Game Development: Spy-with-Eye

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Spy-with-Eye

Postby shubla » Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:00 pm

I would never even try to kill some "grief alt" with my main, because there is too high chance that its a trap. You will only kill griefing alts with your anti griefing alt, which makes 24h redhand completely ok, because only your anti grief alt will get it anyways :shock:

If some noob is stupid enough to actually with his real character attack some griefing alt there is 99% probability that b12 men will come from edge of his screen within 2 seconds to finish him off.
Stop using the griefing alt argument, its unrealistic.

Devs should also rethink their stance on pvp. If these thoughts are still their current thoughts.

telum12 wrote:There's a lot of situations where throw-away alts can be used to grief. Being punished that harshly to remove them is stupid.

So you use your main to get rid of them? That works only if you are strongest faction in the game. Pls tell your base location I will send some "grief alt" on your way.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby jordancoles » Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:10 pm

VDZ wrote:
Pommfritz wrote:in 5mins you probably can't tell your friends or stronger neighbours or whatever to come and help you get some guy if you catch him red handed and you are way weaker nevermind them thingwalling correctly to cut you off in 5mins

But what are the odds of still catching them if you give them a five minute headstart? I imagine that if you take 5 minutes to begin chasing the perpetrator, you're not going to catch them anyways.

It takes at least 5 minutes for the Discord message to be seen by friends, for them to close their better games, to load up their client and to make it to a thingwall to start heading over. 5 minutes is a joke lol, unless you're the base owner and are ready to log in on top of them it's not likely that help will arrive in that time window. If they're in a base and actively destroying things then that's different but in just a hit and run scenario where one person KOs a dude on water and takes off with the loot/body then no chance they're caught redhanded.
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby jordancoles » Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:18 pm

telum12 wrote:
shubla wrote:Redhand should be 24 hours if you attack somebody without rage learned to prevent crime sprees.
Tell me 1 reason why not?
Thingwalls under contention and meteorites could have exclusion zone so that it would be shorter.

Shubla stop posting jesus fucking christ.

1. Village X starts griefing Shubla's village.
2. Shubla starts sieging village X.
3. Non-rage alt starts bashing the ram.
4. Shubla kills the alt
5. Shubla gets ganked because he's an idiot and suggested making this a 24-hour redhand

There's a lot of situations where throw-away alts can be used to grief. Being punished that harshly to remove them is stupid.

Are you forgetting that outlaw is a thing? A murder scent on any character would still leave you standing inside of your base for over a week.

It's actually a problem with siege defense. If you defend yourself successfully you leave scents (if they attack you first then KOing them doesnt leave battery, but you're almost always killing siege alts if you decide to KO them in the first place), and if the attackers decided to try again they now have you outlawed inside for a free kill on top of the siege itself. There is a reason why some people choose to just log out for a week if they notice siege equipment

Edit: I read this as if Shubla was defending and not attacking
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby shubla » Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:33 pm

jordancoles wrote:It's actually a problem with siege defense. If you defend yourself successfully you leave scents (if they attack you first then KOing them doesnt leave battery, but you're almost always killing siege alts if you decide to KO them in the first place), and if the attackers decided to try again they now have you outlawed inside for a free kill on top of the siege itself. There is a reason why some people choose to just log out for a week if they notice siege equipment

Exclusion zone from outlaw/redhanded around your own claim would help on this.
Although defending your base from attackers is possible again only if you are strongest faction in the game.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby VDZ » Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:34 pm

jordancoles wrote:
VDZ wrote:
Pommfritz wrote:in 5mins you probably can't tell your friends or stronger neighbours or whatever to come and help you get some guy if you catch him red handed and you are way weaker nevermind them thingwalling correctly to cut you off in 5mins

But what are the odds of still catching them if you give them a five minute headstart? I imagine that if you take 5 minutes to begin chasing the perpetrator, you're not going to catch them anyways.

It takes at least 5 minutes for the Discord message to be seen by friends, for them to close their better games, to load up their client and to make it to a thingwall to start heading over. 5 minutes is a joke lol, unless you're the base owner and are ready to log in on top of them it's not likely that help will arrive in that time window. If they're in a base and actively destroying things then that's different but in just a hit and run scenario where one person KOs a dude on water and takes off with the loot/body then no chance they're caught redhanded.

Sure, but does that change with red-handed at 20 minutes, or will the criminal escape either way?
VDZ

Postby Pommfritz » Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:39 pm

there are so many different scenarios where you can either get away very often or not get away very often or something inbetween. nobody can generalize that for you. however the chance of getting caught with 5min headstart is greater than 0 and smaller than without headstart ...
Pommfritz

Postby DDDsDD999 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:44 pm

That's why they should make it so moving further from the source of your redhanded decreases the duration. If you have a fast method of transportation and are actively leaving you're basically uncatchable.
DDDsDD999

Postby pawnchito » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:11 pm

Nice hat btw!
pawnchito

Postby Pommfritz » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:19 pm

DDDsDD999 wrote:That's why they should make it so moving further from the source of your redhanded decreases the duration. If you have a fast method of transportation and are actively leaving you're basically uncatchable.

might actually be a cool idea. at least it makes sense :D
Pommfritz

Postby telum12 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:41 pm

shubla wrote:I would never even try to kill some "grief alt" with my main, because there is too high chance that its a trap. You will only kill griefing alts with your anti griefing alt, which makes 24h redhand completely ok, because only your anti grief alt will get it anyways :shock:

If some noob is stupid enough to actually with his real character attack some griefing alt there is 99% probability that b12 men will come from edge of his screen within 2 seconds to finish him off.
Stop using the griefing alt argument, its unrealistic.

Devs should also rethink their stance on pvp. If these thoughts are still their current thoughts.

telum12 wrote:There's a lot of situations where throw-away alts can be used to grief. Being punished that harshly to remove them is stupid.

So you use your main to get rid of them? That works only if you are strongest faction in the game. Pls tell your base location I will send some "grief alt" on your way.

Ah yes, let's make this game an alt-fest. Good thinking. Also sure, I'll PM you my base location, I'll be expecting much griefing :)

edit: wtf is your discord
MagicManICT wrote:To me, being called a pedo is exactly like being called gay.

Jalpha wrote:She must have been in heat bro. She was literally fanging for it. Literally posting repeatedly in chat, in all caps "DO IT! POST YOUR DICK! THERE'S NO WAY IT'S 7 INCHES!"

How could any hot-blooded male deny such a request under the circumstances.
telum12

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements