Game Development: Mulch Embankment

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Mulch Embankment

Postby The_Lich_King » Wed Jul 13, 2022 3:46 am

World 14 when?
Ysh wrote: I think you are jordancoles. You saying this for throwing off of track to make me thinking I am jordancoles.

Onep wrote: If I had to choose between drowning you and savoring every moment as your face desperately gasps for air beneath the brine or saving the planet, I'd choose you everytime.
The_Lich_King

Postby bumfrog » Wed Jul 13, 2022 6:29 am

The_Lich_King wrote:World 14 when?

The Official Haven and Hearth Store wrote: It may sound like something out of the fantastical, but Haven & Hearth was built entirely by two Gnomes in a Tower. The Gnomes are day and night hard at work providing you with this strange and wonderful thing, and would very much appreciate any excess Gold you'd care to throw into their rainbowed pot in exchange, for the toils of gnomish labors are lessened with each dubloon.

Buy the gold sub and hat to support the patch. I’m sure it’ll encourage the gnomes to meet your bare minimum expectations!
bumfrog
Under curfew

Postby wonder-ass » Thu Jul 14, 2022 8:48 pm

DDDsDD999 wrote:
jorb wrote:We've been developing, and here's what's new.
New Implementations
-----------------------
  • Added chore to make your base take longer to raid. Rev up those bots!
  • Added chore to make raiding a base take longer and eat up a million hitpoints.

Good update

pog update
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby maze » Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:07 am

The only problem I see with this is if someone builds two cliffs right next to eachother. add walls to the top of the cliff.
The amount of dirt needed to break the cliff would be something around 27 times (if not more) the amount used to make the single segment.

it's a cool idea, and if it becomes hard to manage because a ram can't get to the walls, then just add a trebuchet to the game :lol:
WARNING! MY ENGISH SUCKS.
game ideas
maze

Postby Agrik » Sat Jul 16, 2022 2:55 am

loftar wrote:Admittedly I'm not sure if this is documented anywhere (I guess it wouldn't surprise me if it isn't, and that should probably be fixed)
Documenting all the game interface would benefit the game massively. I mean, documenting it publicly. The game part that's supposed to be explored by players is a game world, not a game interface. :)

And so that you won't find yourself in the position "I'm not sure if this is documented anywhere" which is not good for any development, I believe. ;)
Agrik

Postby llemonpie » Sat Jul 16, 2022 12:02 pm

Agrik wrote:Documenting all the game interface would benefit the game massively. I mean, documenting it publicly. The game part that's supposed to be explored by players is a game world, not a game interface. :)

And so that you won't find yourself in the position "I'm not sure if this is documented anywhere" which is not good for any development, I believe. ;)

Yes. Proper documentation of the game UI is a must. There was an attempt at it with "Help" section in the game menu, but it was abandoned quickly :evil: .

Even a simple static page listing all keybinds (or at least what actions are possible in what mode), and a guide explaining interface interactions with items, player and world will be good. Not only for a new players, but also for returning and maybe even veterans.

Agrik wrote:The game part that's supposed to be explored by players is a game world, not a game interface.

True. @jorb, @loftar pls fix.
llemonpie

Postby strpk0 » Sun Jul 17, 2022 6:35 pm

unfortunately i'm afraid
Granger wrote:Fuck off, please go grow yourself some decency.

strpk0

Postby Nightdawg » Sun Jul 17, 2022 11:09 pm

hard at work day and night
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby Schattengaenger » Sun Jul 17, 2022 11:13 pm

maze wrote:The only problem I see with this is if someone builds two cliffs right next to eachother. add walls to the top of the cliff.
The amount of dirt needed to break the cliff would be something around 27 times (if not more) the amount used to make the single segment.

it's a cool idea, and if it becomes hard to manage because a ram can't get to the walls, then just add a trebuchet to the game :lol:

considering that the people building the wall have to make that cliff for the entire wall and the attacking team must "only" ramp up to one part of it to break it I don't really see that as an issue yet. And besides, wouldn't it be possible to use a catapult to bring down the wall no matter if it stood on a cliff or not? A genuine question since I don't siege and never have.
Schattengaenger

Postby Nightdawg » Sun Jul 17, 2022 11:23 pm

Schattengaenger wrote:considering that the people building the wall have to make that cliff for the entire wall and the attacking team must "only" ramp up to one part of it to break it I don't really see that as an issue yet. And besides, wouldn't it be possible to use a catapult to bring down the wall no matter if it stood on a cliff or not? A genuine question since I don't siege and never have.

Long story short:
Battering Ram can only smack walls
Archery Tower can shoot sieging engines (BRam, Catapult)
Catapult can only shoot Catapults and Archery Towers( I think? maybe BRams too? Idk I don't live in a basement)

In regards to sieging I mean. Catapults can smack knarrs too afaik (tho I remember they said it was BRams that should be able to do that, but they aren't)
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements