Game Development: Raft Notified

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Raft Notified

Postby SnuggleSnail » Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:50 am

I mean, Shubla is blatantly trolling and should be ignored... But client updates are really good, IMO. Not only would I quit this game and never play again if I had to use the current version of vanilla, but I would also refuse to play using current public custom clients.

Client updates + fixing old mechanics is all I really want. The game already has too many systems/contents, IMO
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby vatas » Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:06 am

If you want suggestion on what traditionally custom client thing you want to add next, maybe show all active toggles at buff bar (or on row below it or something if that's cleaner.)

By toggles I mean stuff like Tracking, Swimming, Party Permissions, Criminal Acts. You could also turn them off by right-clicking the buff bar icon. (I've heard some clients somehow jury-rigged this too but it wasn't reliable and possibly even resulted in drowning deaths.)
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby noindyfikator » Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:31 am

loftar wrote:
axus wrote:The detect player notification triggers when moving between buildings / floors.

On the default client? I can't reproduce that at all.

Happens to me as well. When moving fast between world and house, player notification triggers. I think it happens, because on the map I can see myself as "unknown player" for like 0.1 sec.

Last edited by noindyfikator on Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
W3 - W10 - Hermit / small plots with spruces
W11 - The Friend Zone
W12 - KoA aka Kingdom of Ashes
W13 - Monke
W14 - Alpaca Farm aka Animal Planet
W15 - Whatever Bay - The Greatest Siege Defense Victory in Haven History - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhyUveSeZ0Q
noindyfikator

Postby strpk0 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:32 am

vatas wrote:(I've heard some clients somehow jury-rigged this too but it wasn't reliable and possibly even resulted in drowning deaths.)

Its not reliable because the server doesn't tell the client what state those toggles are in, so the best custom clients can do is estimate it. For example "on" when you toggle them the first time, "off" the second, and so on, or some other method of reading the incoming "Swimming is now enabled/disabled" messages. This obviously fails when for example you quickly relog and your character doesn't fully log out, so the toggles stay active yet your client assumes they were all reset during the relog.

This is an example of one of those features that would benefit from being properly implemented into the default client, with proper server-side support for it.
shubla wrote:Not sure whats point of default client features like these though when everybody will still use custom clients. Hope they don't take too much on the development time.
Granger wrote:Fuck off, please go grow yourself some decency.

strpk0

Postby sMartins » Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:52 am

loftar wrote:
axus wrote:The detect player notification triggers when moving between buildings / floors.

On the default client? I can't reproduce that at all.

Can confirm, it's a bit bugged ... Sometimes It triggers by itself Also going around exploring. Maybe it's when I open and close the map. For sure in and out buildings.
I'd hardly call anything the Bible of our times » special thanks to MagicManICT
I only logged in to say this sentence. by neeco » 30 Oct 2018, 02:57
Default Client, Best Client!
sMartins

Postby Phaen » Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:17 am

be the only person inside a house
travel to hearthfire
re-enter the house to see the last bit of the animation of your teleportation
Phaen

Postby Nightdawg » Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:43 am

sMartins wrote:
Nightdawg wrote:- The ability to add our own custom sounds

Already there!

damn, I'm impressed, I actually downloaded the client to see it

god loftar please keep adding dope client features, there's not a single soul not appreciating it when you do this
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby telum12 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:04 am

Phaen wrote:be the only person inside a house
travel to hearthfire
re-enter the house to see the last bit of the animation of your teleportation

If it triggers on that it also triggers basically anywhere you tp, since the animation never plays until someone goes there to see it.
MagicManICT wrote:To me, being called a pedo is exactly like being called gay.

Jalpha wrote:She must have been in heat bro. She was literally fanging for it. Literally posting repeatedly in chat, in all caps "DO IT! POST YOUR DICK! THERE'S NO WAY IT'S 7 INCHES!"

How could any hot-blooded male deny such a request under the circumstances.
telum12

Postby shubla » Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:37 am

loftar wrote:Kin color aside, you can certainly set a notification on player objects.

Notification being played for example when you yourself are loaded is pretty horrible though.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby mvgulik » Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:40 am

Nice

A) It took a while to load the last items. (ie: seeing the "..." blanks slowly shrink in around 1 or 2 minutes. The remaining blanks are local stuff) Nevermind, seems delayed loading of out-of-view stuff.
B) When an item is selected (like adder in images below). The list will jump to get the selected entry in focus ... when you walk/move. Could be useful in some way I guess, but also feels really counter intuitive.

Last edited by mvgulik on Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mvgulik

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements