Game Development: Grub-Grub

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Grub-Grub

Postby Otsu » Wed May 18, 2022 4:19 pm

It's so nice what Jorb and Loftar have built here. The maintenance that is required to upkeep such a community is unfortunately nowhere to be found. If I could make a small suggestion: Please add a countdown timer to the main page for the next world wipe. Thank you.
Otsu

Postby ChakatStormCloud » Wed May 18, 2022 8:41 pm

Otsu wrote:It's so nice what Jorb and Loftar have built here. The maintenance that is required to upkeep such a community is unfortunately nowhere to be found. If I could make a small suggestion: Please add a countdown timer to the main page for the next world wipe. Thank you.

Please do this, I don't even care if it's perpetually off by over a month in either direction and frequently stops or counts backwards, it'd just be nice to have.

(we could pray to Contus the Count Down god for sooner or later, instead of pestering the two of you every hour of the day.)
ChakatStormCloud

Postby joojoo1975 » Wed May 18, 2022 11:23 pm

Otsu wrote:It's so nice what Jorb and Loftar have built here. The maintenance that is required to upkeep such a community is unfortunately nowhere to be found. If I could make a small suggestion: Please add a countdown timer to the main page for the next world wipe. Thank you.

Would you be willing to pay for such a thing?

If J and L would offer to put up a timer whenever a certain cash amount was reached. . .
To Protect The Helpless From The Heartless
joojoo1975

Postby noindyfikator » Thu May 19, 2022 7:53 am

joojoo1975 wrote:

Would you be willing to pay for such a thing?

If J and L would offer to put up a timer whenever a certain cash amount was reached. . .

Are u stupid? Paying for countdown timer, disgusting. The game is lagging every 20-30s, has lagging sound, crashing in PvP, without proper PvE content (all about cheesing animals), unplayable with default client and dead after 2-3 months so you have to wait another year or more to play it again and we pay for it because of development rate buff (to stay competitive). I think that's more than enough

2/10 troll because I replied
W3 - W10 - Hermit / small plots with spruces
W11 - The Friend Zone
W12 - KoA aka Kingdom of Ashes
W13 - Monke
W14 - Alpaca Farm aka Animal Planet
W15 - Whatever Bay - The Greatest Siege Defense Victory in Haven History - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhyUveSeZ0Q
noindyfikator

Postby joojoo1975 » Fri May 20, 2022 1:36 am

I am not a Troll :D

But What I will say, is there has been Tons of people asking in all round about ways to summon the end of the world.
To Protect The Helpless From The Heartless
joojoo1975

Postby AHONEN » Fri May 20, 2022 3:58 am

I'm also interested in what will happen if all hearthlings cooperate together to the one goal; wiping their world.
Since all worlds are roughly going to go through the same story(and population graphs), maybe it is a good timing to try a short and new way of playing, even it may turn out to be a failure.
AHONEN

Postby ChakatStormCloud » Sat May 21, 2022 8:33 am

AHONEN wrote:I'm also interested in what will happen if all hearthlings cooperate together to the one goal; wiping their world.
Since all worlds are roughly going to go through the same story(and population graphs), maybe it is a good timing to try a short and new way of playing, even it may turn out to be a failure.

What just deliberately go through demoing everything in sight? Chop every tree, raze every village, break every rock? Scorched earth the entire map?
That almost sounds stupid enough to entertaining.
ChakatStormCloud

Postby GaraDasha » Sat May 21, 2022 1:14 pm

AHONEN wrote:I'm also interested in what will happen if all hearthlings cooperate together to the one goal; wiping their world.

If the "Terminator" of the world would have some sort of special ability or something like that (which should be something that gives fun probably so that people would love to be that guy), people would work for the ending to have the ability next world. How to end the world can be something like summoning and fighting with Cthulhu maybe but it should require brain, progress, abilities, maybe a small group but it 100% shouldn't be able to get done with bots. imo ^^
GaraDasha

Postby Axyx » Sat May 21, 2022 9:35 pm

GaraDasha wrote:

If the "Terminator" of the world would have some sort of special ability or something like that (which should be something that gives fun probably so that people would love to be that guy), people would work for the ending to have the ability next world. How to end the world can be something like summoning and fighting with Cthulhu maybe but it should require brain, progress, abilities, maybe a small group but it 100% shouldn't be able to get done with bots. imo ^^

The only way my limited knowledge sees this working in a way that minimizes potential for bot abuse is to make the catalyst time gated, somewhat random and extremely difficult.

So an example would be something like:

After 6 real world months from a world's launch, some powerful being spawns in the underground, super deep, and is extremely powerful. The problem though is ai is dumb and cheesable, but there are some things that can be done to make this particular critter super tough. Once said catalyst creature is killed, that triggers the spawning of a building of some kind. Could be completely random placement or maybe by a Thingwall? I don't know exactly how this part would fit right if at all. That being said, the creature you had to kill drops a body part or something and that needs to be taken to the building which triggers the end of the world. Not outright obviously because there's a shit ton done behind the scenes but, that would maybe alter the world in some way that lets all players know what's going down and also sends some form of alert to Jorbtar that this crazy event has been completed and they need to kick off a new world. Or all that last bit could be automated. All this is just spun from a pretty spiffy idea GaraDasha had.
Axyx

Postby Ganjastyle1 » Sun May 22, 2022 9:59 am

Nice idea m8, how about:
1) megamonster is getting pwned by no-lifer power boi's.
2) being coated in miasma of autism that goes as a freebie voucher with hardcoreness of no-lifer power boi's, they stash the body part to never be recovered by anyone else just to ¦]
3) we get same situation as it is now, only with more effurt.
Ganjastyle1

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements