Game Development: Harvest Skis

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Harvest Skis

Postby Fierce_Deity » Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:29 pm

DDDsDD999 wrote:
jorb wrote:[*] Pepper now gives "Bum Burn" for each peppered food item eaten rather than 10% of the time.
[*] The base effect of pepper at Q10 increased from a 25% FEP bonus to a 50% bonus.
[*] The "Grind Pepper" recipe now gives, randomly, between 3 and 5 units of pepper, rather than one.

Most pepper goes into cooking food, not putting it on top of food, so the first thing doesn't really do that much to alleviate how much pepper is required. 3-5 times more pepper is still not enough for the consumption to be feasible for a human to make.

Good changes, but grind pepper should give 100x more than what it was before, no one wants to farm pepper, and trellises are still cancer, it's still only going to be botted. I'd still rather pepper AND TRUFFLES get removed. Or nerfed to a 5% bonus, can't cook into food, and made way more spammable.

/quote]
I mostly agree here. Have you guys ever seen a pepper plant? A healthy pepper plant just gets bigger and bigger, producing more and more peppers each day. Part of my nitpick with trellis is that they don't ramp up in production...for plants like this that become a larger and larger bush over time they really should. First harvest maybe you get 3, second 5, third, 10, and so on, until the plant is nuked by winter. The production could plateau after a certain point, but overall it shouldn't stop at its current amount.
Fierce_Deity

Postby Pommfritz » Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:01 pm

I just realised the scythe change works on trellis as well, that's gonna be a big timesaver xD
Pommfritz

Postby pawnchito » Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:34 pm

jorb wrote:
[*] As you may be able to surmise, we decided, in regards to the question we asked last week, to leave seasons in, at least for now, and take the opportunity to make changes aiming at making them more palatable. We appreciate all input given, sympathize with both sides of the argument, and have nuanced views on the matter. Feel free to opine about spring. Does spring have other problems besides the lack of tree seeds?

Bugs, Im not 100% sure but I think there are no bugs and although it is realistic or whatever it fucking sucks to try and get any curios early or even bug collections and stuff.

Snail is right btw, Crop circles are fucking ass. Coming from one of those weirdos that casually grinds q.
pawnchito

Postby mvgulik » Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:22 pm

jorb wrote:
  • Removed (effectively, at least) the timer from harvesting crops.

Mmm. Side effect is that manual drinking (like for anything other than water), while harvesting a large field in one go, is now virtually impossible. (yea yea, default auto drink still works fine.)

jorb wrote:Stuff like that timer on harvesting crops is nothing we're attached to.

Apparently ... lol.
mvgulik

Postby jordancoles » Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:33 pm

Info about skis:
-Both skis and kicksleds go the same speed on non-snow tiles - 16.7 speed
-Skis go 59 speed when shift clicked on the snow at 3rd speed and it does not drain stamina. Normal run speed is 50. For comparison, kicksleds go between 65-68 speed on snow, so sleds are faster than skis at 3rd speed.
-You can sprint while wearing skis but it drains stamina fast as fuck. Normal sprint speed on foot is 67 and skis sprint at 83 speed.
-You can currently drink while sprining on skis without losing speed
-There is currently no timer to get on or off of a pair of skis
-Skis have no quality
-Skis can go on your back like a coracle and have a right click option to either get on or to pick up. They can also be stored in your inventory, but not a belt
-Skis have variable materials for their appearance
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby mvgulik » Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:56 am

Interesting. Dev's placed an item to be crafted under the build menu section instead of somewhere under the craft-equipment menu section.

* turns up sound volume * ... yep. That's just plain awkward, no traveling sound whatsoever when using skis.

And because your mounted, most other sounds are also gone now. Making the deafening silence complete.
mvgulik

Postby iamahh » Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:24 pm

mvgulik wrote:Interesting. Dev's placed an item to be crafted under the build menu section instead of somewhere under the craft-equipment menu section

it's in the vehicle group tho
iamahh

Postby WowGain » Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:12 pm

On the topic of spring, one of its worst things is that it is entirely negatives without a single real aspect to the season that makes it enjoyable. the closest thing are the bumblebees since you can catch a million of them to put into bug collections, but that's literally it. winter slams a halt to two of the main pillars of your industry but at least you can enjoy the pretty snow and go kill stoats (which could be made much less frustrating to hunt. increase the spawnrate/potential biomes, and stop making them sprint away the moment you get near them).

With spring that isn't the case. your industry is still at a standstill because trees are nonexistent for at least another week, potentially two or even three if you're unlucky. spring introduces no interesting things for you to do during that time, and removes vital industry that just puts a stop to basically every other part of your base or village's improvement. all the problems with winter and without anything to make up for it. the world even just looks depressing with how drab and washed out all the colors are on the trees and in terrain tilesets, like if fall was boring and mostly gray. the only thing i can say in support of spring is that at least there's no midges.

by the way, add bug repellent.
W7 Hermit, Honorary Ruskie
W8 Hermit
W10 Hermit
W12 Hermit
W13 Oppidian, Lawspeaker of Duckshead Bay, Straumfjord
W14 Oppidian, Aldermann of Aldorice Reodcomba, Lord of Eirinsk, Duke of Sasheim
WowGain

Postby shubla » Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:16 pm

Now that we have skis, we should add ski modified boat like in the picture above.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby NeoBasilisk » Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:00 pm

Removed (effectively, at least) the timer from harvesting crops.

what does this mean
NeoBasilisk

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements