as long as this continues to be the case this game will never reach a point where it has 1000+ players on a regular basis.
Kaios

Postby azrid » Sat Aug 07, 2021 12:30 pm

MagicManICT wrote:I'm going to say you can't really blame Snail for that problem. Or at least not just Snail.

I think the point is to show how BoxingRock has fallen to the charms of SnuggleSnail and can see no flaws in him.
We are trying to make BoxingRock see the light again. It sucks to see a fellow hearthling be hypnotized like this.
Its hard to blame Snail for bad practices in general because I believe its in his nature and he can't help it. Like an animal in the wilderness.
azrid

Postby wonder-ass » Sat Aug 07, 2021 12:32 pm

Kaios wrote:

This community vehemently defends its toxic player-base and their right to shit on everyone that disagrees with the way certain mechanics should be implemented. Quite frankly, as long as this continues to be the case this game will never reach a point where it has 1000+ players on a regular basis.

we griefed and killed a significantly less amount of people this world due to the massive range of spawns and WOW look the games fucking dead again AHAH CRAZy.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements