Prelude: World 14

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Prelude: World 14

Postby The_Lich_King » Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:23 pm

I am so fucking excited!! This is starting just before my last semester of University, so its gonna be sick getting a new world to use for homework procrastination for my last semester!
Ysh wrote: I think you are jordancoles. You saying this for throwing off of track to make me thinking I am jordancoles.

Onep wrote: If I had to choose between drowning you and savoring every moment as your face desperately gasps for air beneath the brine or saving the planet, I'd choose you everytime.
The_Lich_King

Postby Oddity » Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:24 pm

looking forward to mystery features 8-)
jadamkaz wrote:ah i remember my run in with odditown they are good ppl im sure the only reason they killed ME is because they are troll hunters and i was a troll
Oddity

Postby shubla » Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:24 pm

Massa wrote:lysm jorb

i do believe a 3 day soak or 48 hour one would be an extremely wise change, 5 days was quite, quite heavy handed

This will only make siege even more impossible for people who do not want to use bots or for people who play casually, making it permanently available for only the worst nolife powerplayers.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Apocoreo » Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:30 pm

jorb wrote:SIEGE & REALMS
--------------
  • Added "Siege Boost" to claims.
    • For each level of a new ancestral worship spell cast on a claim, the claim gains one point of "Siege Boost".
    • Siege Boost acts as a multiplier on the amount of time a Siege Engine needs to effectively attack targets on the claim, where each point is an additional x0.5. E.g. a battering ram would need to wait 36h, rather than 24h, to attack a claim with one extra point of "Siege Boost".
    • The first five points of "Siege Boost" are permanent, and remain forever once added. The latter five points are transient, and decay away over a few days.
    • In summary: You can boost the siege defense of any claim, causing it to require up to 5x longer drying times on siege engines before it can be attacked.
    • Aiming to make siege of an established base significantly more difficult.
  • Significantly reduced the effect of most realm buffs by factors varying from ~6 to ~2.5, aiming to reduce the necessity of a well managed realm.
    • Backwater: Decreased max effects from 24% to 6%.
    • Center of Learning: Decreased max effects from 15% to 6%
    • Fecund Earth: Decreased max effects from 30% to 6%
    • Founding Mythos: Decreased max effects from 30% to 15%
    • Gamekeeping: Decreased max effects from 45% to 15%
    • Heraldic Swan: Decreased max effects from 225% to 150%
    • Land of Milk & Honey: Decreased max effects from 15% to 6%
    • Local Cuisine: Decreased max effects from 15% to 4.5%
    • Marriage of the Sea: Decreased fish quality bonus from 45% to 15%. The speed bonus effect to ships now applies to all ships while actually in the Realm, rather than always to ships built in the Realm. Ships in the realm now travel (up to) 24% faster, quite simply.
    • Mountain Tradition: Decreased max effects from 15% to 3%
    • Myth of the Bull: Decreased max effects from 30% to 6%. (Update text: Specific animals -> Livestock)
    • Woodland Realm: Decreased tree/bush growth speed bonus from 15% to 3%. Decreased quality bonus to forest animals and forage from 7.5% and 15% to 6% flat.

So big cities can just spend Numen or experience and be unseigeable for as long they can keep botting points? Cool math games by seatribe
i like game grumps

#1 Moloch acolyte
Apocoreo

Postby abt79 » Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:31 pm

HYPE

Added "Siege Boost" to claims.
  • for each level of a new ancestral worship spell cast on a claim, the claim gains one point of "Siege Boost".
  • Siege Boost acts as a multiplier on the amount of time a Siege Engine needs to effectively attack targets on the claim, where each point is an additional x0.5. E.g. a battering ram would need to wait 36h, rather than 24h, to attack a claim with one extra point of "Siege Boost".
  • The first five points of "Siege Boost" are permanent, and remain forever once added. The latter five points are transient, and decay away over a few days.
  • In summary: You can boost the siege defense of any claim, causing it to require up to 5x longer drying times on siege engines before it can be attacked.

so players will have to buy ancestral worship, collect numen and do ancestral prayers to afford their claims even a modicum of safety? neat!
abt79

Postby shubla » Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:31 pm

Apocoreo wrote:
So big cities can just spend Numen or experience and be unseigeable for as long they can keep botting points? Cool math games by seatribe

Yeah a better way to fix siege is just to buff archery towers such that you can prevent sieges by them. (Increase damage, range and rate of fire)
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Apocoreo » Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:33 pm

shubla wrote:
Apocoreo wrote:

Yeah a better way to fix siege is just to buff archery towers such that you can prevent sieges by them. (Increase damage, range and rate of fire)

I mean you can already and I have, but i'm down for boosting range so it isn't some RNG bs
i like game grumps

#1 Moloch acolyte
Apocoreo

Postby Clemins » Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:38 pm

LLLLLLEEEEEEEETTTTTSSSSSS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Clemins

Postby The_Lich_King » Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:42 pm

Apocoreo wrote:
jorb wrote:SIEGE & REALMS
--------------
  • Added "Siege Boost" to claims.
    • For each level of a new ancestral worship spell cast on a claim, the claim gains one point of "Siege Boost".
  • Significantly reduced the effect of most realm buffs by factors varying from ~6 to ~2.5, aiming to reduce the necessity of a well managed realm.
    • Backwater: Decreased max effects from 24% to 6%.
    • Center of Learning: Decreased max effects from 15% to 6%
    • Fecund Earth: Decreased max effects from 30% to 6%
    • Founding Mythos: Decreased max effects from 30% to 15%
    • Gamekeeping: Decreased max effects from 45% to 15%
    • Heraldic Swan: Decreased max effects from 225% to 150%
    • Land of Milk & Honey: Decreased max effects from 15% to 6%
    • Local Cuisine: Decreased max effects from 15% to 4.5%
    • Marriage of the Sea: Decreased fish quality bonus from 45% to 15%. The speed bonus effect to ships now applies to all ships while actually in the Realm, rather than always to ships built in the Realm. Ships in the realm now travel (up to) 24% faster, quite simply.
    • Mountain Tradition: Decreased max effects from 15% to 3%
    • Myth of the Bull: Decreased max effects from 30% to 6%. (Update text: Specific animals -> Livestock)
    • Woodland Realm: Decreased tree/bush growth speed bonus from 15% to 3%. Decreased quality bonus to forest animals and forage from 7.5% and 15% to 6% flat.

Here come the butthurt pvpers that just wanna destroy things.
Ysh wrote: I think you are jordancoles. You saying this for throwing off of track to make me thinking I am jordancoles.

Onep wrote: If I had to choose between drowning you and savoring every moment as your face desperately gasps for air beneath the brine or saving the planet, I'd choose you everytime.
The_Lich_King

Postby The_Lich_King » Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:43 pm

shubla wrote:
Apocoreo wrote:

+1 instead of making sieges longer, make defenses better. Makes for better gameplay during sieges.

The_Lich_King

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements