Game Development: Harvest Skis

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Harvest Skis

Postby Phaen » Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:36 am

jorb wrote:
strpk0 wrote:Other than that, nice and interesting update, always good to see tedium removed from the game.

Ty! Do feel free to post any other low-hanging tedium that could be removed (in b4 all the jokes that could be made here). Stuff like that timer on harvesting crops is nothing we're attached to.

When making steel, you often want to use Shift+Right click to add fuel to the crucible. However, if you click too fast, the game doesn't load the next piece of fuel onto your cursor before using Shift+RClick. This results in accidentally removing the wrought from the crucible. The 56 hours must begin all over again.

Removing things from containers with Shift + RClick is normally a nice feature, but please disable it for Steel Crucibles.
Phaen

Postby vatas » Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:01 pm

"Lock" feature for Steel Crucibles and Study Screen inventories when?
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby shubla » Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:03 pm

vatas wrote:"Lock" feature for Steel Crucibles and Study Screen inventories when?

Yes all custom clients disable shift right clicking steel crucibles.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby iamahh » Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:36 pm

cave aggro-stealth set:

- Bat Wings
- Worm Mask
- Slime Helm
- Cave Rat gloves
iamahh

Postby Zebukin » Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:41 pm

Skies now in the build menu, but they require craft.
They have softcap but looks like they don`t have quality, so same speed.

(honestly I thought we should wax em at first.)
Zebukin

Postby thesourceofsadness » Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:58 pm

Next update's teaser:

thesourceofsadness

Postby wonder-ass » Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:48 pm

ZoddAlmighty wrote:
wonder-ass wrote:Consider making mining good again.
  • 1.takes too much energy
  • 2.u need an unreasonable amount of metal to start tunnel mining like 4k+
  • 3.support breaks stupid fucking fast and require nuggets (my fucking inv is literally not big enough to mine for more than 20 mins
  • 4.pls add a support that is like a 1x20 for tunneling
  • 5.Significantly reduce the spawn rate of worms/slimes lvl9 is absurd nobody mines there
  • 6.Add more cave exclusive natural resources to promote exploring cave systems
  • 7.you made slime useless bcs of gelatin
  • 8.pls add a gem detection in to miner credo
  • 9.make it so there is a new tool to excavate boulders instead of them randomly spawning

Not an expert but as someone who did a fair bit of mining this world (including level 9) I can say:
1.100% true. I had sometimes up to 8 eating sessions just to get my energy back. First couple ones were for stats, other were for just energy at that point.
2. Never have I ever had lack of metal for tunnel supports. Just light a round of smelters every time you go up to replenish energy?
3.That's why you travel with a cart full with wheelbarrows that are topped of with nuggets and bars or just bars if you made crucible on a desired mine level.
4.Sure, streamlining tunneling would be very nice.
5. I agree, I spawned on average 4 packs of slimes/worms when ever I went down to mine. My armor was constantly fucked up because choose to fight them instead of waiting for them to despawn. I just wanna go south, can't blame a man for wanting to go a certain direction :D
6. Yes, 100%.
7. No? Golden cats? Insane curio? I made a conscious effort to collect all the cave slime so we could make it into Golden Cats.
8. I do not know how I feel about it.
9. 100%, boulders are annoying as hell , especially when they start streaking so you get them 4 tiles in a row while you are tunneling.

My addition to this, that would make mining so much more enjoyable overall would be an addition of food that doesn't give stats but does not fill hunger either. That would be the real MVC (most valuable change).
And maybe an indicator of some that you have a tile that could potentially spawn an enemy? Like "Something slithers in the cave" or like that. It would work only on slimes for example, because they are the most prevalent spawn.

Golden cat hahaha he said golden cats ahahahahahah im dead how could you even remotely be oke with how much metal goes in to mining our village used 10s of thousands of metal just for tunneling.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby Massa » Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:00 pm

Batguano wrote:Nice patch, thanks!

As for Scythes that now harvest 2x3 tiles: I suggest adding a new tool - Sickle that will harvest 1x1 tiles being as effective as Scythe is (the same speed and Stamina drain). This will be comfortable in some cases, for example when harvesting mixed crop field.

And one IMPORTANT thing: devs, please DON'T make the game TOO simple and casual - many players prefer HARDCORE gameplay, not simplified and casual. Some of the game's aspects should remain being a real challenge.

Farming is not, and never will be, a challenge. Farming is not a hardcore feature or mechanic.

You will find challenge in the mines or hunting megafauna (whales, mammoths), besieging/hunting players at great cost and risk (theoeretically) to yourself and your resources, and contending with the world as a whole.

This thread and the current talk of the town is about removing TEDIUM. Tedium is often mistaken for, and ironically, mutually exclusive with challenge.
ImageImage
ass blast USA
Massa

Postby ZoddAlmighty » Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:08 pm

wonder-ass wrote:Golden cat hahaha he said golden cats ahahahahahah im dead how could you even remotely be oke with how much metal goes in to mining our village used 10s of thousands of metal just for tunneling.

Like, getting metal for stone columns aint even that big of a deal? I alone was smelting (and mining and moving) aproxx 300 to 500 bars a day if i had the time. I would say that making nuggets for repairing columns is the more problematic part.
Idk what you are talking about, cats are great.
ZoddAlmighty

Postby Massa » Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:24 pm

ZoddAlmighty wrote:
wonder-ass wrote:Golden cat hahaha he said golden cats ahahahahahah im dead how could you even remotely be oke with how much metal goes in to mining our village used 10s of thousands of metal just for tunneling.

Like, getting metal for stone columns aint even that big of a deal? I alone was smelting (and mining and moving) aproxx 300 to 500 bars a day if i had the time. I would say that making nuggets for repairing columns is the more problematic part.
Idk what you are talking about, cats are great.

This thread really doesn't need a flood of arguments about golden cats and stupid shit. Making stone columns repairable with stone and giving them more HP is a good idea. Hands down, flat out.

We want to keep this thread short and sweet and condensed so Jorb can read through it WITHOUT getting burnt out/having to wade through arguments and chatter.
ImageImage
ass blast USA
Massa

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements