Prelude: World 14

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Prelude: World 14

Postby redscarfdemon » Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:59 pm

pawnchito wrote:Hi. So the changes to realm don't really address the issue with realms. We like the buffs alot and want to keep them especially as they become more significant later in game. The issue is the lack of control by the local populace to affect their realm status. There have been several ways that have been suggested such as allowing non members to spread in some fashion.

xzo wrote:I believe it was already suggested that players should be able to opt out of a realm or decide not to support it and to be rewarded if they do want to support

J&L you could mix it with you siege ideas, for instance realms would have siege shield that can protect villages if they are oathed to the realm, villages could either opt in for protection or opt out to rebel against the realm they dont like to be part off, but opting out would put them at risk in some way, maybe opted out villagers should leave scents visible for opted in, and same thing the other way, that could be a cool twist to provoke enforcing submission by force or trade

I really hope this gets considered. It makes a lot of sense to allow vclaims to build totems/statues to their leader/altars to the norns that give their realm leaders more points to work with, or more bonuses or something like that. It connects people in a kingdom and makes vclaims have purpose.
redscarfdemon

Postby PhantomoftheWolves » Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:50 pm

so what happens when w14 drops?

this will be my first time playing at the start of a new world so i need some info about what will happen on Friday
PhantomoftheWolves

Postby Exerosp » Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:03 am

PhantomoftheWolves wrote:so what happens when w14 drops?

this will be my first time playing at the start of a new world so i need some info about what will happen on Friday

I might be misremembering but expect a few crashes. Your claim is fresh bait and people love to bash them, learn how to surround a claim with alts. Everyone will be naked and spawn around randomly, though Jorbtar might make us spawn on one continent again, I forget what they set out to do.
Exerosp

Postby PhantomoftheWolves » Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:28 am

Exerosp wrote:

I might be misremembering but expect a few crashes. Your claim is fresh bait and people love to bash them, learn how to surround a claim with alts. Everyone will be naked and spawn around randomly, though Jorbtar might make us spawn on one continent again, I forget what they set out to do.

i expected everyone will be without any gear at the start

i wonder if i can team up with someone more experienced; i still have a lot to learn
PhantomoftheWolves

Postby DonVelD » Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:50 am

PhantomoftheWolves wrote:i expected everyone will be without any gear at the start

That's true, everything will be erased, characters, map, villages etc. Basically you have to start over.
It's the best time to find a group you can play with & it's the time I enjoy the most of the whole game.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
DonVelD

Postby VDZ » Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:43 am

Be warned that while people are unlikely to punch you in the face on day 1 (and significantly less likely than usual in the entire first week), people will be far more hostile than usual in more passive ways. For example, don't be surprised if someone walks up to your crates and steals everything that might be useful while you're standing right there, because people know you don't have the LP to buy Rage and punch them in the face for it.
VDZ

Postby TwentyThree » Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:59 am

PhantomoftheWolves wrote:
Exerosp wrote:

i expected everyone will be without any gear at the start

i wonder if i can team up with someone more experienced; i still have a lot to learn

Put everything important in your https://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Leanto, it can hold 2 crates, on your personal claim. Until the claim is active, anything "very" important should be kept on your person. Until you have palisades, you should put everything important to you on your person when you log out. Hide your drying racks and tanning tubs inside a cave thats also claimed, or only has ONE entry to the cave system. You dont want to look like a good target for early smash and grabs by bashing fences.
TwentyThree

Postby PhantomoftheWolves » Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:34 am

TwentyThree wrote:
Put everything important in your https://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Leanto, it can hold 2 crates, on your personal claim. Until the claim is active, anything "very" important should be kept on your person. Until you have palisades, you should put everything important to you on your person when you log out. Hide your drying racks and tanning tubs inside a cave thats also claimed, or only has ONE entry to the cave system. You dont want to look like a good target for early smash and grabs by bashing fences.

i joined Whatever Bay so this is good for the first 3-4 days until the VC for the town is built
PhantomoftheWolves

Postby cb111 » Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:36 pm

Exerosp wrote:

You would need 8 alts surrounding your claim pole, otherwise someone could just shove one of them out of the way, correct? (with only 4)
That's is pretty unrealistic for most players. If your going to attempt it though, might be a good idea to put a fence around to keep aggressive animals from walking up or from people luring them up to you. Then again someone could just destroy the fence. I see no good way around this.

XXX
XPX
XXX
cb111

Postby noindyfikator » Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:29 pm

@Jorbtar

are there any changes after all those comments?
W3 - W10 - Hermit / small plots with spruces
W11 - The Friend Zone
W12 - KoA aka Kingdom of Ashes
W13 - Monke
W14 - Alpaca Farm aka Animal Planet
W15 - Whatever Bay - The Greatest Siege Defense Victory in Haven History - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhyUveSeZ0Q
noindyfikator

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements