Prelude: World 14

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Prelude: World 14

Postby VDZ » Sun Aug 07, 2022 1:26 am

ZantetsukenX wrote:I've asked for this before. But could we possible get bigger containers than a cabinet? Maybe something that has to be built inside a building and can't be moved once it's built. One of the bigger killers of motivation for playing for me each league is "storage management" where it just becomes a giant hassle to sort everything into it's various cabinets and stockpiles. It'd be nice to having an even bigger option available to somewhat relieve that.

Alternatively, maybe just turn the storage shed into a 16x8 storage container instead of just being for vehicles. Just something bigger than 8x8.

I made a C&I thread about this exact subject a while back.
VDZ

Postby berthedin » Sun Aug 07, 2022 1:46 pm

My eyes are bleeding when I read ideas about combat changes, I'm pretty sure those people never took part in any fights... Movement speed changes while wearing heavy armor XD
About the current changes of salt and 300% hunger, well I don't really think it gonna change anything, just make hardcore players burnout way faster than before... In this world it was already a problem when fighters were focusing only on their selves, making food all day, hunting, questing, gathering salt, doing credos and making curious... They weren't really playing the game, most of content were skipped because of lack of time for other stuff like mining, farming or doing dungeons and shit. And those changes are not going to make people work less on their characters, it just gonna slow down people a little bit, but they will spend even more time on getting stats and you push people to spam quests to reduce hunger level which is pointless...
I have already proposed my idea about stats change few times and I will do that once again... Weekly growing up stat cap would be the best for all kind of players, spruce hats, medium experienced and hardcore ones.. let's say at the start of the world there is 500 stats cap, which gonna grow every week for 50 points, so people that spend much time on this game can do other stuff than grinding stats and people that can't play that much would be able to catch up to the hardcore players anytime... (random numbers) In that scenario even your changes on hunger and salt and wouldn't hurt at all.
Idk why people are trying to force developers to change combat mechanics, pvp is fun and balanced (at least it was, dunno now with those sword changes and shield up+parry)...
I personally vote for bringing back Perma death, but I'm aware many players are against it, which is understandable but there are changes which help you recovery way faster than before.

Hopefully this world we gonna last longer than a month.(doubt that with current changes)
Atikin:
whats wrong with me, is that i just wanted a couple of fucking days of peace, but nah your stupid polish ass has to go and fuck it up by ko'ing ppl on the NK realm and casusing more issues and drama.
berthedin

Postby noindyfikator » Sun Aug 07, 2022 3:12 pm

Weekly stats cap would be really awesome (hunger won't work as expected until there is possibility to lower it via quest or salt). Rat race makes people burn out really fast
W3 - W10 - Hermit / small plots with spruces
W11 - The Friend Zone
W12 - KoA aka Kingdom of Ashes
W13 - Monke
W14 - Alpaca Farm aka Animal Planet
W15 - Whatever Bay - The Greatest Siege Defense Victory in Haven History - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhyUveSeZ0Q
noindyfikator

Postby Hadehariast » Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:12 pm

jorb wrote:[*] Nerfed Salt such that it works similarly to the pre-W14 hunger-level scaling: its efficacy decreases on more powerful hunger levels with the square of their power.

Perhaps it would be better to remove the hunger reduction properties of salt altogether, and make the buff more reflective of what salt does in RL. I have two ideas along those lines:

1) Make salt increase the decay rate of satiations, as a timed buff. Call this the Pringles "once you pop, you can't stop" approach to eating salty foods.
2) Make salt reduce the satiation of all drinks by a reasonable amount.
Hadehariast

Postby SnuggleSnail » Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:23 pm

75% of the people who play this game: I hate questing
also 75% of the people who play this game: Hunger is a problem for some reason. Make questing mandatory so we can have two problems
also 75% of the people who play this game: *quits*
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby vatas » Sun Aug 07, 2022 7:38 pm

Maybe:

1. Remove hunger reduction from quests completely.

2. Change LP rewards into quest boulder/tree specific curio, with variable yield like cavedust or bee that stung.

Second one is much less important I guess, not sure if people actually spam-quest even in early game to get LP.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby Massa » Sun Aug 07, 2022 7:43 pm

berthedin wrote:They weren't really playing the game, most of content were skipped because of lack of time for other stuff like mining, farming or doing dungeons and shit.

???????? that is the game
ImageImage
ass blast USA
Massa

Postby Fostik » Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:33 pm

vatas wrote:

This will be yet another exit mechanic.
Can't eat effectively anymore -> log off until hunger reduce-> becoming less entertained by the game, playing less -> not logging one day at all
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

Postby noindyfikator » Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:43 pm

Fostik wrote:
vatas wrote:

This will be yet another exit mechanic.
Can't eat effectively anymore -> log off until hunger reduce-> becoming less entertained by the game, playing less -> not logging one day at all

Can't eat effectively anymore -> help in village instead of mindless grinding stats
W3 - W10 - Hermit / small plots with spruces
W11 - The Friend Zone
W12 - KoA aka Kingdom of Ashes
W13 - Monke
W14 - Alpaca Farm aka Animal Planet
W15 - Whatever Bay - The Greatest Siege Defense Victory in Haven History - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhyUveSeZ0Q
noindyfikator

Postby The_Lich_King » Sun Aug 07, 2022 10:19 pm

noindyfikator wrote:Weekly stats cap would be really awesome (hunger won't work as expected until there is possibility to lower it via quest or salt). Rat race makes people burn out really fast

Weekly stat cap means anyone who quit for a week would become one week behind without any possibility of catching up. It means that people who quit would never come back, and some people would fall behind without any method of ever catching up. It might stop people from quitting a world as quick but it GARANTEES, they will never come back till next world.
Ysh wrote: I think you are jordancoles. You saying this for throwing off of track to make me thinking I am jordancoles.

Onep wrote: If I had to choose between drowning you and savoring every moment as your face desperately gasps for air beneath the brine or saving the planet, I'd choose you everytime.
The_Lich_King

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements