Game Development: Sturdy Prayer

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Sturdy Prayer

Postby Tpukco » Mon May 02, 2022 10:21 pm

Axyx wrote:Bwahahaha. That would imply the devs actually WANT more players, WANT more feedback to improve their project and that they WANT more moneys.

I'm playing HnH for over a decade now and don't mind the strategy Jorbtar has chosen. And I definitely don't mind throw money in them as well. The problem is - I don't want to start playing just to know later that wipe will be in a few weeks. That means thet devs couldn't tell the date either cause there is still work to be done.
Tpukco

Postby Kostik_od » Wed May 04, 2022 1:08 am

Now is playing about 50-80 characters. Which mean 30-50 real players max. All of them I'm sure don't donate now. Almost all. About 300-500 people (maybe more) are waiting for the vipe. Now, people, who paying don't want to donate. So what the reason to waiting? New vipe has a more chance to get more new people. Donation will be good for jorbloftars game, no matter what's new engines come to new world... So we will have a good mood for all of us. What we are waiting for? )) I tired to check a forum for a new world. And I'm just a whisper of most of people, who are waiting for it. We can just forget about this game, but we want to play. We want to kill our first troll, to create a big market, or get hi q tree first of other. I don't want to start with unreal difference with other, to be with 10 skills and find 300+q seeds. It will not make me happy and wiil not give me a wish to play a lot and donate in game. Jorb, please, you have no time for new wonderful beds, no problems, just reset it, and look at new world. Play with us and enjoy! ) Hope to reset one time a year, not 2 or 3 ((
Kostik_od

Postby ctopolon4 » Wed May 04, 2022 7:10 am

Kostik_od wrote: no matter what's new engines come to new world

play now if you still dont satiated with weekly hunting for 1 cachalot, or abandoning quests for credo...
or you wanna again be faster than 10 naked alts near rare resource ?
or stuck in bat dungeon? or blocked by 999 bats? have laggin sound & client crash?
how about usual quests for xp&hunger(which gives +1 ¦] ) for wrong season? when you have to wait 30d to complete it... and it always shows as nearest one when you complete another...
love to dock your snekja & jump to water? because its one way to make it safe (and another 99 stuff for +safe -QoL)
nice to see beatiful bridges everywhere, named "1" or "cross"
pretty fun to hunt for stupid animals, who killing himself with bleeding, and wait for you near cave or coast... and this palisades on mountains
i hope for wipe to see reworked game mechanics, to suffer abit less... or abit more
but dont repit same world with same bugs
ctopolon4

Postby Nektaris » Fri May 06, 2022 9:31 am

I really don't understand why the devs are not embracing wipes in general.
If the wipe trend brings back a lot of players, why don't do it more often?
I'm not saying do a wipe every month but at least do it every 3-4 months.
Instead of releasing small weekly patches, release a big one every wipe so that people have a reason to play.
Instead we are stuck with this model where there's a wipe once a year and no meaningful patches in between.
Nektaris

Postby Mashadar » Fri May 06, 2022 12:07 pm

Nektaris wrote:I really don't understand why the devs are not embracing wipes in general.
Instead of releasing small weekly patches, release a big one every wipe so that people have a reason to play.
Instead we are stuck with this model where there's a wipe once a year and no meaningful patches in between.

Who would want a wipe right after they finished building their village or while they're still in progress of building it?
The current model is good, people play for 3-6 months until they quit from burnout, then they have 6+ months of time to heal from the burnout.

Small incremental patches are also better than large patches, since they allow faster responses to problems with game systems. At least in theory.
Mashadar

Postby HappyBuffalo » Fri May 06, 2022 5:00 pm

Mashadar wrote:Who would want a wipe right after they finished building their village or while they're still in progress of building it?
The current model is good, people play for 3-6 months until they quit from burnout, then they have 6+ months of time to heal from the burnout.

Small incremental patches are also better than large patches, since they allow faster responses to problems with game systems. At least in theory.

Agreed. Current model is great. I would not return to the game 3 months after I quit. But 1-2 years. Yes please.
HappyBuffalo

Postby Axyx » Sat May 07, 2022 6:55 pm

Nektaris wrote:I really don't understand why the devs are not embracing wipes in general.

That's not enough time. The roughly annual resets are ideal. 3-4 months, if I were to start in the middle of it, I had best be able to no life balls to the wall that shit, mainline it like heroin, then sure, I could really get some shit in before it resets.

I would also argue that the devs DO embrace the wipes, look at other games that are consistent world mmorpgs with full loot/open pvp etc. Most of them have never had a wipe/reset and are effectively governed internally by the og's who have the most power and gatekeep/noobcamp. Seen it so many times. Was a breath of fresh air to hear that this game does regular wipes and is arguably what keeps the playerbase consistent though Im not 100% on that, I dunno what the population of Legacy Haven is.

The game itself is near perfection, the way it is managed however, is the opposite of that but it is neither my project nor do I really have the knowhow to do it myself but I do not subscribe to that line of thinking that says you have to be able to do a thing better to critique a thing.

Anyway, All those who have the fun now, have that fun, I'm over here in that camp of folks playin other games, waiting for that reset. Then I'll come back, throw devs some of my money and have the fun.
Axyx

Postby Jonos » Sat May 07, 2022 10:01 pm

Yearly wipes are fine, the last 3 years its literally been 13months between wipes and it made sense. The fact there isnt a wipe right now is the most confusing part to me.

Haven and games like it can never survive on stagnent logevity because the game isn't built to retain players due to the concept of always having to catch up. Most people enjoy the start of something and starting fresh, getting better each wipe, learning things etc.

I think the most troubling thing right now is that they are delaying a wipe to work on tree conversations/quests which imo is just an insanely bad choice, theres no real communication of time frames or potential schedule, I also don't see why the wipe cant happen and the tree conversations be patched in at some point over the next year.

If they really see an issue with the current Tree Quest system (which I do believe is flawed) then make a quick change that will time gate people to make it fair, for example just make a max of 3-5 quests per day and gaurantee the reward depending on levels, first tree gives a low reward and tree 5 gives stomache relief for example.

Theres a massive lull right now in game releases which would be perfect to take full advantage but I can already see that this work will be finished right when games like WoW are released WOTLK Classic etc.

Maybe im bias but I don't see much of an argument for not wiping or at least being open and communicating that it won't happen for x amount of time, being transparent would at least provide some credability
Jonos

Postby Otsu » Sun May 08, 2022 1:31 am

This game should've had a dedicated world reset schedule introduced years ago. The world resets are one of the only reasons that everyone plays again. Most people won't know if you reset it or not unless they're staying in the loop and so you shed users frequently. If everyone knew when the reset day would be then you'd have a steady stream of players every year. Quite an oversight, but it can be fixed if you just organize a bit better moving forward.
Otsu

Postby CorwinOfAmber » Sun May 08, 2022 5:56 pm

where did all these alts come from?
Loftar wrote:
Right, I realized that the other day but apparently forgot it as quickly again. Thanks!

Uephorias wrote:
And the game isn't dead, just on life support indefinitely
CorwinOfAmber

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements