Game Development: Spy-with-Eye

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Spy-with-Eye

Postby Soukuw » Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:10 pm

Very nice. I love me some magic. Very cool you can reverse scry them, that parts awesome. I'm guessing the scryer can see this?
Soukuw

Postby jordancoles » Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:11 pm

SnuggleSnail wrote:Super underdevelopment opinion, but my initial thought is the person getting scryed shouldn't have a stat check to know if they're getting scryed

Yeah, probably best to always know if you're being watched regardless of stats. Looking back at the person scrying could use a stat check though, I guess. The idea of a magic-ball-viewing character that raises their skills to do it better is neat. Not knowing if you're being watched, or knowing that the second you watch someone you'll be revealing your own location maybe not so much.
Last edited by jordancoles on Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby loftar » Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:12 pm

Soukuw wrote:I'm guessing the scryer can see this?

Kind of. He can see the perpetrator doing the magics pose, but in theory that could be doing some other random rite as well.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby loftar » Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:14 pm

SnuggleSnail wrote:Super underdevelopment opinion, but my initial thought is the person getting scryed shouldn't have a stat check to know if they're getting scryed

Open to the idea, but part of the thought was that it should be kinda creepy to not really know if you're being watched or not.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby Pommfritz » Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:17 pm

cool update looking at the recipes they are probably a bit too expensive I havent found a mandrake root in months but will see how it turns out with the increase in spawn rate. like, I think it's unlikely I would find a mandrake root until some scent would run out xd so not really something to actually catch someone while they are red handed xd

any thoughts on increasing steel cruicible reload time to 24h instead of 12h?
Pommfritz

Postby Xoatl » Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:18 pm

loftar wrote:
jordancoles wrote:Could be interesting. Being able to look back at who is scrying you is pretty funny

It's probably mostly larpy, since I expect most scrying will take place somewhere in a dark basement. In case y'all think it would be interesting/meaningful, I considered making it so that scrying must take place in the overworld so that the scryer can actually be located.

Noooo keep it allowed to do from a dark basement. If you scry back itll let you have a chance to figure out (if character is memorized or kinned) who's trying to track you that way. So even still its not totally larpy.

Also good opportunity for noobs/retards to die by not doing it in a cellar.
Xoatl

Postby SnuggleSnail » Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:21 pm

loftar wrote:

Open to the idea, but part of the thought was that it should be kinda creepy to not really know if you're being watched or not.

Eh, TBH idk how it will work out. I feel like on the very rare occasion you actually know you're being tracked it's WAYYYYY less likely you're going to be successfully ganked. On the other hand when people can actually pinpoint the exact second your pants are around your ankles after 30 minutes of waiting just off screen you're actually p likely to die, I feel? I don't think that should be a stat check.

It'll be kinda hard to have meaningful feedback before next world, tho. It's cool either way
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby BigCountry » Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:23 pm

I agree.
BigCountry

Postby Soukuw » Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:24 pm

When you scry can you place bookmarks on the map in the location you're viewing? I've noticed when you press the home button while traveling you can view the map and place bookmarks.
Last edited by Soukuw on Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Soukuw

Postby kiddoinc » Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:26 pm

Would be nice if the development direction didnt revolve around one players ability to poop. Why are you all even complaining you all will have crazy stats and will be able to scry back every time so why cry? Have you not been botting those two stats is that it?

The argument before was well red handed does nothing and no one ever uses scents to track people because they are scary. Now its the same darn thing, people arent going to scry because they will just get shit on some more.
kiddoinc

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements