Game Development: Merry Igloo!

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Merry Igloo!

Postby Massa » Thu Dec 23, 2021 3:04 pm

wonder-ass wrote:this is a pvp game?

once upon a time, when it was alive

and as fast travel was slowly removed, player intractions suffocated and stamped out deliberately, arbitrary limitations imposed, mechanics and constrictions to arbitrate gameplay, the funny player number went down and down and down...
ImageImage
ass blast USA
Massa

Postby VDZ » Thu Dec 23, 2021 6:09 pm

Massa wrote:

and as fast travel was slowly removed, player intractions suffocated and stamped out deliberately, arbitrary limitations imposed, mechanics and constrictions to arbitrate gameplay, the funny player number went down and down and down...

VDZ

Postby shubla » Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:22 pm

I'm sure that devs have, or should have, hard numbers on how many accounts have bought rage. How many accounts have KO'd/killed people. I'd say that this % is not very high.
If you think the game is primarily pvp game you are either trolling or truly retarded, as its not possible to distinguish them.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby telum12 » Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:21 pm

shubla wrote:I'm sure that devs have, or should have, hard numbers on how many accounts have bought rage. How many accounts have KO'd/killed people. I'd say that this % is not very high.
If you think the game is primarily pvp game you are either trolling or truly retarded, as its not possible to distinguish them.

The fact that a sprucecap like you spends so much energy whining about the pvp makes me think pvp might be a p big part of the game…
MagicManICT wrote:To me, being called a pedo is exactly like being called gay.

Jalpha wrote:She must have been in heat bro. She was literally fanging for it. Literally posting repeatedly in chat, in all caps "DO IT! POST YOUR DICK! THERE'S NO WAY IT'S 7 INCHES!"

How could any hot-blooded male deny such a request under the circumstances.
telum12

Postby Teleskop » Fri Dec 24, 2021 3:17 am

VDZ wrote:
Massa wrote:

what does that mean
does w13 suck
how to read this chart
Baldarich wrote:Im writing this just to increase my post count xd

One time i visited Ozzy and i farted and he took a big vacuum cleaner and sucked the fart into a big container with an inhalation mask attached to it and i asked why would he need such thing and he said he likes to smell farts
Teleskop

Postby Pommfritz » Fri Dec 24, 2021 6:13 am

shubla is a feature
Pommfritz

Postby mvgulik » Fri Dec 24, 2021 8:47 am

>how to read this chart.

That every time some small group of players start to spam the forum with "world reset" posts. The player count takes a final nosedive to the zero line.
mvgulik

Postby vatas » Fri Dec 24, 2021 9:17 am

mvgulik wrote:>how to read this chart.

That every time some small group of players start to spam the forum with "world reset" posts. The player count takes a final nosedive to the zero line.

Similar thing happened with a World of Warcraft private server. They had bug at launch that capped the amount of players who could log in at the same time, leading some players to get "unfair 10 hour head-start" (which, if your goal is to get server first 60, is a BIG deal.) People started spamming the Discord, demanding complete server relaunch and I assume were so vocal that not-insignificant people believed it was actually going to happen and didn't bother starting before it, then finally realized they fell for a meme week later and definitely didn't start a week late. Funniest thing about it is that they eventually DID have a ("soft") re-launch but it failed to revive the server. (They took the opportunity after the Server Provider had a literal fire in their data center, they simply disabled all the old characters so the server would simulate a fresh realm until they were re-enabled.)

Point of this post: Even if it's just random people, enough random people posting about the same thing and you'll start believing, or at least doubting, that it's true.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby SinJin » Sat Dec 25, 2021 2:44 pm

vatas wrote:

Point of this post: Even if it's just random people, enough random people posting about the same thing and you'll start believing, or at least doubting, that it's true.

Similar to a plandemic pandemic , yea ?

:shock:
SinJin

Postby MagicManICT » Sat Dec 25, 2021 6:03 pm

Keep it on topic, folks. We have a thread for general discussion of world resets. Keep it there.

SinJin wrote:Similar to a plandemic pandemic , yea ?

We also have a thread for people's consipiracy theories regarding world events in The Inn.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements