Game Development: Raw Trucker

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Raw Trucker

Postby Sephiron » Mon Sep 06, 2021 1:57 am

Awesome patch. I can finally feed my obsession to keep stuff organized :D
Sephiron

Postby ULGMsean » Mon Sep 06, 2021 4:07 am

The decals are great actually, though one note is that it limits where chest could be click to be opened (e.g. sides/front).

Would it be possible in the future to have some key for example alt + right click to remove the decal? then right clicking would normally open the container.

Though still pretty good update, I like it :D
マイルズ
ULGMsean

Postby azrid » Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:25 am

time to start making cheese again
azrid

Postby Procne » Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:31 am

ULGMsean wrote:The decals are great actually, though one note is that it limits where chest could be click to be opened (e.g. sides/front).

Would it be possible in the future to have some key for example alt + right click to remove the decal? then right clicking would normally open the container.

Though still pretty good update, I like it :D

Yeah, it's nice update, but I have the same issue. I don't want to be that always complaining guy again, but it seems of all the possible solutions the worst one was chosen. It's subject to missclicks, it won't work with clients that display only the top of the cupboard and it won't be visible for cupboards in the corners. It would be more visible if it was at the top of the cupboard and having a paper stick out of every one does not look nice either.

Still, the option is nice, so thank you for that.
Procne

Postby Mangrell » Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:13 pm

" Cupboard signs, thus implemented" a couple of years ago on the stream I offered something similar, but you said that it was not a necessary thing((((
Mangrell

Postby Kaios » Mon Sep 06, 2021 1:41 pm

bmjclark wrote:where it doesn't really cover anyone or provide benefit other than generating experience for us

lol perfect analogy for the active players too
Kaios

Postby OIchi » Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:12 pm

The Raw Hide changes are kind of ridiculous.
I do get it that horses are broken during fights, but it becomes risky to get out of your village on horse now.
Once you get hit by raw hide you won't be able to run anymore, you are just dead.
And since it won't activate if there are no horses around you can just spam the hotkey all the time in case someone gets in range.
OIchi

Postby SnuggleSnail » Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:20 pm

*rawhide's range is less than render distance, and its range hasn't changed - you can just get off your horse before people rawhide you
*adding a range check to a while loop to do exactly as you described would be exactly as effective before as it was now
*nobody put rawhide into a while loop and left it running before afaik, and it has been effectively cheaper in previous worlds
*you can send the message to get off of a vehicle before it's technically a possible action, so stunlocking people is effectively impossible as the get-the-fuck-off-the-horse action will always parse before the new rawhide
*you can still defend while rawhided
*you get knocked off a rawhided horse when you take damage
*even a max dur raw hide with 5/5 take aim isn't enough time to stack 6 coins and do a big opening cleave on somebody

Even after the buffs you should be a lot more spooked by being chased by people on horses than by getting rawhided
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby Fostik » Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:27 pm

Thanks for this update, glad to see devs listening to playerbase!

Also wanted to add a point here - consider making raw hide a rider dismouting function (dismounts riders from all horses affected by rawhide), otherwise this magic becoming ultimate crowd control and distance decrease between gankers and hermits who don't even manage to get off horse.
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

Postby Phaen » Tue Sep 07, 2021 3:53 am

Quite pleased with the decals! This is HUGE

I do wish the "small chest" decal was smaller though. Every time I open my chest it takes the decal off. Also you can't see the whole picture because it wraps around!
Phaen

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements