Prelude: World 14

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Prelude: World 14

Postby kirion » Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:50 pm

Shit, how will i play WoW:WotLK and this at the same time? Time to clone myself I guess :D
kirion

Postby VDZ » Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:51 pm

Very hyped for world 14!

jorb wrote:
  • Made it so that Hunger now decays by the cube root of the effect level, rather than the square of it, causing the more powerful levels (e.g. 300% modifier) to decay significantly slower, and the lower levels of effect (e.g. 50% modifier) to decay correspondingly faster. Aiming to push functional hunger levels away from guaranteed 300%.
  • Nerfed Salt such that it works similarly to the pre-W14 hunger-level scaling: its efficacy decreases on more powerful hunger levels with the square of their power.

This seems pointless (and arguably only makes things worse) if characters still start at 300% and questing can reduce hunger. The problem isn't people returning to 300% from 100% (rather, it doesn't happen which is part of the problem), it's that people start at 300% and stay at 300%, and as as I extensively explained in my C&I post about the matter it becomes exponentially more difficult to get back to 300%/200% after dropping out of those levels.

If you start at 300% and it becomes even harder to passively return to there, the best play is to restart your character after building up to recover your 300% and work from there. This is extremely counterintuitive and un-larpy.

jorb wrote:
  • Added "Siege Boost" to claims.
    • For each level of a new ancestral worship spell cast on a claim, the claim gains one point of "Siege Boost".
    • Siege Boost acts as a multiplier on the amount of time a Siege Engine needs to effectively attack targets on the claim, where each point is an additional x0.5. E.g. a battering ram would need to wait 36h, rather than 24h, to attack a claim with one extra point of "Siege Boost".
    • The first five points of "Siege Boost" are permanent, and remain forever once added. The latter five points are transient, and decay away over a few days.
    • In summary: You can boost the siege defense of any claim, causing it to require up to 5x longer drying times on siege engines before it can be attacked.
    • Aiming to make siege of an established base significantly more difficult.

Sounds more like a 'fortification boost'? 'Siege boost' sounds like it would boost your siege, i.e. the attempt to break into a fortified area.
VDZ

Postby trezisc » Fri Jul 29, 2022 9:14 pm

Needs more nerfs because there might still be some people interested in playing :roll:
trezisc

Postby The_Lich_King » Fri Jul 29, 2022 9:31 pm

VDZ wrote:Very hyped for world 14!

jorb wrote:
  • Made it so that Hunger now decays by the cube root of the effect level, rather than the square of it, causing the more powerful levels (e.g. 300% modifier) to decay significantly slower, and the lower levels of effect (e.g. 50% modifier) to decay correspondingly faster. Aiming to push functional hunger levels away from guaranteed 300%.
  • Nerfed Salt such that it works similarly to the pre-W14 hunger-level scaling: its efficacy decreases on more powerful hunger levels with the square of their power.

This seems pointless (and arguably only makes things worse) if characters still start at 300% and questing can reduce hunger. The problem isn't people returning to 300% from 100% (rather, it doesn't happen which is part of the problem), it's that people start at 300% and stay at 300%, and as as I extensively explained in my C&I post about the matter it becomes exponentially more difficult to get back to 300%/200% after dropping out of those levels.

If you start at 300% and it becomes even harder to passively return to there, the best play is to restart your character after building up to recover your 300% and work from there. This is extremely counterintuitive and un-larpy.

jorb wrote:
  • Added "Siege Boost" to claims.
    • For each level of a new ancestral worship spell cast on a claim, the claim gains one point of "Siege Boost".
    • Siege Boost acts as a multiplier on the amount of time a Siege Engine needs to effectively attack targets on the claim, where each point is an additional x0.5. E.g. a battering ram would need to wait 36h, rather than 24h, to attack a claim with one extra point of "Siege Boost".
    • The first five points of "Siege Boost" are permanent, and remain forever once added. The latter five points are transient, and decay away over a few days.
    • In summary: You can boost the siege defense of any claim, causing it to require up to 5x longer drying times on siege engines before it can be attacked.
    • Aiming to make siege of an established base significantly more difficult.

Sounds more like a 'fortification boost'? 'Siege boost' sounds like it would boost your siege, i.e. the attempt to break into a fortified area.

I agree, although this will see *some* change. Since hunger decay increases at higher levels it won't be AS cancer to get back to 300%, but you are right that this doesn't actually address the issue that most people never leave 300%... at Least salt will be less effective at 300% making it mildly harder to stay there. Making tables and bonfires also become less useful the greater your hunger level would make it harder to stay at 300% and i think if we modified tables and bonfires the way salt is going to be, then we might see it finally become impossible to stay at 300% and see other hunger levels enter the game.
Ysh wrote: I think you are jordancoles. You saying this for throwing off of track to make me thinking I am jordancoles.

Onep wrote: If I had to choose between drowning you and savoring every moment as your face desperately gasps for air beneath the brine or saving the planet, I'd choose you everytime.
The_Lich_King

Postby Oddity » Fri Jul 29, 2022 9:44 pm

You should make a world-boss dragon that requires a full raid team of like 40 highly geared/statted players to slay it :twisted:
jadamkaz wrote:ah i remember my run in with odditown they are good ppl im sure the only reason they killed ME is because they are troll hunters and i was a troll
Oddity

Postby kirion » Fri Jul 29, 2022 9:57 pm

Will we get the final map + a timelapse like at the end of the previous world?
kirion

Postby VDZ » Fri Jul 29, 2022 9:58 pm

The_Lich_King wrote:Since hunger decay increases at higher levels it won't be AS cancer to get back to 300%

You misunderstand.
jorb wrote:causing the more powerful levels (e.g. 300% modifier) to decay significantly slower, and the lower levels of effect (e.g. 50% modifier) to decay correspondingly faster.

It will be MORE cancer to get back to 300%. 50% to 100% will be faster, 100% to 150% will be the same, 150% to 200% and 200% to 300% will be WAY slower.
VDZ

Postby MrBunzy » Fri Jul 29, 2022 10:05 pm

If you are reverting industry spiraling, bring back old potters clay too, that was dank.
(once and futue king btw)
MrBunzy

Postby ChildhoodObesity » Fri Jul 29, 2022 10:07 pm

I like the sound of everything but the hunger change I think. I can't imagine feasting outside of 300%, it seems incredibly inefficient. In reality people are just going to either quest to get lower, or eat a ton of salt. The problem with salt is that it's usually all collected up by the major factions who are just going to level their stats significantly higher than the average person. You also get less hunger if you eat a food that is highly satiated so that will likely be even more common than before because it's probably more beneficial than dropping out of 300%.

I am under the impression that you guys prefer when there's a wide selection of foods to eat but this system doesn't really favor that at all.
ChildhoodObesity

Postby jorb » Fri Jul 29, 2022 10:08 pm

Check out the eye of sauron stream at: https://twitch.tv/dolda2000
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements