Prelude: World 14

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Prelude: World 14

Postby Pickard » Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:00 pm

You literally nerfed 300% to someting aroung 260% :D
We had first 100 hunger with 300%, now we have first 100 dropping from 300% to 223%, so ~261% average.

Edit: well, this is incorrect because drop is non linear, so nerf should be even worse
Last edited by Pickard on Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
w15 Trust me bro w14 Arcanum w13 Arcanum w12 Action w11 Willowroot w10 Dis w9 Hive w8 Core w7 H.A.W.X/Progress w6 Dis/Disneyland w5 Peace/Late Project
Pickard

Postby TwentyThree » Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:04 pm

GamingRAM wrote:
jorb wrote:Thanks for all the input. We had a long discussion about hunger, recognizing your concerns about having to grind all day erry day to maintain 300% Food Efficacy and came up with this instead of what we originally had suggested in OP:

• Reworked hunger
    • There is now only one tierless hunger meter, rather than one with seven distinct tiers. The new meter holds 1000 units of hunger, wheras the old meter tiers combined held 700. The hunger values on food dishes will thus be presented as ‰, rather than %.
    • Rate of Decay of the hunger meter, and Food Efficacy (FEP% bonus), is determined by where on the continuum of the meter you currently are, rather than by tier.
    • Hunger decays by the cube of the current effect level, rather than the square of it.
    • Maximum Food Efficacy is x3, and minimum is x1/3, a FEP bonus span from 300% to 33.333...%.
    • By removing the discrete tiers, since every piece of food eaten will now slow you down to some extent with no "freebies", we believe it will become a more nuanced question what the optimal hunger level is, hopefully abolishing the psychology of feeling that one has to always operate at the 300% level.

Significantly more elegant imho, and a change I am very happy with, but feel free to opine. Updating OP.

To clarify does this mean eating something will cut down the 300% multiplier by percentage? Say eating something at the full 300% would drop it down to say, 297%?

That is the RAW, yeah.
TwentyThree

Postby Procne » Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:07 pm

Pickard wrote:You literally nerfed 300% to someting aroung 260% :D
We had first 100 hunger with 300%, now we have first 100 dropping from 300% to 223%, so ~261% average.

Yeah, but on top of that salt no longer reduces hunger by a flat amount, and hunger decay is much slower on lower levels. With 100 hunger will be decaying 125x (and so will salt be 125x less effective) slower than if you were at 500, rather than "only" 25x.
Assuming at 500 you have 166% efficacy, and at 100 you have 274% - you would gain less than twice the amount of FEPs, but your hunger would decay so much slower.

I am thinking it might be a too drastic change if I'm right about the numbers. Guess we'll have to see
Procne

Postby GamingRAM » Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:18 pm

To me it seems like we're just going to have to be a little more careful on what we eat, since every bite will cut the % down.

I think I'd prefer this slighty over the current system. We already do math and the like for what we munch on with things like satiation and symbels. But for someone like me who doesn't really engage in PvP, it's hardly an issue.

I can see this being a bit annoying in the early world however, where we are all still eating blueberries and rats on sticks.
World 12: Quit at some point.
World 11: Community Fair Worker
World 10: Co-Founder of the Northern Kingdom, Resident of Emerald City, Founder and Mayor of the Hole of Glory, RamZ's Art Emporium at CF, Member of the CFL Rams.
World 9: Founder of SnoopVille, Resident of Emerald City
World 7: Hermit and Neighbor to a dead Korean
GamingRAM

Postby jock2 » Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:23 pm

The hunger system having 300% is honestly fine IF you consider it a method to catch up after not eating for a few days by being away or whatever.

It should fill more hunger at lower levels to compensate for the increase fep not just be better/more FEP for free

So 300% feps and 300% hunger gained so 2% becomes 6%

Hunger should ALSO have bonuses for being full

faster energy regen, faster passive healing, slower stamina drain and at the peak a small combat bonus like 10% reduced opening taken for being stuffed as fuck. (Gotta be thick)

Salt should be a per-use thing on individual pieces of food that half the hunger cost on it and can only be applied once. no more quick lowering of hunger, slow and steady.

Players should average at 0% hunger area and not be constantly sitting and eating at 300%

This is the sort of direction hunger needs to go, simplify it and don't add crazy maths or eating cycles or other crazy shit that will be irrelevant when people can just lower hunger and ignore most of the system.
jock2

Postby abt79 » Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:28 pm

GamingRAM wrote:I can see this being a bit annoying in the early world however, where we are all still eating blueberries and rats on sticks.

speak for yourself :lol:
abt79

Postby LaserSaysPew » Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:32 pm

jorb wrote:Thanks for all the input. We had a long discussion about hunger, recognizing your concerns about having to grind all day erry day to maintain 300% Food Efficacy and came up with this instead of what we originally had suggested in OP:

• Reworked hunger
    • There is now only one tierless hunger meter, rather than one with seven distinct tiers. The new meter holds 1000 units of hunger, wheras the old meter tiers combined held 700. The hunger values on food dishes will thus be presented as ‰, rather than %.
    • Rate of Decay of the hunger meter, and Food Efficacy (FEP% bonus), is determined by where on the continuum of the meter you currently are, rather than by tier.
    • Hunger decays by the cube of the current effect level, rather than the square of it.
    • Maximum Food Efficacy is x3, and minimum is x1/3, a FEP bonus span from 300% to 33.333...%.
    • By removing the discrete tiers, since every piece of food eaten will now slow you down to some extent with no "freebies", we believe it will become a more nuanced question what the optimal hunger level is, hopefully abolishing the psychology of feeling that one has to always operate at the 300% level.

Significantly more elegant imho, and a change I am very happy with, but feel free to opine. Updating OP.

I could be wrong, but somehow it feels exactly like satiations. Leading to exactly the same problem of eating every X hours by the clock to maximize the output.
With the old system people ate some food at 300% and then went to reset those 300% by questing/salt. Your solution to that is making it more tedious to maintain 300%?
Okay, in reality, people will forget about 300% and aim at, let's say, 250%. 300-250 - they eat, then they go questing to lower it back to 300 to eat again.
So you could just turn 300% tier into 250%(or less, don't know exact numbers) and have the same outcome.
You went the more convoluted route with an extra "feelsbad" step on top of it. Now it also has "if I eat this one the next one will give me less feps" aspect.
LaserSaysPew

Postby kirion » Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:41 pm

Are we going to get a timelapse of the realm borders, or a full (possibly hi-res) map?
kirion

Postby GamingRAM » Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:41 pm

All spawn on same continent please like w12.
World 12: Quit at some point.
World 11: Community Fair Worker
World 10: Co-Founder of the Northern Kingdom, Resident of Emerald City, Founder and Mayor of the Hole of Glory, RamZ's Art Emporium at CF, Member of the CFL Rams.
World 9: Founder of SnoopVille, Resident of Emerald City
World 7: Hermit and Neighbor to a dead Korean
GamingRAM

Postby Zentetsuken » Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:49 pm

disable all claims for last 1.5 days?
Zentetsuken

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements