Game Development: Ancestral Ropewalk

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Ancestral Ropewalk

Postby thesourceofsadness » Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:05 pm

telum12 wrote:This does not make the game more engaging or enjoyable.

If you're a noob spawning during those periods, it's not good or helpful.

This game is not supposed to be engaging or enjoyable. It's supposed to be challenging.

Every n00b i know came to this game just because someone told him it is not a "happy farm" just like any other game around.

Seasons make people to think, to adopt, to plan, to survive sometimes. Challenging gameplay makes people to do more things than just fucking with seeds and crops - even if they don't like it.
thesourceofsadness

Postby Wunsz » Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:24 pm

i like seasons as a concept but spring is rather dull and i would like to see it tweaked somehow - and please fix the tree seeds as it takes way too long for seeds to grow at that time.
as for the general idea of people quitting before winter - its just because nobody wants to start anything new before winter when they have the perspectve of this particular spring... at least thats what i think.
overall i would be sad to see seasons go. and making the seasons 'region-based' just wouldnt be the same
Wunsz

Postby wonder-ass » Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:00 pm

So many pointless ideas when they can just turn seasons to pure aesthetic. spring should instantly spawn seeds and snow should instantly go bye bye nobody gives a shit about realism.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby Massa » Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:16 pm

wonder-ass wrote:So many pointless ideas when they can just turn seasons to pure aesthetic. spring should instantly spawn seeds and snow should instantly go bye bye nobody gives a shit about realism.

I been sayin this homie.

Also @Lorb, OCO when? We've been hearing these words for years.

thesourceofsadness wrote:weird take

Challenges are meant to be fun and engaging. Video games are video games. They are meant to be fun, keep the player engaged. Just because they are punishing, challenging and hard doesn't conflict with this. If you want a truly difficult experience just find a hydraulic press and insert appendages into it until you realize how silly this statement was.
ImageImage
ass blast USA
Massa

Postby thesourceofsadness » Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:31 pm

wonder-ass wrote:nobody gives a shit about realism.

I do.

Massa wrote:...find a hydraulic press and insert appendages into it...

At first i wanted to say "I will use yours", but then i realised that you don't have any for sure.
thesourceofsadness

Postby DoctorCookie » Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:15 pm

I would never presume to know what everyone likes. I care about realism in some things, some things I don't, same as many other people. I do not look forward to winter, it is not fun to me, so I am glad you are looking to remove seasons.
DoctorCookie

Postby Ocerion » Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:10 pm

Winter is very bad, but spring is the worst. The game would be quite a bit better off without either, and it would be better off compared to now if you kept them but made seeds start spawning day one of spring, and made it more uniform and faster than it is now, sometimes its more than a week into summer before we get our tree seeds and things can begin again.
Ocerion

Postby Massa » Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:39 pm

thesourceofsadness wrote:
wonder-ass wrote:nobody gives a shit about realism.

I do.

Massa wrote:...find a hydraulic press and insert appendages into it...

At first i wanted to say "I will use yours", but then i realised that you don't have any for sure.

yeah man i'm a quadriplegic
ImageImage
ass blast USA
Massa

Postby valeriesusanne » Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:41 pm

Yasodhara wrote:So, what's the decision? Coming winter is cancelled or current cycle will be finished?

Ditto: Should I replant my crops, or is winter coming?

Also (and I've asked this before), is there a calendar somewhere that I don't know about? I'm always guessing what
season it is based on the surroundings, and I always seem to put my crops up way too soon.
"He doesn't understand. Explain as you would a child." General Roth'h'ar Sarris
valeriesusanne

Postby WowGain » Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:52 am

valeriesusanne wrote:
Yasodhara wrote:So, what's the decision? Coming winter is cancelled or current cycle will be finished?

Ditto: Should I replant my crops, or is winter coming?

Also (and I've asked this before), is there a calendar somewhere that I don't know about? I'm always guessing what
season it is based on the surroundings, and I always seem to put my crops up way too soon.

most custom clients show the current season and time to the next season
W7 Hermit, Honorary Ruskie
W8 Hermit
W10 Hermit
W12 Hermit
W13 Oppidian, Lawspeaker of Duckshead Bay, Straumfjord
W14 Oppidian, Aldermann of Aldorice Reodcomba, Lord of Eirinsk, Duke of Sasheim
WowGain

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements