A Plea for Moderation

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: A Plea for Moderation

Postby dafels » Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:39 pm

shubla wrote:You know the day moderators were found by looking right.

imo the perfect moderator would be who doesn't endulge in obvious shitpost threads to express their worthless opinions on matters and we have such a example of good moderator like sabinati if he's even still moderating the forums.
considering that it is hard to someone who doesn't post but could be moderated in the first place
dafels

Postby jorb » Fri Apr 29, 2022 11:05 am

Pipe down in this thread unless you have something related to OP to discuss.

Split off a bunch off trash and handed out some warnings.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby bumfrog » Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:13 pm

My dude, you removed the post by (apparently) your only active forum mod telling people to can it, as well as the responses which were on-topic. And you left standing a ton of the preceding off-topic replies and their originator, a post by mvgulik from a few pages ago full of passive-aggressive whining that you hel’d his awful bug report thread.

You ok? And to fully tie this back to the original topic, how goes the search for more forum moderators?
bumfrog
Under curfew

Postby CorwinOfAmber » Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:00 pm

bumfrog wrote:My dude, you removed the post by (apparently) your only active forum mod telling people to can it, as well as the responses which were on-topic. And you left standing a ton of the preceding off-topic replies and their originator, a post by mvgulik from a few pages ago full of passive-aggressive whining that you hel’d his awful bug report thread.

You ok? And to fully tie this back to the original topic, how goes the search for more forum moderators?

this. also how are you going to select new mods? because the community is rather outspoken about some of the individuals who have volunteered lately. this place absolutely needs someone to slap the autists around or at least shovel up their manure. we have folks like madnomad AKA madgonad who necro posts that are multiple years old like it's a cry for help and it bogs down trying to find actually ACTIVE threads. things have been spiraling down as we lost mods more and more to the point of lawlessness that we devolved into before you got upset. it's likely going to revert as soon as you get busy with life if there isnt a change made. i can see it now, shitposts as far as the eye can see....
Loftar wrote:
Right, I realized that the other day but apparently forgot it as quickly again. Thanks!

Uephorias wrote:
And the game isn't dead, just on life support indefinitely
CorwinOfAmber

Postby Fostik » Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:43 pm

Why on earth Aleck and Shubla are not mods still?
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

Postby Nightdawg » Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:24 pm

Fostik wrote:Why on earth Aleck and Shubla are not mods still?

can we just get either competent mods or absolute shitposters?

not both

not both...
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby jorb » Sat Apr 30, 2022 11:38 am

bumfrog wrote:My dude, you removed...

I split the thread off at what seemed like the first derail, quite simply. The phpbb interface for post splitting is atrocious, and does not lend itself well to precision.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby VDZ » Sat Apr 30, 2022 4:29 pm

CorwinOfAmber wrote:madnomad AKA madgonad

Is there any evidence that MadNomad is MadGonad? I would imagine that someone wouldn't link such obvious rule-breaking behavior so directly to themselves; it seems much more sensible to me that MadGonad was someone who wanted to parody MadNomad or paint him in a bad light.
VDZ

Postby MadNomad » Sat Apr 30, 2022 4:36 pm

yes, it is true that I might have necrod a bit too many threads and maybe in some of them I said some new thought and somewhere else didn't really add anything, but that account was totally exaggerating what I was doing, I would never do something like this, so it was someone else trying to paint me in bad light

hopefully I will not necro anything more not only because it was reason of my one day ban, but also because I have gone through whole C&I and only picked selectively a few threads I liked the most, out of 400+ pages of C&I it wasn't that much anyway!

moreover, I wanted to say sorry for behaving a little bit weird sometimes, but also say that I am not angry at those who have been mean to me and shittalked me and that they do not have to be angry at me either!

some of my points I have made were good, some were bad, some were a little bit good and a little bit bad, but what happened can't unhappen and life goes on!
MadNomad

Postby pawnchito » Sat Apr 30, 2022 5:09 pm

That account was clearly looking to stir up the pot and troll. I guess the issue is the length of time the dude was able to actively derail stuff. Seems like the need for active modding is needing alot of with a quickness.
pawnchito

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements