Game Development: World 14

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: World 14

Postby DDDsDD999 » Thu May 25, 2023 3:06 am

kabuto202 wrote:the game would probably far more enjoyable with Valheim/Conan/Rust style private servers.

True, farmvillers would love that.

Even those who prefer to group PvP more would probably have a lot more fun, on smaller sized maps, with designated siege times, with higher resource yields. So they can spend more time actively fighting other groups who enjoy PvP rather than rolling some rando sprucecap hermit who made the mistake of plopping a leanto within 10 map tiles of them.

Not true, haven's pvp system is pretty boring, it's only the results that people care about.
DDDsDD999

Postby kabuto202 » Thu May 25, 2023 4:34 am

I'm not going to speak for other people, but I just in the last page there were two people who are known for pvp stuff either implying or directly lamenting the infrequency of actual pvp, which is fairly consistent with what I recall of this discourse over the last few years so I think it's a bit disingenuous to claim it's untrue.
kabuto202

Postby SnuggleSnail » Thu May 25, 2023 7:17 am

It doesn't matter so much that it's rare, as long as it's impactful. Not saying it should be as brutal as possible, but the worst thing that could POSSIBLY happen RN is getting @ed on discord with 12 joy emojis.

"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby ZoddAlmighty » Fri May 26, 2023 11:11 am

lewislauren210 wrote:Hi
World 14 is a fantastic game, no doubt about it. But I have to admit, the lack of a multiplayer mode is a bit disappointing. I would love to team up with friends and explore the vast world together. It would add a whole new layer of excitement and social interaction. Maybe the developers could consider adding multiplayer functionality in future updates.

Even this bot knows whats up.
ZoddAlmighty

Postby trinh » Fri Jun 23, 2023 11:37 pm

Eh... running out of blood to spill?
Farmville fraction representant.
trinh

Postby vatas » Sat Jun 24, 2023 8:35 am

Likely PvP experience in Haven for a new player:

You go to the martial arts gym as complete novice. They instantly throw you into MMA cage fight against reigning champion. You complain that you were beaten bloody, you are told "why did you come to a martial arts gym if you didn't want to get hit at all?"

That is, if the player is even aware that this game has PvP on it.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby kabuto202 » Wed Jun 28, 2023 1:58 am

vatas wrote:Likely PvP experience in Haven for a new player:

You go to the martial arts gym as complete novice. They instantly throw you into MMA cage fight against reigning champion. You complain that you were beaten bloody, you are told "why did you come to a martial arts gym if you didn't want to get hit at all?"

That is, if the player is even aware that this game has PvP on it.

This seems pretty spot on.

It reminds me of the whole thing in early FGC arcades a new player would sit down at a cabinet to try and play some arcade mode to get a feeling for the game, when all of a sudden they hear 'A NEW CHALLENGER HAS APPEARED!'. Look over at the other side of arcade cabinet and see some fedora wearing basement dweeling monstrosity which spends its entire existence at the arcade spreading cheeto dust on the controls that then proceeds to 2-0 perfect them and just drops a "get good scrub" before launching into what can only be described as a hybrid asthmatic wheeze and porcine laughter.

But I wouldn't dare accuse any prominent members of the HnH community of supporting the current state of PvP just so they can have some clueless newbies to push around so they can feel a momentary feeling of control in a life so otherwise cruelly handicapped.
kabuto202

Postby fulma » Wed Jun 28, 2023 2:57 am

Looking at how the game development goes i'm actually surprised there's no "kill heartling on sight" button after you get to a certain threshold of stats...
fulma

Postby Nightdawg » Wed Jun 28, 2023 4:52 am

fulma wrote:

Looking at how the game development goes i'm actually surprised there's no "kill heartling on sight" button after you get to a certain threshold of stats...

Because even with 2.000.000 strength and a quality 250.000 steel battleaxe, a weapon that is as large as a hearthling, you are not able to kill a hearthling that has 10 constitution.
Oh but if you swim you die btw.
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby wonder-ass » Sun Jul 02, 2023 9:58 pm

opinions on what would make this game good vary to such an extreme that i dont think jorb could ever satisfy more than 20% of the player base with any change.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements