Game Development: Strawberry Turpentine

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Strawberry Turpentine

Postby Zantoma » Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:50 pm

Awesome update. Thank you and keep it up!
Zantoma

Postby mvgulik » Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:44 am

>"people will probably start making use of Murderous Rage instead in order to fully kill people and to get a chance to loot everything"

Hear! hear!

Would be nice if Devs agreed to sharing the games murder data. As in 6 (ok 5) months before this point, and 6 (or 5 too) months after this point.
Mmm. ... One potential skewed data problem. Such a agreement, publicly, could have its own effect on that data after this point.
lol.

(Potential murders-across-w13 Time-Lapse map at the end of w13 perhaps)
mvgulik

Postby azrid » Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:10 am

Redell wrote:All 1v1's this world have always been me chasing a pussy that won't fight.
I wouldn't even call it a 1v1, more like a hunt.

weird flex but ok
It doesnt matter if one guy is a pussy the point is you wont get your shit dropped in a second.
Just pick what you want, you already gave the guy wounds which can be a worse fate than death at some occasions.

Redell wrote:BUT AGAIN since you can't seem to read the real issue here.
This change is very bad for larger scale PVP, not 1v1s.

If you can't defend your loot you don't deserve it.
Plopping evrything on the floor is an ugly solution.
I prefer what we got now. After all it has a hidden benefit for 1v1s. Why else would the noob killers(jc and ss) complain so much?
azrid

Postby jordancoles » Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:04 pm

azrid wrote:I prefer what we got now. After all it has a hidden benefit for 1v1s. Why else would the noob killers(jc and ss) complain so much?

It takes sand out of the box, which is not a good thing imo. And with this change anyone running for their life can still use a modified version of the looting script to drop everything they have on them into the water (with no cooldown) before they're KO'd. Denying the pvp player everything with no counterplay other than maybe bows. This could go both ways but I don't think you would like that. I wonder why?
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby azrid » Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:33 pm

jordancoles wrote:And with this change anyone running for their life can still use a modified version of the looting script to drop everything they have on them into the water (with no cooldown) before they're KO'd.

I love when people do this though.
Ive seen plenty noobs fish up some crazy quality(for them) equipment and boast about it.
If you don't get a warm feeling in your heart when a noob fishes up a high quality weapon then you are a monster.
azrid

Postby insanechef » Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:02 pm

strpk0 wrote:
While I kind of disagree that the game needs to give more protection to more casual/newer players, I'll also point out that if it starts to become a problem/impossible to fully loot someone, people will probably start making use of Murderous Rage instead in order to fully kill people and to get a chance to loot everything, not just a few items. I think the current arrangement is fine and newer players can just learn to not carry around expensive/desirable items outside for no reason.

Huh why does that make a difference you either kill them or u can’t because of game mechanics
insanechef

Postby Redell » Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:40 pm

azrid wrote:weird flex but ok
It doesnt matter if one guy is a pussy the point is you wont get your shit dropped in a second.
Just pick what you want, you already gave the guy wounds which can be a worse fate than death at some occasions.

Okay? Again the 1v1's are not the point, like I said, the cooldown isn't that bad in smaller encounters because the cooldown is around half a second.
I'm getting the guys shit anyways cause I don't have to worry about 5 guys 3 tiles away from me.

azrid wrote:If you can't defend your loot you don't deserve it.
Plopping evrything on the floor is an ugly solution.
I prefer what we got now. After all it has a hidden benefit for 1v1s. Why else would the noob killers(jc and ss) complain so much?

What hidden benefit? (see above)
And believe it or not, you still somewhat have to defend the loot that was dropped because allies/enemies can still pick it up.
So whats your point?

Why do we need to add another stupid layer to PVP that makes it more frustrating?
And the, "Oh you shouldn't be able to just vacuum all the loot up while in battle in an instant." argument is equivalent to "You shouldn't be able to stand up/poof away after 30 seconds of being knocked out during a battle."

Suggestion:
Maybe when knocked out the first 30 seconds has the cooldown and after that you have a choice, stand up and reduce loot loss but potentially die, or stay down for another 1-2 mins without cooldown and then port.

mvgulik wrote:>"people will probably start making use of Murderous Rage instead in order to fully kill people and to get a chance to loot everything"

Hear! hear!

Would be nice if Devs agreed to sharing the games murder data. As in 6 (ok 5) months before this point, and 6 (or 5 too) months after this point.
Mmm. ... One potential skewed data problem. Such a agreement, publicly, could have its own effect on that data after this point.
lol.

(Potential murders-across-w13 Time-Lapse map at the end of w13 perhaps)

Great, another alt/bot game that will be created from fighters continuing to fight while alt/bots run in, snag the body and hearth.
Fix one "issue", create another.
Loftar should also show how many more alt accounts get created in that time period as well.
NaoWhut wrote:He didn't realize we can be anywhere in the world because of jorb friendship magic <3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNR6oKh7-hc
Redell

Postby strpk0 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:30 pm

insanechef wrote:Huh why does that make a difference you either kill them or u can’t because of game mechanics

Sometimes just KOing someone and looting their stuff is satisfying enough, if now I (theoretically) have to stress about potentially missing out on loot because I didn't perfectly scan for it and click it off the person while being bogged down by the timer, suddenly it's very tempting to try to murder the guy from the start so at the end I'm guaranteed to be able to loot everything. I doubt this applies to PvP between experienced players because nobody would pop mrage and risk dying in that situation, it probably would exclusively apply to attacking people that can't defend themselves.

Or do you mean what difference using murderous rage makes? It's pretty big (grievous/HHP damage cap goes from 40% of the person's MHP per hit to 60%), you're pretty much guaranteed to kill someone if you get a couple of good hits in before you KO them, whereas nobody will normally die when being attacked by someone without mrage unless they were badly wounded already and/or weren't wearing armor.
Granger wrote:Fuck off, please go grow yourself some decency.

strpk0

Postby mulamishne » Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:08 pm

I think this change has proved to be EXTREMELY controversial, will you consider reverting it? At least until we can find a proper balance on it?
Haven and Hearth discord (by far the most popular, we even banned the Retards, Pedophiles and dumb Wiki-admins): https://discord.com/invite/rb3Ufnvwxf
mulamishne

Postby jorb » Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:02 am

mulamishne wrote:I think this change has proved to be EXTREMELY controversial, will you consider reverting it? At least until we can find a proper balance on it?

We're considering that, yes.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements