Game Development: Charter Shoo

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Charter Shoo

Postby noindyfikator » Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:31 pm

Very good patch, making our life easier is always nice!
W3 - W10 - Hermit / small plots with spruces
W11 - The Friend Zone
W12 - KoA aka Kingdom of Ashes
W13 - Monke
W14 - Alpaca Farm aka Animal Planet
W15 - Whatever Bay - The Greatest Siege Defense Victory in Haven History - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhyUveSeZ0Q
noindyfikator

Postby shubla » Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:34 pm

jorb wrote:
Given the time and cost involved, I suspect serious sieges are only ever attempted when the force difference is significant, and when the attackers are more or less certain that they will succeed. That being said, I certainly know of at least a few cases where sieges have failed.

Force difference is significant for nearly all players because they don't have fighters. It may take hundreds of hours to build a base, but maybe 2 to destroy it. I cannot understand why you don't see this. Yes it requires certain level of autism and flexible (or non existant) social and work life, but if those are satisfied its way too easy to end it for somebody.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby iamahh » Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:08 pm

quick someone conjure Brodgar with noob charter before the universe divide by zero

puppy tax
iamahh

Postby Fostik » Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:23 pm

Thanks for returning charters.
Bummer that trading is dead and no newb villages will found anymore, but this would be a good use for new world.
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

Postby telum12 » Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:28 pm

shubla wrote:
jorb wrote:
Given the time and cost involved, I suspect serious sieges are only ever attempted when the force difference is significant, and when the attackers are more or less certain that they will succeed. That being said, I certainly know of at least a few cases where sieges have failed.

Force difference is significant for nearly all players because they don't have fighters. It may take hundreds of hours to build a base, but maybe 2 to destroy it. I cannot understand why you don't see this. Yes it requires certain level of autism and flexible (or non existant) social and work life, but if those are satisfied its way too easy to end it for somebody.

Imagine thinking it takes 2 hours to siege down and destroy a base.
MagicManICT wrote:To me, being called a pedo is exactly like being called gay.

Jalpha wrote:She must have been in heat bro. She was literally fanging for it. Literally posting repeatedly in chat, in all caps "DO IT! POST YOUR DICK! THERE'S NO WAY IT'S 7 INCHES!"

How could any hot-blooded male deny such a request under the circumstances.
telum12

Postby VDZ » Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:36 pm

Definitely an interesting change. Wonder if we'll get a massive centralized market again next world.

loftar wrote:
SnuggleSnail wrote:lol not complaining but the stam drain is kinda funny xd good patch

Right, I was planning to change that, but forgot about it. It's the same total stamina drain as it used to be, but since we lessened the building requirements, it looks a lot more ridiculous per item, so it should probably be adjusted to match.

Interesting that it's defined per construction rather than per material. Which has me curious: Is the anvil instant stamina bar drain intentional, or is it a similar oversight? (I have no objection against it, in fact I think it's interesting and adds something unique to anvil construction, but it's a completely unique trait.)
VDZ

Postby WowGain » Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:49 pm

shubla wrote:How many sieges have there been and how many of them have resulted in successful defense? 1%
Dont lie to yourself that defendin happens like ever.

stop talking out of your ass, everyone knows youre a sprucecap that doesnt know shit beyond the most banal and lowbrow means of attacking anyone in this game with your riverboat bots
W7 Hermit, Honorary Ruskie
W8 Hermit
W10 Hermit
W12 Hermit
W13 Oppidian, Lawspeaker of Duckshead Bay, Straumfjord
W14 Oppidian, Aldermann of Aldorice Reodcomba, Lord of Eirinsk, Duke of Sasheim
WowGain

Postby KwonChiMin » Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:58 pm

So, you just pop up a village for a siege rn, build CS and you can teleport any fighter you want to make siege even more likely successful? Safe altspam without the need to build wilderness beacon for each of them? GJ with implementing back yet another abusive mechanic.

Promoting it as a defensive measure is a pure bs btw. With redhanded reduced to 20 minutes - it only takes that much for a criminal to escape back inside safewalls, without even a theoretical possibility to be stopped midjump. It surely will help the pvp part of the game.... The very specific part obv, but you are moving that way for some time now, so no surprises.
KwonChiMin

Postby SnuggleSnail » Mon Dec 06, 2021 12:05 am

As a sieger I don't see a use case for charterstones at all.
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby loftar » Mon Dec 06, 2021 12:27 am

VDZ wrote:Interesting that it's defined per construction rather than per material. Which has me curious: Is the anvil instant stamina bar drain intentional, or is it a similar oversight? (I have no objection against it, in fact I think it's interesting and adds something unique to anvil construction, but it's a completely unique trait.)

Well, it is intended as an additional cost to building something in addition to the material requirements, so the total is the way it made sense to define it, and yes, the anvil is intended to be as it is (doesn't mean it can't be debated, but it was intentional). Technically there might not even have been a reason to change the Charter Stone stamina cost just because we changed the material requirements, but 1000% stamina seemed a tad excessive anyway.

KwonChiMin wrote:So, you just pop up a village for a siege rn, build CS and you can teleport any fighter you want to make siege even more likely successful? Safe altspam without the need to build wilderness beacon for each of them? GJ with implementing back yet another abusive mechanic.

I can't say I've seen those specific siege tactics having been used in previous worlds with any frequency, so I don't think this would do anything to change that.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements