Game Development: Rotating Wolfdog

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Rotating Wolfdog

Postby WowGain » Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:46 am

MagicManICT wrote:How many of them are using the updated one--https://www.havenandhearth.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=68754--vs the older one--https://www.havenandhearth.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=62292 ? And a lot of the older ones won't switch until they have to. I don't want to drive away players, as shutting off the old assets likely would. I don't know how much this is complicating adding in anything to the client, but know it is some level of hassle.

Just to note: a lot of people had to quit because their older computer (first-second gen iCore processors) were running Intel graphics that didn't support OpenGL properly.

dude the first client you posted last got updated march of last year, i think its a dead project
W7 Hermit, Honorary Ruskie
W8 Hermit
W10 Hermit
W12 Hermit
W13 Oppidian, Lawspeaker of Duckshead Bay, Straumfjord
W14 Oppidian, Aldermann of Aldorice Reodcomba, Lord of Eirinsk, Duke of Sasheim
WowGain

Postby MagicManICT » Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:47 am

Yeah, I saw that. The old client, according to the forum, hasn't been updated in longer, yet people still using it because someone has been pushing updates to it. I'm not the record keeper for who does and doesn't have the proper links for working clients. All I know is that someone was trying to update the client to be compatible with the new render code. If you have any actual better information, then please, by all means, share it.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby WowGain » Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:45 am

MagicManICT wrote:Yeah, I saw that. The old client, according to the forum, hasn't been updated in longer, yet people still using it because someone has been pushing updates to it. I'm not the record keeper for who does and doesn't have the proper links for working clients. All I know is that someone was trying to update the client to be compatible with the new render code. If you have any actual better information, then please, by all means, share it.

the only branch of the ardclient still being actively worked on by anyone, as far as i am currently aware of, is the old render version
W7 Hermit, Honorary Ruskie
W8 Hermit
W10 Hermit
W12 Hermit
W13 Oppidian, Lawspeaker of Duckshead Bay, Straumfjord
W14 Oppidian, Aldermann of Aldorice Reodcomba, Lord of Eirinsk, Duke of Sasheim
WowGain

Postby Grobble » Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:31 pm

I saw the patch name and thought that they finally added the ability to tame wolves :(
Grobble

Postby Fostik » Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:27 pm

Grobble wrote:I saw the patch name and thought that they finally added the ability to tame wolves :(

ew
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

Postby fallout » Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:59 pm

Im sure many of us were reminded of wolf taming ¦]
fallout

Postby Massa » Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:53 am

more qol
ImageImage
ass blast USA
Massa

Postby Ferinex » Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:38 pm

This update appears to have broken clovering wild animals from horseback
i guess they never miss huh
Ferinex

Postby algam » Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:09 pm

I don't think that clovering animals while horseback worked before the update. I remember I tried doing this a few months ago and it was not working for me.
algam

Postby VDZ » Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:03 pm

algam wrote:I don't think that clovering animals while horseback worked before the update. I remember I tried doing this a few months ago and it was not working for me.

I, too, recall having hitbox issues when trying to clover animals from horseback.
VDZ

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements