Game Development: Iced Bait

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Iced Bait

Postby strpk0 » Sun Nov 07, 2021 11:08 pm

loftar wrote:I mean, I don't.

Also, I gotta admit I don't really see why crashing while knocked-out is a problem. When has logging back in ever taken a full minute? Power or Internet outages I can see, but crashing?

C'mon man, it's what everyone has been asking for.
It is a VERY big problem, if you crash while in combat (due to the nvidia bug, atleast) it has happened that you will chain crash 5-10 times more after. You only get 30 seconds to teleport home so the only options you get are either sharing your accounts with people and beg them to save you from dying, or just take the death.

And if we're talking power outtages/internet disconnections the problem is obviously much worse, god knows if you'll even get the chance to ask a friend to somehow log in before the 30 seconds are up.
Even from a non PVP perspective, dying to some random animal in the wilderness because your internet dropped out is extremely bad for player retention. Why can't the game do the bare minimum to deal with these situations?
Granger wrote:Fuck off, please go grow yourself some decency.

strpk0

Postby DonVelD » Sun Nov 07, 2021 11:16 pm

loftar wrote:Sure enough, that's worth considering. I'm just saying that I think it would have to be something a bit more considered than "hearth home immediately upon disconnect".

Making it a toggle could be an option? Anyways, I think its a must-have feature for people that fight, so I'd be more than happy if it was added.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
DonVelD

Postby Dakkan » Sun Nov 07, 2021 11:40 pm

Excited to try the new iced caviar recipe and experiment with the roeboat + seasonings!

+1

Caviar/roe as toppings similar to pepper/truffles next week?
Dakkan

Postby pawnchito » Sun Nov 07, 2021 11:45 pm

Nightdawg wrote:
jorb wrote:Becoming knocked out now opens a small dialogue, giving you explicit choices on how to respond to the KO, with traveling to Hearth Fire being the pre-selected default.

So I travel back to my hearth even if I'm disconnected while being knocked out, yes? Even if I get knocked out AFTER disconnecting, yes?

THIS FUCKING WINDOW HAS A POINT YES?

Doesnt this change do that? If you get knocked out the dialog box youve chosen is the action that occurs?
pawnchito

Postby loftar » Sun Nov 07, 2021 11:48 pm

Nightdawg wrote:This has to be a fucking joke, you're literally spitting in your players' faces by adding this half-half-half(1/8th) assed fix that doesn't even fix the problem it's supposed to fix.

Nubs not knowing what to do when they're knocked out is the main complaint I've heard about, and so is what it was supposed to fix, and I do believe it does fix that. That doesn't mean I was saying that I refuse to fix your problem. I will happily accept all your butthurt, though.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby DonVelD » Sun Nov 07, 2021 11:50 pm

pawnchito wrote:Doesnt this change do that? If you get knocked out the dialog box youve chosen is the action that occurs?

No, at least it doesnt do what we want yet - it only works if you're in the game, not offline because of crash.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
DonVelD

Postby strpk0 » Sun Nov 07, 2021 11:53 pm

loftar wrote:That doesn't mean I was saying that I refuse to fix your problem.

I'm pretty convinced PVP died out this world 2-3 months in exclusively because of these situations (and god knows if people will bother with PVP next world with the nvidia bug still existing and outlaw still being such an uncalled for liability for anyone that dares to engage in the non-peaceful aspects of this game).

Just pointing this out incase it still seems like an isolated issue that only one person/a few people are having.
Last edited by strpk0 on Sun Nov 07, 2021 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Granger wrote:Fuck off, please go grow yourself some decency.

strpk0

Postby Astarisk » Sun Nov 07, 2021 11:53 pm

loftar wrote:
Nightdawg wrote:This has to be a fucking joke, you're literally spitting in your players' faces by adding this half-half-half(1/8th) assed fix that doesn't even fix the problem it's supposed to fix.

Nubs not knowing what to do when they're knocked out is the main complaint I've heard about, and so is what it was supposed to fix, and I do believe it does fix that. That doesn't mean I was saying that I refuse to fix your problem. I will happily accept all your butthurt, though.

It's a good step in the right direction. I think drowning should still be looked into if you feel inclined on removing the ko->bash boat path which is also a frequent occurrence.
IRC/IGN: Rawrz

Join the Haven & Hearth Discord if you need help and our community will surely help you:
Astarisk

Postby loftar » Sun Nov 07, 2021 11:56 pm

strpk0 wrote:with the nvidia bug still existing

My request for more info on that still stands, by the way, lest people think it is no longer relevant.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby pawnchito » Sun Nov 07, 2021 11:59 pm

DonVelD wrote:
pawnchito wrote:Doesnt this change do that? If you get knocked out the dialog box youve chosen is the action that occurs?

No, at least it doesnt do what we want yet - it only works if you're in the game, not offline because of crash.

Oof I thought that would be a part of it. I missed the post. That sounded sensible.
pawnchito

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements