Prelude: World 14

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Prelude: World 14

Postby Ozzy123 » Fri Jul 29, 2022 11:11 pm

Yeah, I think the hunger situation after those changes are gonna be the worst ever, people are gonna complain about it definitely, they just don't know it yet.
epicbuds wrote:just got this game a bad review on my website and will post on every forum and game page i can think of to tell people to stay away from this site this game is a joke

viruseg wrote:Kill all new players for no reason. Polish scum came running and killed me with a crowd. Suck fuck fucks..
Ozzy123

Postby shubla » Fri Jul 29, 2022 11:28 pm

Siege changes prob my fault sorry for ruining jorbs image of siege.
Also this was the peak of my hnh career its only downhill now.
Last edited by shubla on Fri Jul 29, 2022 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Miss_Min » Fri Jul 29, 2022 11:29 pm

Audiosmurf wrote:
ZantetsukenX wrote:Can we get some way of dealing with midges? Like maybe a butterfly net that lets you catch them or something to that effect. It's kind of annoying that currently the only options dealing with a midge in your base is either let it bite you until it's satisfied, or go hide somewhere until it despawns 15+ minutes later.

Make midges avoid you when you have the soapy status on an infected wound.

Make it so that midges avoid you if you are actively smoking tobacco.

Make a herb garland (worn as a necklace) that repels midges (and possibly gives a cha debuff because you smell funny).

Make a hat with a veil (make two hats! one with a wool veil that gives a per debuff, and one with a silk veil that doesn't!).

FUCK MIDGIES.

... A butterfly net existing as an equippable item like a wicker picker that also extends your range for catching other insecty things would be very cool, though. A swarm of little bastard midgies trapped in it would probably take up more than one space but would be SO WORTH IT. The question then becomes what to DO with the midges; let them be removable and therefore usable as a torture device, let them be UNremovable and destroy your butterfly net, or somewhere in between?
Miss_Min

Postby Winnfield » Fri Jul 29, 2022 11:33 pm

Moonpoppy wrote:
Ozzy123 wrote:About the hunger system:

People are still only gonna eat at 300% hunger, it's just gonna be more tedious and annoying to get there but it will still be better to quest for hunger reduction rewards than to eat at 200% and ruin your hunger further, instead of making it easier for people to have competetive stats it's just gonna be more difficult and "titans" are gonna be even more of titans than they used to be. Instead of reducing the gap between titans and casuals, this change only makes it bigger.

And about movement speed penalties on armor that was mentioned on the stream:

The armor you're wearing can't affect your movement speed, it would be very bad for pvp because:

1. People would use naked alts to run in front of armored enemies and body block them
2. It wouldn't matter that you have more armor, if multiple enemies can stay on top of you and use opportunity knocks to keep you at 100% opennings you're dead, movement speed is the top 1 most important stat in combat period

But yeah, the hunger change is really bad and it's gonna screw the casual people over, please re-think this..

I kinda think most people (apart from the person who mentioned it) were meme'ing about armor weight. I mean i hope so thats pretty dumb.

The hunger situation is also really bad. You're making quests and salt even more important regardless of the nerf to salt.

Plus your basically more incentivized to kill your character once you got a decent symbel setup / food store and inherit, to reset your hunger bar (Which I know some do anyway but now it feels like it would be dumb not to)

Dont think trying to push people away from 300% is the play because theres already ways to stay in 300% that they havent yet removed/thought about, removing one thing but keeping the rest just encourages more of the thing you havent yet removed to stay in 300% which is basically tree quests/reset/salt (Since it still works)

And none of those things make for good gameplay imo, salt just distances the gap between veteran and newbie (and Ive personally watched cause inhouse drama), tree quests are tree quests (anyone who says they enjoy these are lying), and reseting your character is just a chore and should never be an incentive for a player to progress
Last edited by Winnfield on Sat Jul 30, 2022 12:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
Winnfield

Postby springyb » Fri Jul 29, 2022 11:36 pm

Awww yissss. I was starting to miss the Hearthlands.
springyb

Postby Moonpoppy » Fri Jul 29, 2022 11:38 pm

Winnfield wrote:
Moonpoppy wrote:
Ozzy123 wrote:About the hunger system:

People are still only gonna eat at 300% hunger, it's just gonna be more tedious and annoying to get there but it will still be better to quest for hunger reduction rewards than to eat at 200% and ruin your hunger further, instead of making it easier for people to have competetive stats it's just gonna be more difficult and "titans" are gonna be even more of titans than they used to be. Instead of reducing the gap between titans and casuals, this change only makes it bigger.

And about movement speed penalties on armor that was mentioned on the stream:

The armor you're wearing can't affect your movement speed, it would be very bad for pvp because:

1. People would use naked alts to run in front of armored enemies and body block them
2. It wouldn't matter that you have more armor, if multiple enemies can stay on top of you and use opportunity knocks to keep you at 100% opennings you're dead, movement speed is the top 1 most important stat in combat period

But yeah, the hunger change is really bad and it's gonna screw the casual people over, please re-think this..

I kinda think most people (apart from the person who mentioned it) were meme'ing about armor weight. I mean i hope so thats pretty dumb.

The hunger situation is also really bad. You're making quests and salt even more important regardless of the nerf to salt.

Plus your basically more incentivized to kill your character once you got a decent symbel setup / food store and inherit, to reset your hunger bar (Which I know most do anyway but now it feels like it would be dumb not to now)

Dont think trying to push people away from 300% is the play because theres already ways to stay in 300% that they havent yet removed/thought about, removing one thing but keeping the rest just encourages more of the thing you havent yet removed to stay in 300% which is basically tree quests/reset/salt (Since it still works)

And none of those things make for good gameplay imo, salt just distances the gap between veteran and newbie (and Ive personally watched cause inhouse drama), tree quests are tree quests (anyone who says they enjoy these are lying), and reseting your character is just a chore and should never be an incentive for a player to progress

Exactly... game just became quest simulator.
Moonpoppy

Postby Teleskop » Fri Jul 29, 2022 11:52 pm

yyyes its time to play the game
Baldarich wrote:Im writing this just to increase my post count xd

One time i visited Ozzy and i farted and he took a big vacuum cleaner and sucked the fart into a big container with an inhalation mask attached to it and i asked why would he need such thing and he said he likes to smell farts
Teleskop

Postby The_Lich_King » Sat Jul 30, 2022 12:31 am

VDZ wrote:
The_Lich_King wrote:Since hunger decay increases at higher levels it won't be AS cancer to get back to 300%

You misunderstand.
jorb wrote:causing the more powerful levels (e.g. 300% modifier) to decay significantly slower, and the lower levels of effect (e.g. 50% modifier) to decay correspondingly faster.

It will be MORE cancer to get back to 300%. 50% to 100% will be faster, 100% to 150% will be the same, 150% to 200% and 200% to 300% will be WAY slower.

.............. Why wouldn't they just make it so you decay slower in 300% than rn, slightly faster in 200% significantly faster in 100% and way faster in 50%...... why on fucking earth would they think "It takes roughly, about the same time it takes for an empire to rise and fall, for hunger to reduce from 200% to 300%... we should make that slower."

Yeah i agree, now you basically can't leave 300% hunger or you are so fucked, which is wierdly, the exact problem they are trying to fight.
Last edited by The_Lich_King on Sat Jul 30, 2022 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ysh wrote: I think you are jordancoles. You saying this for throwing off of track to make me thinking I am jordancoles.

Onep wrote: If I had to choose between drowning you and savoring every moment as your face desperately gasps for air beneath the brine or saving the planet, I'd choose you everytime.
The_Lich_King

Postby The_Lich_King » Sat Jul 30, 2022 12:33 am

wonder-ass wrote:the hunger changes could work but it simply cant rn due to the fact that we have ways to lower back down to 300%. remove any form of hunger reduction (salt/questing) and it could work.
hunger was intended to work as a catch up mechanic why not make it an actual catch up mechanic by not allowing us to lower it?

+1

but removing Salt and Questing isn't enough. At this point Tables and Bonfires reduce the amount of hunger you get so substantially that if you remove salt and questing hunger reductions, people will instead just eat less. They will still get giant and become titans due to their 90%+ hunger reduction from table just not as quickly as before. We need tables to also scale with hunger so they become less effective at 300%. This would truly make it impossible to stay there.
Ysh wrote: I think you are jordancoles. You saying this for throwing off of track to make me thinking I am jordancoles.

Onep wrote: If I had to choose between drowning you and savoring every moment as your face desperately gasps for air beneath the brine or saving the planet, I'd choose you everytime.
The_Lich_King

Postby Jakpat » Sat Jul 30, 2022 1:13 am

Start with 100% hunger level and cap salt/quest hunger reduction to 150% level or make hunger level 300% give you some kind of debuff for example reduced energy recovery
Jakpat

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements