Game Development: Grub-Grub

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Grub-Grub

Postby VDZ » Tue May 31, 2022 4:43 pm

noindyfikator wrote:I am sure w14 will bring massive changes with steam release

Honestly if they are working on something big they could at least say they're working on something big, even if they give no other details. We've had a grand total of 6 updates this year[1][2][3][4][5][6] (that is, one patch per 3.5 weeks), all of which were minor, while Legacy has been down for over a week due to an easily-fixable issue (yes, there is a workaround (for those who check the forum) but it should be trivial to fix the cert), the forum is an unmoderated mess (despite people volunteering for mod positions), 3 out of Jorb's 5 most recent posts are simply saying 'no patch this week', Loftar has basically vanished from the forum, and devs have given zero response to the now nearly unanimous call for a world reset.

I want to give the devs the benefit of the doubt, but at this point I just can't anymore. It feels like they've abandoned the game and are working on something else, without saying anything about that and keeping the existing messaging that they're still actively working on Haven up. My sub expired some time ago and I just can't justify renewing it as I'm not seeing any indication the game is being worked on for more than a couple hours every couple weeks. At first I thought maybe there was some crisis in their personal lives the devs were dealing with that prevented them from working on the game, but apparently they're both perfectly fine...so why the lack of activity, devs?
VDZ

Postby Nightdawg » Tue May 31, 2022 7:42 pm

VDZ wrote:but it should be trivial to fix the cert

let me stop you right there

do you even know loftar?
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby DDDsDD999 » Wed Jun 01, 2022 2:01 am

VDZ wrote:Honestly if they are working on something big they could at least say they're working on something big, even if they give no other details perfectly fine

They're working on fixing the game and it's called conversations. Be a little patient, great things take time
DDDsDD999

Postby jordancoles » Wed Jun 01, 2022 3:53 am

Nightdawg wrote:

do you even know loftar?

Loftar be like " I could easily fix it, but I would like to rewrite legacy first because then the fix would be much tidier on the back end that only I see"
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby Axyx » Wed Jun 01, 2022 5:32 am

DDDsDD999 wrote:
VDZ wrote:Honestly if they are working on something big they could at least say they're working on something big, even if they give no other details perfectly fine

They're working on fixing the game and it's called conversations. Be a little patient, great things take time

So what you're sayin' is that the only thing this game needs to be "fixed" is better quest mechanics through tree/rock dialogue systems?
Axyx

Postby SnuggleSnail » Wed Jun 01, 2022 5:49 am

Axyx wrote:So what you're sayin' is that the only thing this game needs to be "fixed" is better quest mechanics through tree/rock dialogue systems?

The high end community unanimously agrees as long as the sex scenes are good enough it'll solve everything
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby Nightdawg » Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:51 am

jordancoles wrote:
Nightdawg wrote:

do you even know loftar?

Loftar be like " I could easily fix it, but I would like to rewrite legacy first because then the fix would be much tidier on the back end that only I see"

Fixed that for you
Have you seen loftar's code? xD
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby noindyfikator » Wed Jun 01, 2022 1:29 pm

VDZ wrote:

Honestly if they are working on something big they could at least say they're working on something big, even if they give no other details. We've had a grand total of 6 updates this year[1][2][3][4][5][6] (that is, one patch per 3.5 weeks), all of which were minor, while Legacy has been down for over a week due to an easily-fixable issue (yes, there is a workaround (for those who check the forum) but it should be trivial to fix the cert), the forum is an unmoderated mess (despite people volunteering for mod positions), 3 out of Jorb's 5 most recent posts are simply saying 'no patch this week', Loftar has basically vanished from the forum, and devs have given zero response to the now nearly unanimous call for a world reset.

I want to give the devs the benefit of the doubt, but at this point I just can't anymore. It feels like they've abandoned the game and are working on something else, without saying anything about that and keeping the existing messaging that they're still actively working on Haven up. My sub expired some time ago and I just can't justify renewing it as I'm not seeing any indication the game is being worked on for more than a couple hours every couple weeks. At first I thought maybe there was some crisis in their personal lives the devs were dealing with that prevented them from working on the game, but apparently they're both perfectly fine...so why the lack of activity, devs?

Maybe Jorb and Loftar were hired by the company which develop Haven 3.0 (everyone know what game it is). It's 1-1 copy with Haven, same ideas = same brains?
W3 - W10 - Hermit / small plots with spruces
W11 - The Friend Zone
W12 - KoA aka Kingdom of Ashes
W13 - Monke
W14 - Alpaca Farm aka Animal Planet
W15 - Whatever Bay - The Greatest Siege Defense Victory in Haven History - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhyUveSeZ0Q
noindyfikator

Postby Ardennesss » Wed Jun 01, 2022 2:15 pm

VDZ wrote:

Welcome to what most people realized years ago. If you watched the early dev streams Jorb actually gave us a peek behind the curtain on how much time they actually spend on haven, spoiler: it's not much.
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Ardennesss

Postby MadNomad » Wed Jun 01, 2022 2:25 pm

there is no need for any patches, the game is mostly complete

there could be some small fixes, such as fixing sieging so it's not so easy, fixing PVP, so you can stand a chance with low stats, fixing speed of ships, etc., but those are very exceptional things and there are not many of those

currently you can just get some garbage weapon, maybe medium quality snekkja or knarr, a few points of UA and a lot of sprucecaps will die to you

enjoy the game as it is or just go do something else

if they add only a new bird it's okay and if they do not add anything it's okay too
MadNomad

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements