Game Development: Harvest Skis

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Harvest Skis

Postby Audiosmurf » Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:52 pm

jorb wrote:Scythes now harvest 2x3 tiles in front of the character per swipe.

Unspeakably overdue and unfathomably based
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Postby jorb » Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:52 pm

strpk0 wrote:Other than that, nice and interesting update, always good to see tedium removed from the game.

Ty! Do feel free to post any other low-hanging tedium that could be removed (in b4 all the jokes that could be made here). Stuff like that timer on harvesting crops is nothing we're attached to.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby snapko1 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:58 pm

Someone kidnapped devs or their family??? quality of life in the game is no longer taken hostage, such audacity. Unbelievable.whats next, you will be able to remember kins after death, restore thingwall network? Oh wait. Can we get terraforming quality of life changes as well? I mean... Im already happy with what we got thanks god but would be nice. Flattening parcels of unfriendly landscape with current tools is done by bots and huge water barrels on their back untill they die from exhaustion.... Would be cool if it could be done with just couple of friends instead. Dont get me wrong, its bearable but I would prefer to not use 5 alt accounts with nakeds on third-party software to get village going.
Last edited by snapko1 on Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
snapko1

Postby Asgaroth22 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:01 am

jorb wrote: Do feel free to post any other low-hanging tedium that could be removed (in b4 all the jokes that could be made here). Stuff like that timer on harvesting crops is nothing we're attached to.

Please increase crop to swill ratio, or reduce animal consumption rate. That would be awesome.
“The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.”

Douglas Adams

W3-W13 - mostly hermit, with a few brief periods as a crafter/farmer to various villages
Asgaroth22

Postby strpk0 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:03 am

Asgaroth22 wrote:
jorb wrote: Do feel free to post any other low-hanging tedium that could be removed (in b4 all the jokes that could be made here). Stuff like that timer on harvesting crops is nothing we're attached to.

Please increase crop to swill ratio, or reduce animal consumption rate. That would be awesome.

The problem with this has always been people will just increase how many animals they keep and continue to suffer by their own hands.
Granger wrote:Fuck off, please go grow yourself some decency.

strpk0

Postby Vesena » Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:04 am

jorb wrote:
strpk0 wrote:Other than that, nice and interesting update, always good to see tedium removed from the game.

Ty! Do feel free to post any other low-hanging tedium that could be removed (in b4 all the jokes that could be made here). Stuff like that timer on harvesting crops is nothing we're attached to.

When you lose your lure while casting fishing, automatically replace it with one of the same type from your inventory?
Vesena

Postby strpk0 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:06 am

jorb wrote:Ty! Do feel free to post any other low-hanging tedium that could be removed (in b4 all the jokes that could be made here). Stuff like that timer on harvesting crops is nothing we're attached to.

I think truffles are due for similar pepper treatment. I'd be a bastard and ask for them to get removed entirely, but also decreasing how much time you need to spend gathering them would be neat (either increasing yield or how many uses they have).
At the moment they're just as bad (if not worse) than pepper when it comes to time required to eat optimally with them.

Also, I just realized, missed opportunity for adding a yeti hat :)

Last edited by strpk0 on Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
Granger wrote:Fuck off, please go grow yourself some decency.

strpk0

Postby Asgaroth22 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:10 am

strpk0 wrote:
Asgaroth22 wrote:

The problem with this has always been people will just increase how many animals they keep and continue to suffer by their own hands.

I'm not asking for a multiplier of 10, but as a hermit that plays a decent amount of hours per day, the current consumption rate of swill feels a bit high, and quite a bit of my playtime is devoted to harvesting/planting fodder (about 80-120 animals at any given time)
While we're on the topic of animals, being able to sort cattle roster by multiple columns would be amazing. Sorting through 5 types of animals while having in mind 5 different attributes for each of them every few days just to raise quality is tedious.
Last edited by Asgaroth22 on Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
“The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.”

Douglas Adams

W3-W13 - mostly hermit, with a few brief periods as a crafter/farmer to various villages
Asgaroth22

Postby shubla » Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:12 am

Devs are becoming old and soft, doing all these changes.
If you want to remove tedium, you should look at mining, its pretty damn tedious right now. I feel like every time the miner of the village plays for 1-2 months and then burns out and quits.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby jordancoles » Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:44 am

Good patch

Pras
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements