Prelude: World 14

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Prelude: World 14

Postby The_Blode » Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:50 pm

fedor77 wrote:You want the new player to be able to stand up against someone who dedicated himself to the game, which, to put it simple, makes nobody want to dedicate themselves to the game.

--

no matter how you decided to balance this game, i wouldnt give two shits to PVP.

It's kinda weird to imply PvP is the ONLY driving factor towards long term play, and then following it up with that statement. Why would building a aesthetic encampment be hindered by my fights having a greater chance of being fair?
The_Blode

Postby vosmihui » Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:04 pm

SnuggleSnail wrote:
vosmihui wrote:Why then do we need to remove hunger from the game, and not salt?
We need to remove hunger rewards from quests and salt nodes, and hunger will be a problem for everyone.
The problem is not hunger, but the ability to increase it, those who produce a huge amount of food get an advantage.
We just need to remove any ways to increase hunger from the game.

> everybody who doesn't eat the exact optional thing all of the time can go fuck themselves

Do you rly want eating 99% of foods to be actively griefing yourself

I just propose to remove from the game all unnatural ways to roll back hunger and satiety.
First of all from quests.
Thus, it seems to me that the maximum limit of absorption of food will decrease, due to faster addiction. And those who gain huge stats will have to wait just like the owners of a small farm, as addiction will very quickly make all food ineffective.
vosmihui

Postby kaysaari » Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:05 pm

RIP 13, see y'all in a few hours
kaysaari

Postby Vladeus » Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:17 pm

Omg, we'll be making sprucecaps and nettle pants very soon.
Vladeus

Postby kirion » Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:23 pm

Soon, very soon... we'll be able to settle in the middle of swamps once again!
kirion

Postby Vigilance » Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:26 pm

kirion wrote:Soon, very soon... we'll be able to settle in the middle of swamps once again!

it'd be weird if someone posted a thread about that
"Tosak gets the guys undressed faster than their girlfriends can." -NaoWhut
http://i.imgur.com/5cQiL.png http://i.imgur.com/lYyAA.png
Vigilance

Postby purpazo » Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:26 pm

Its sprucecap Time!
purpazo

Postby Xoatl » Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:33 pm

berthedin wrote:
Xoatl wrote:
wonder-ass wrote:the hunger changes could work but it simply cant rn due to the fact that we have ways to lower back down to 300%. remove any form of hunger reduction (salt/questing) and it could work.
hunger was intended to work as a catch up mechanic why not make it an actual catch up mechanic by not allowing us to lower it?

This. Trying to reduce hunger is a chore in a game already filled with chores. Plus trying to teach this weird math puzzle alongside all the other more important math puzzles is nearly impossible. Casuals and new players don't even bother. Typically they struggle with FEPs and recipes enough as is. Or I'm just a bad teacher. Teaching someone that being starving is good is retarded and makes me embarrassed for playing this game.

Hulex wrote:"CHARACTER & COMBAT
Related to this I would add:
1. If you stay too long at the last level of hunger (e.g. 300% modifier) there is a chance that you will die permanently.
With the possibility of death by not eating, inactive characters are also eliminated.
2. At this level, your statistics are halved, for example, you move slower, you are not as efficient.
You have 100% statistics when you are well fed, namely 0% hunger bonus.
3. Add something similar to the study desk to eat just so you don't die.
"Eat a sousage every 24h"

Having some disincentive for staying at low hunger sounds good too. That food desk might be called a pantry? Also doing this might give an incentive to make highly satiating food for the pantry. Especially depending on how the death by starvation mechanic works. Also if an inactive dies from starvation PLEASE make it so his body appears in game with all the goodies still on it. That might be the coolest part of a change like this more so than solving or addressing the hunger question.

I see you know nothing about the game, have you ever got 100 stats?
Removing any hunger reduction from the game could possibly stop that huge gain of stats but still it wouldn't change gap between noobs and tryhards, there would be 2 types of people, first one eating all the shit and staying at 33% which would be effective with botting food or the other ones eating at 250-300% eating only poggers food...

Punishing people for not playing or taking a break from the game, yeah the best idea to get rid of playerbase even faster +1
Anyone giving the idea about affecting the movement speed should be permanently banned from the game, it just triggers me when people without any knowledge write their ideas on forum, try combat first then talk please, because you get through PvE content in a month.

Getting ~200 stats is pretty easy and I've played for awhile. Never said reduce movement speed either so you're bitching at me for zero reason. I speak to my own experience. When Im inactive im not planning to play anymore on that world and wouldnt mind giving explorers a little boost with my skull and gear if they manage to get into my base. But it doesnt really address hunger which I already said. "Taking a break" without avoiding death is easily solved by the pantry idea. Maybe reply to the right people next time not sure what your problem is.
Xoatl

Postby jorb » Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:56 pm

All systems are go. We will be taking the store down for a rework.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby The_Blode » Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:04 pm

jorb wrote:All systems are go. We will be taking the store down for a rework.

Looking forward to it, I've been spouting off about buying a hat for.. *checks notes*.. over 5 years
The_Blode

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements