Game Development: Raw Trucker

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Raw Trucker

Postby Enjoyment_2 » Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:11 pm

jorb wrote:[*] "Raw Hide!" no longer activates if there are no horses around to hit.

so now Snail can rally his bots with only 300 xp to constantly raw-hide anyone one on-sight w/o any downsides? good job, u2
Enjoyment_2
Under curfew

Postby Nightdawg » Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:14 pm

jorb wrote:[*] War Flags should now continously check for line of sight to the Thingwall, meaning that fixed structures between a War Flag and a Thingwall will always interrupt the War Flag's deployment. This was always intended to be so, but apparently this key feature was accidentally lost along the way. Another win for the Seatribe team.
[*] War Flags are now indestructible for the duration of their deployment time (Between 3-4 hours depending on whether a defending Realm has the "Guarded Marches" Realm Buff), apart from a 20 RL minute window at the end of the deployment time. War Flags can, thus, only be destroyed in the final 20 minutes of their deployment time.

Explain the first one please, I am confused. Does that mean we:
a) can't place them down if there's an object's hitbox on the line between the flag and the thingwall, but after we build them we can once again be retarded autists that place 600 objects around the war flags to block them.
b) can place the flag down whenever, but if at some point during the 3-4 hours something is build between it and the thingwall, the flag becomes interrupted meaning I don't have to wait till the last 20 minutes to deny a flag.

And if it's option b), what happens when we do that?
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby bmjclark » Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:21 pm

That realm change seems to heavily incentivize having a realm like ours where it doesn't really cover anyone or provide benefit other than generating experience for us. Obviously thingwalls draining the auth that they were before was a bit much but one of the nice things about realms was that it encouraged you not to bully everyone out of your area so that they could generate exp for you but now it just doesn't matter because the thingwalls will do it for you. I feel like thingwalls just shouldn't affect auth gain at all
Cajoes wrote:I was the murder victim your guy aggro'd. And slew. Entirely unprovoked. Rather handily at that. Which prompted the retaliatory party. That you also handily slew.
bmjclark

Postby SnuggleSnail » Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:54 pm

bmjclark wrote:
That realm change seems to heavily incentivize having a realm like ours where it doesn't really cover anyone or provide benefit other than generating experience for us. Obviously thingwalls draining the auth that they were before was a bit much but one of the nice things about realms was that it encouraged you not to bully everyone out of your area so that they could generate exp for you but now it just doesn't matter because the thingwalls will do it for you. I feel like thingwalls just shouldn't affect auth gain at all

I think you're vastly overestimating how willing people are to move because of dummy realms. Not bullying people away might be a relevant thing with dummy realms specifically - normal realms are too vast for it to be relevant, but in the case of dummy realms you could also just find an active village and build a new pali to put another dummy realm in whenever the previous one stops being profitable regardless. IMO, having your dummy realm too close to your actual village is a bad idea regardless.

Keep in mind they didn't say thingwalls generate authority, they just don't cost authority. A lot of regions will also be net negative because of irminsuls and monolith, or just neutral because no players.

War Flags should now continously check for line of sight to the Thingwall, meaning that fixed structures between a War Flag and a Thingwall will always interrupt the War Flag's deployment. This was always intended to be so, but apparently this key feature was accidentally lost along the way. Another win for the Seatribe team.

I'm willing to bet you guys used the same tiny vector check you do for aggro/barter poles, so people will still be able to wall them like this:
The warflag technically having LOS to the thingwall, but there not being enough space for a player to fit through. I foresee a lot of intentionally building stuff between the flag and thingwall so that it can never fully set/deploy/whatever we're calling it. Basically the inverse problem for walling the warflag, now you wall the LOS from the flag to the thingwall.

edit: could also just use the thingwall as part of the wall for the LOS

[*] "Raw Hide!" now empties the stamina meter of any horse (with a rider) hit by it. Wild Horses lose their "Pony Power" entirely.

All of the raw hide changes are great and make me want to suck your dick, but it should probably be noted that this perk will progressively become more and more redundant due to high horsie stamina
Last edited by SnuggleSnail on Sun Sep 05, 2021 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby bmjclark » Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:55 pm

SnuggleSnail wrote:
bmjclark wrote:

I think you're vastly overestimating how willing people are to move because of dummy realms. Not bullying people away might be a relevant thing with dummy realms specifically - normal realms are too vast for it to be relevant, but in the case of dummy realms you could also just find an active village and build a new pali to put another dummy realm in whenever the previous one stops being profitable regardless. IMO, having your dummy realm too close to your actual village is a bad idea regardless.

Ah, I for some reason read that as the thingwalls would generate auth themselves. We're good then
Cajoes wrote:I was the murder victim your guy aggro'd. And slew. Entirely unprovoked. Rather handily at that. Which prompted the retaliatory party. That you also handily slew.
bmjclark

Postby DDDsDD999 » Sun Sep 05, 2021 11:14 pm

Best patch this world tbh
DDDsDD999

Postby Chevredoux93 » Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:27 am

No idea about realm or thingwalls or xp grinding stuff, so ... very nice patch.
Chevredoux93

Postby mvgulik » Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:46 am

Aha. So that's why flat cupboards disappeared from Ender client. ... We got a cupboard update.

( time to rotate all cupboards to face outward. ... lol )
Last edited by mvgulik on Mon Sep 06, 2021 1:18 am, edited 3 times in total.
mvgulik

Postby jordancoles » Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:56 am

Lots of good stuff overall in this one, thank you :)

We might have to wait and see on the rawhide changes. I'm not sure how it will play out yet.

Rawhide is pretty busted in general.

Your character becomes fully locked up with no explanation ingame as to why (a system message would be nice). If a player doesn't know about rawhide, or if they just aren't paying full attention for a few seconds they're frozen for 9 seconds while the boys roll up on them. Even when you're knocked off of the horse you're still frozen for the remainder of the rawhide timer.

It's kind of bullshit, but it is also kinda required in a world with rideable horses.

Really happy with the cheese rack change and the decals btw :!:
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby aselpina » Mon Sep 06, 2021 1:12 am

Great patch! Amazing changes.
The actual changes we have been looking for

The hat is nice!

Looking forward to what will you come up with on topic of farms, industry caps if there will be any changes (we all hope there will)
aselpina

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements