Game Development: Starboard Bough

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Starboard Bough

Postby Fostik » Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:33 pm

Can't wait to try all this sweet updates in new world.
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

Postby jordancoles » Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:47 pm

Nice, now let catapults damage animals and give us a "quarry" action after completing the quarryman credo which would destroy the mined tile and give 1 boulder in return (remove random boulder spawns)
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby jordancoles » Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:49 pm

ChildhoodObesity wrote:
loftar wrote:
ChildhoodObesity wrote:murdering nabs has never been so easy

Just to be sure, that's not true, because it was a whole lot easier in Legacy.

true but no one cares about legacy anymore since hafen is significantly better :)

Take it back :x
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby NeoRed9 » Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:55 pm

Delenda est Carthago
NeoRed9

Postby Pommfritz » Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:02 pm

Astarisk wrote: and let's not forget about walls being able to cascade from non-claimed land to claim land.

I like those suggestions but I think that's not true, at least 2 times I tried that but it always stopped cascading at the claim borders. If that's incorrect please correct me xd
Pommfritz

Postby MightySheep » Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:07 pm

The red handed reduction is really weird change. I dont recall that ever being a controversial debate. I actually thought the 1h red handed mechanic made a lot of sense because it is literally the only reason why I dont just KO every noob I walk past. Every time you see a random noob in the wild you weigh the potential that they might have something worth looting vs the nuisance of being unable to port for 1h and in 90% of cases being unable to port for 1h makes it not worth it. I dont know who youre talking to that is saying it significantly interferes with faction vs faction but I think it is way off the mark.
MightySheep

Postby wonder-ass » Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:12 pm

loftar wrote:
Astarisk wrote:Let's remove perma-death (let's face it, this doesn't effect the top end one bit) and give the newer players a chance to learn the game without giving them the harshest punishment.

I think Haven should at least have aspirations to be a survival game, so if anything I'd like to make permadeath more common, and perhaps make the consequences of it more bearable.

Could just remove the pain from death and make it a mostly vanity and loss of gears.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby talon00302 » Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:20 pm

Where this man at?
talon00302

Postby aselpina » Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:21 pm

Main basis of complains on the matter of red hands is:
1) it is useless even if it would be working
2) it is not working
3) we suffer ("we" aka very certain group of people with very specific even exclusive gameplay)
And they are finalizing it with a fair question: why to keep it in game according to points above?

And then appears a very simple ethical question: do we want criminals to suffer any consequences or it rather must be encouraged with impunity?

Because if we do want, then it perfectly uncovers that reason #2 is wrong and mechanic is actually working because no matter how they are wording their speeches they clearly suffer enough to start a forum wars in purpose to get rid of it. That's some level of annoyance.
But if we agree that getting red hands is an unfair penalty for having intended by game "fun" then everything is perfect and justice has finally prevailed.

I am rather on the first side, but if the second is an offcial position of developers I will accept it. Just curious and really wanted to know what is Haven's direction here. And I will just be happy to not be the 1/50 lucky sprucecaps who's not gonna be killed today because the nabkillers they meet in the wilds are too lazy to get redhanded this exact time. And now they actually gonna lose possibility to win this lottery. Or I am happy that I will not be a pvper who got some fresh scents and started a chase but the pursued perpetrator got away by tp and the next time he maybe will not bother. Yes these are odd rare cases which god knows if ever would happen. But we must understand that deciding to nerf red hands or leave it we are deciding which 5-10 people to neglect: those odd but possible cases I listed or the complainers. Another ethical question for devs
Last edited by aselpina on Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
aselpina

Postby DDDsDD999 » Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:27 pm

lmao loftar is an https certified cuck
DDDsDD999

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements