Game Development: Hungry Hat

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Hungry Hat

Postby SnuggleSnail » Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:06 am

loftar wrote:
SnuggleSnail wrote:I don't believe you needed to challenge coronation stones to destroy them during world 10(late), 11, or 12

I haven't gone around and destroyed and coronation stones myself, and permissions sometimes to interact in unexpected ways, but that's the way the code reads to me, for sure.

You guys changed the way all authority objects work, not just realm stuff. Previously it was never a crime to destroy an authority object with no authority, which is no longer the case. IMO this makes the game worse for presumably self-evident reasons, especially with dead claims still being able to provide protection to walls

Also, I went through some old videos and confirmed challenging coronation stones was never a thing
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby TheNater » Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:13 am

While we're on the topic of satiations, can someone point me to a resource on what the fuck satiations are and how to use them to my advantage? I presume that when your satiation gets high you get less FEP from eating the same item? Is that true? Help a noob out please.
TheNater

Postby Nightdawg » Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:16 am

TheNater wrote:While we're on the topic of satiations, can someone point me to a resource on what the fuck satiations are and how to use them to my advantage? I presume that when your satiation gets high you get less FEP from eating the same item? Is that true? Help a noob out please.

if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby TheNater » Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:22 am

Nightdawg wrote:
TheNater wrote:While we're on the topic of satiations, can someone point me to a resource on what the fuck satiations are and how to use them to my advantage? I presume that when your satiation gets high you get less FEP from eating the same item? Is that true? Help a noob out please.

Ya know, I ask myself the same thing.. I usually play for like 2 weeks and then quit. This is the first world where I've actually made Steel. Definitely never been a hardcore player by any means.
TheNater

Postby loftar » Thu Sep 30, 2021 1:40 pm

SnuggleSnail wrote:Previously it was never a crime to destroy an authority object with no authority, which is no longer the case.

It's probably right that destroying coronations stones with no authority probably didn't require a challenge, if that's what you were referring to.

If it's true that authority objects that are out of authority require criminal actions to destroy now, then that's probably unintended. I can't remember making such a change knowingly. I'll have to try and remember to look into that, unless I misunderstood you.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby SnuggleSnail » Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:15 pm

I'm not so sure about world 10/11 for challenges, but I remember for certain in world 12 we destroy a couple coronation stones with authority that we didn't have realm permissions to on claims we didn't own without visitor, but we were unable to do so with visitor. Same rules as prior to last patch.

To clarify breaking an unauthed claim pole or Vidol in general isn't a crime, only when it's claimed by another claim
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby torcido » Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:07 am

TheNater wrote:
Nightdawg wrote:

Ya know, I ask myself the same thing.. I usually play for like 2 weeks and then quit. This is the first world where I've actually made Steel. Definitely never been a hardcore player by any means.

Right there with you, my friend.
torcido

Postby Massa » Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:27 am

yo lmao they were saving a satiation change for the one true literal hat update

late to the party but i am here
ImageImage
ass blast USA
Massa

Postby insanechef » Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:30 pm

TheNater wrote:

https://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Satiations

Honestly if you’re a casual it’s pointless min/maxing, just eat forage, grown veg, fish or baked goods or sausages, anything’s that easy to make, and then switch to something else when your satiation gets high. It’s way more important to get the variety bonus.

Also you could kill yourself if you get high hunger and high quality food, you’ll definitely get better stats if you do that
insanechef

Postby Pommfritz » Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:39 am

insanechef wrote:Also you could kill yourself if you get high hunger and high quality food, you’ll definitely get better stats if you do that

name checks out
Pommfritz

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements