Game Development: Rocking Lemon

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Rocking Lemon

Postby bitza » Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:14 pm

loftar wrote:
Tilia wrote:How about for now, put it in System messages.

Nah, I want them to be prominently displayed. I'd be more inclined to add some sort of anti-hysteresis rules.

Karede wrote: It takes a special kind of autism to play this game
bitza

Postby Enjoyment_2 » Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:15 pm

loftar wrote:
Enjoyment_2 wrote:noone calling himself a game-designer should consider showing any info for that long on half of the screen with so unneeded info

Ok. >.>
mpv-shot0002.jpg

well, O hope you just trolling, and you know that in haven these info-messages pops-up in the middle of the screen hiding your character behind...
Enjoyment_2
Under curfew

Postby iamahh » Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:17 pm

nice lettering and animation

one suggestion for the issue is if "Display realms" overlay button is off then hide the name transition, so you only see the name if you see the border
iamahh

Postby loftar » Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:22 pm

Enjoyment_2 wrote:O hope you just trolling

Not at all. I don't see how the situation isn't similar, modulo the hysteresis aspect.

Enjoyment_2 wrote:and you know that in haven these info-messages pops-up in the middle of the screen hiding your character behind...

Not even when I set the window size to 800x600 does it overlap the character.

I'll also add that I'm not really sure why these specific people are the ones complaining. I'm fully expecting you to already be running a custom client with a hyper-optimized UI that removes all flavor, so why this of all things?
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby goosebreeder » Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:33 pm

https://streamable.com/j1gfdt
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU..............
goosebreeder

Postby loftar » Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:39 pm

goosebreeder wrote:https://streamable.com/j1gfdt
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU..............

Well yes, the hysteresis thing is something I'd like to fix. That being said, you would've had that problem already prior to this patch with "Entering Arcanum" and "Leaving Arcanum" messages.
loftar

Postby Enjoyment_2 » Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:44 pm

loftar wrote:I'm fully expecting you to already be running a custom client with a hyper-optimized UI that removes all flavor, so why this of all things?

seems like you kinda cheating, saying "expecting" while you truly "know" what client exactly I use, but I don't expect you to know that I was the person who convinced Ard to make "entering/leaving village message as a system report" feature. While if you do know, this change would look even more like "okay, you've removed one annoying feature, so here's new" )
Enjoyment_2
Under curfew

Postby Chevredoux93 » Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:54 pm

OK patch, not too much not useless. Decent.
Chevredoux93

Postby loftar » Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:58 pm

Enjoyment_2 wrote:seems like you kinda cheating, saying "expecting" while you truly "know" what client exactly I use

Why would I keep track of what client you use? Persecution complex, much?

Enjoyment_2 wrote:but I don't expect you to know that I was the person who convinced Ard to make "entering/leaving village message as a system report" feature

Not only did I not know that, I also didn't know that any particular custom client ("Ard" or otherwise) had that option.

Enjoyment_2 wrote:While if you do know, this change would look even more like "okay, you've removed one annoying feature, so here's new" )

I added this feature because I wanted it myself, so "annoying" seems to be in the eye of the beholder.
loftar

Postby BoxingRock » Sun Aug 08, 2021 11:04 pm

loftar are you bored

nobody has ever agreed with enjoyment on anything and he has never once offered a meaningful piece of feedback, hence why he has been on curfew for like 2 years

all he does is cry and complain, I'd say you are feeding a troll but I think you are honestly just feeding his need for attention, just ignore and he will go away

also worth noting that I'm sure these notifications will be toggleable on a custom client within a few days if they are truly a problem
"Not to say that we're in any way perfect, but for the most part, what you call "lack of communication" is simply reflective of how we develop." - loftar
BoxingRock

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements