Game Development: Mulch Embankment

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Mulch Embankment

Postby SnuggleSnail » Sun Jul 17, 2022 11:30 pm

Nightdawg wrote:In regards to sieging I mean. Catapults can smack knarrs too afaik (tho I remember they said it was BRams that should be able to do that, but they aren't)

It's been a while since I tested it, but there's some difference between snekkjas/knarrs/docked/undocked
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby NoBizd » Mon Jul 18, 2022 2:28 am

SnuggleSnail wrote:
Nightdawg wrote:In regards to sieging I mean. Catapults can smack knarrs too afaik (tho I remember they said it was BRams that should be able to do that, but they aren't)

It's been a while since I tested it, but there's some difference between snekkjas/knarrs/docked/undocked

Not much changed tbh. There are still tons of loop holes in terms of fucking up knars and snekkjas in specific scenarios. (≧▽≦)
NoBizd

Postby WowGain » Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:14 am

Baba_Ji wrote:Make it work reliably with survey, or it doesn't work. In a week this will be forgotten knowledge. You need to make these things work intuitively with current systems.
W7 Hermit, Honorary Ruskie
W8 Hermit
W10 Hermit
W12 Hermit
W13 Oppidian, Lawspeaker of Duckshead Bay, Straumfjord
W14 Oppidian, Aldermann of Aldorice Reodcomba, Lord of Eirinsk, Duke of Sasheim
WowGain

Postby Massa » Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:39 pm

We fucking pay you guys a not insignificant sum.

Can you do the bare minimum and communicate when we can at least hope to see a wipe or something?
ImageImage
ass blast USA
Massa

Postby Nightdawg » Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:30 pm

I HAVE THIS URGE TO BUY 2 YEARLY GOLD SUBS, IF ONLY I HAD A REASON TO DO IT, LIKE A WORLD WIPE

or something

just do it loftar, you were always my favorite
I'll wire it to you directly so you don't have to share it, jorb will never know.
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby maze » Tue Jul 19, 2022 3:41 pm

I don't think a wipe would do us any good atm. I Feel like an echo box but major systems need to change inorder for a wipe.
And we're much do for a world with complete new system rules then what we currently have.
Haven and Hearth use to do big world rule changes every other year, and we'd figure out how to break it down the road.
Hopefully we can do that again (cough community progression change solo progression cough)
WARNING! MY ENGISH SUCKS.
game ideas
maze

Postby bumfrog » Tue Jul 19, 2022 5:52 pm

maze wrote:I don't think a wipe would do us any good atm. I Feel like an echo box but major systems need to change inorder for a wipe.
And we're much do for a world with complete new system rules then what we currently have.
Haven and Hearth use to do big world rule changes every other year, and we'd figure out how to break it down the road.
Hopefully we can do that again (cough community progression change solo progression cough)

I don’t disagree (that sweeping changes are needed; I of course disagree with whatever sweeping changes you would propose) but that’s a lot to ask. Let’s do a little thought experiment:

Which do you think is more likely to happen within the next decade: the game actually gets balanced/fixed, or a wipe?

Balancing such a convoluted mess off a game sounds like a lot of work :cry:, and a new world might be cool! Devs might do well to apply the concept of “Killing your Darlings” to their game dev approach.
bumfrog
Under curfew

Postby wonder-ass » Tue Jul 19, 2022 7:21 pm

Dont care about sweeping changes just give me a wipe im bored.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby Fostik » Tue Jul 19, 2022 7:45 pm

yea
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

Postby dagrimreefah » Thu Jul 21, 2022 4:01 am

lotsa bitching in this thread from people who haven't developed a single thing in their entire lives
dagrimreefah

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements