Game Development: Merry Igloo!

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Merry Igloo!

Postby shubla » Tue Dec 21, 2021 12:40 pm

Yea devs have odd thoughts about this "conflict resolution", I think that #1 reason why people don't build palis around everything is that its quite tedious. Not pvp reasons.

What does pvp even provide for average player? The risk of being ko+robbed with high chance of death due to pre existing wounds. Possibly losing your ship, possibly getting raided also and losing everything. Not very nice.

PVP doesnt have to be completely removed. Instant kill/ko as a player interaction should be made more punishing. Siege should be made basically impossible for the attacker.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby WowGain » Tue Dec 21, 2021 3:28 pm

shubla wrote:.

:|
W7 Hermit, Honorary Ruskie
W8 Hermit
W10 Hermit
W12 Hermit
W13 Oppidian, Lawspeaker of Duckshead Bay, Straumfjord
W14 Oppidian, Aldermann of Aldorice Reodcomba, Lord of Eirinsk, Duke of Sasheim
WowGain

Postby telum12 » Tue Dec 21, 2021 3:41 pm

y'know, I'd honestly be hyped for a siege rework if it means you don't need to alarm-clock for days in order to siege, but I feel like Shubla's going to surprise-pikachu-face if it siege becomes an actually interesting, fun mechanic.
MagicManICT wrote:To me, being called a pedo is exactly like being called gay.

Jalpha wrote:She must have been in heat bro. She was literally fanging for it. Literally posting repeatedly in chat, in all caps "DO IT! POST YOUR DICK! THERE'S NO WAY IT'S 7 INCHES!"

How could any hot-blooded male deny such a request under the circumstances.
telum12

Postby Massa » Tue Dec 21, 2021 4:50 pm

shubla wrote:What does pvp even provide for average player?

fun

if you don't enjoy fighting other players/competing with other groups then why are you playing a (once upon a time) permadeath survival MMO with siege mechanics
ImageImage
ass blast USA
Massa

Postby shubla » Tue Dec 21, 2021 6:54 pm

Massa wrote:

fun

if you don't enjoy fighting other players/competing with other groups then why are you playing a (once upon a time) permadeath survival MMO with siege mechanics

There are many things that I don't enjoy, for example, bones in fish. But that still does not mean that I should not eat fish, you see.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
shubla

Postby Trepoon » Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:46 pm

Can you tell/show me how the igloo looks inside?
Thanks in advance :)
Trepoon

Postby Massa » Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:03 pm

shubla wrote:
Massa wrote:

fun

There are many things that I don't enjoy, for example, bones in fish. But that still does not mean that I should not eat fish, you see.

yes but this isn't a farming game it's a permadeath pvp survival game with farming in it

we used to say farmville players ironically but seriously? pvp is the game, the game is 4x more active when the pvp is fine and player interactions with all their silly manbaby politics happen
ImageImage
ass blast USA
Massa

Postby shubla » Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:48 pm

Massa wrote:we used to say farmville players ironically but seriously? pvp is the game, the game is 4x more active when the pvp is fine and player interactions with all their silly manbaby politics happen

Yea there are maybe 10 people who play it for pvp and rest play it for the farmville.
shubla

Postby wolf1000wolf » Tue Dec 21, 2021 11:11 pm

If you PvP diehards listened to the stream you'll find the devs stated that HnH is not meant to be a "pvp game".

PvP is just in the game because they are 100% against in-game moderation and thus have settled on PvP as the alternative (and default) mechanism by which players settle their differences.
wolf1000wolf

Postby telum12 » Tue Dec 21, 2021 11:34 pm

wolf1000wolf wrote:If you PvP diehards listened to the stream you'll find the devs stated that HnH is not meant to be a "pvp game".

PvP is just in the game because they are 100% against in-game moderation and thus have settled on PvP as the alternative (and default) mechanism by which players settle their differences.

Ah yes, a game where you can kill anyone, make thrones out of their skulls, siege and destroy bases, etc., etc... I see your point. Sorry we thought this was a pvp-orientated game. Completely misunderstood!
MagicManICT wrote:To me, being called a pedo is exactly like being called gay.

Jalpha wrote:She must have been in heat bro. She was literally fanging for it. Literally posting repeatedly in chat, in all caps "DO IT! POST YOUR DICK! THERE'S NO WAY IT'S 7 INCHES!"

How could any hot-blooded male deny such a request under the circumstances.
telum12

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements