Game Development: Yesteryear's Patch

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Yesteryear's Patch

Postby WEREWOLF132009 » Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:06 am

SnuggleSnail wrote:Hey, those are more really good improvements. Everybody in my village is noticeably more optimistic about the game because of the patch quality lately.

Good job. Will continue incessantly complaining

it is a pity that because of you there are almost no other villages left and there is no one even to enjoy this renewal.

(There are 86 hearthlings playing)
WEREWOLF132009

Postby SnuggleSnail » Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:20 am

As flattered as I am by the notion I doubt I'm that impactful.

Anybody who acts like they know why player population is low beyond normal attrition should be treated like a retard who's talking out of their ass, but... I'm pretty sure realms having been absolutely fucked for several years directly affecting nearly the entire community, or oceans effectively splitting the population of lower tier players, or fast travel not being good enough to really have global community hubs has had way more of an impact. Oh, and the complete lack of PVP viable/in general good public clients lmao
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby beefy » Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:47 am

another great patch!

SnuggleSnail wrote:I'm pretty sure realms having been absolutely fucked for several years directly affecting nearly the entire community, or oceans effectively splitting the population of lower tier players, or fast travel not being good enough to really have global community hubs has had way more of an impact. Oh, and the complete lack of PVP viable/in general good public clients lmao

Those 3 points should really be adjusted before W14!
beefy

Postby Pommfritz » Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:25 am

For future patches, I think this was also mentioned during a dev stream and is probably on a list somewhere. PLEASE MAKE CLIFFS VISABLE.
Some custom clients have this feature but I'm not fortunate enough to be in those circles nor can I develope this myself lmao. I'm just stuck getting stuck on cliffs when I run somwhere, probably like most players

Great patches lately anyway. I'm interested to see how the fruit buff turns out.
Pommfritz

Postby Fostik » Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:29 am

Every patch is better than previous, amazing!
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

Postby mvgulik » Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:55 am

Oops, custom clients got screwed.

* Fires up the dev's preferred client *

... :( ...

That reminds me.

In "Game Development: Well Planted Calvados" post @ 18 Jul 2021.
There was some mentioning of ...
"Added support for the client to keep multiple authentication cookies. The UI isn't well developed, but if you have logged in on multiple accounts you can scroll between them using the up/down keys in the account name text box on the login screen."

How it that feature coming along ?
As it seems completely missing on my system. (UI ?, what UI ?)
... Apart perhaps from this odd initial startup "Connecting (address 2/2)..." + "Could not connect to server." delay process.

Guess its working as intended on the dev's system.

* Tries to do a little crops farming *
... O my god. No thanks, I'll will wait for Ender update/fix.
* Fires up Q3A to frag some dev... erm bots *
mvgulik

Postby shubla » Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:30 am

I find it amusing that devs are ready to do some major effort changes like these but then any changes to siege or pvp mechanics to help casuals(90% of playerbase) are absolutely no go.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby SnuggleSnail » Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:45 am

what siege or pvp changes would help the casuals, shubla? I have absolutely zero faith that you've enough experience with either to have a valid suggestion, but I'm curious what you'd say regardless
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby wonder-ass » Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:29 am

Cant learn with out losing, if youre not even willing to lose to learn why should the game cater to you?
Ur trash at the game accept it and move on.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby Jalpha » Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:47 am

Massa wrote:
jorb wrote:Fruit-bearing trees or bushes never replenish their fruits during winter or spring. The onset of summer replenishes all trees and bushes.

You need to let go of this for the sake of gameplay and have spring be exclusively a superficially different summer. It should be the same in every way, except maybe with the extra fruit and spring uniques. All, every single thing that happens in summer should happen in spring. Foragables, growth, etc.

I disagree. However I do agree with my perception of the undercurrent contained within your post. After the long winter there should be some bonus content for those who survived the cold.

Variety is the spice of life and so instead of an early summer (global warming jokes omitted) perhaps something more akin to our paleolithic ancestry could fill the desire. Even today spring is mostly a time for animals while plants are still recovering from the frosts.

However it has been some time since I have actually played the game, having moved on to projects of my own (and also being quite disgusted by certain notorious elements of the community) so take anything I suggest with a barrel of salt.
Laying flat.
Jalpha
Under curfew

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements