Game Development: Charter Shoo

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Charter Shoo

Postby MadNomad » Thu Feb 17, 2022 5:44 pm

SnuggleSnail wrote:you're so deeply afraid of perceived danger.

what if I want to use my farmer for this? and do it often?

the more times you do something dangerous, the higher the chance the danger comes
MadNomad

Postby SnuggleSnail » Thu Feb 17, 2022 5:53 pm

MadNomad, considering the prospect of being outside a wall for 10 seconds wrote:Image

I heard there's some pretty good games on facebook for new moms
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby Pills » Thu Feb 17, 2022 5:53 pm

MadNomad wrote:
SnuggleSnail wrote:you're so deeply afraid of perceived danger.

what if I want to use my farmer for this? and do it often?

the more times you do something dangerous, the higher the chance the danger comes

Build a road? you know, the other option for fast travel.
Pills

Postby MadNomad » Thu Feb 17, 2022 5:55 pm

Pills wrote:Build a road? you know, the other option for fast travel.

doesn't jump through wall XD

if we can't have nice things, then we can't have nice things, I only asked, and thought that the devs are the ones who answer such questions
MadNomad

Postby WowGain » Fri Feb 18, 2022 1:37 am

MadNomad wrote:

if we can't have nice things, then we can't have nice things, I only asked, and thought that the devs are the ones who answer such questions

they already answered this question when they gave their initial reasoning for straight up removing charterstones at the start of this world- that being that the devs also have no sympathy for people who want to play the entire game without ever leaving the walls of their base.
W7 Hermit, Honorary Ruskie
W8 Hermit
W10 Hermit
W12 Hermit
W13 Oppidian, Lawspeaker of Duckshead Bay, Straumfjord
W14 Oppidian, Aldermann of Aldorice Reodcomba, Lord of Eirinsk, Duke of Sasheim
WowGain

Postby Pills » Fri Feb 18, 2022 2:26 pm

MadNomad wrote:

Simple then, don't build somethign 20 minimaps away if you have no intention of getting there without going outside at all.
Pills

Postby Sigilius » Wed Feb 23, 2022 5:23 pm

MadNomad wrote:
jorb wrote:You can not travel between Charter Stones.

maybe you should allow travel between charter stones but with low range? like 20 minimaps?

Mine a tunnel.
Sigilius

Postby MadNomad » Mon Feb 28, 2022 3:06 pm

WowGain wrote:devs also have no sympathy for people who want to play the entire game without ever leaving the walls of their base

also forgot to mention that I wanted this change specifically for farmer, which is supposed to stay within walls as long as possible of course

it's not like I will spawn a whale within my walls and hunt it from that place, for those I will still have to leave my walls because there is no other way of getting them

the same applies for boars, deers and all other animals

also for blueberries and other forageables

also for mining, it's not like I regenerate stone or ore tiles within my walls

so my suggestion wouldn't allow you to always sit inside of walls, but only to keep the farmer there, the character which should be there

with warrior/hunter or miner I would still have to leave walls, otherwise it would make raising the stats of those two pointless
MadNomad

Postby Pills » Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:46 am

MadNomad wrote:
WowGain wrote:devs also have no sympathy for people who want to play the entire game without ever leaving the walls of their base

also forgot to mention that I wanted this change specifically for farmer, which is supposed to stay within walls as long as possible of course

it's not like I will spawn a whale within my walls and hunt it from that place, for those I will still have to leave my walls because there is no other way of getting them

the same applies for boars, deers and all other animals

also for blueberries and other forageables

also for mining, it's not like I regenerate stone or ore tiles within my walls

so my suggestion wouldn't allow you to always sit inside of walls, but only to keep the farmer there, the character which should be there

with warrior/hunter or miner I would still have to leave walls, otherwise it would make raising the stats of those two pointless

All i'm hearing is "my bot has to go a long distance", if its anything other than a bot then you're worrying about it too much.
Pills

Postby SnuggleSnail » Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:56 am

It's not a bot, you're severely overestimating him. It's a nab that likes the idea of playing a "hardcore" game because it makes him feel cool or whatever, but actually just wants to play stardew valley.

(I'm not even opposed to being able to charter/portico to the nearest thingwall, I just hate that guy's reasoning/selfishness and also it doesn't matter)
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements