Game Development: Camping Shovel

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Camping Shovel

Postby stchristopher » Sat Aug 20, 2022 9:14 am

One more thing to consider changing mine pyres is the strength cap aswell. Personally cant make a minehole in my current setup due to lack of strength, which I didnt consider an issue until I just found out that there's no hard metal on cave, from this forum post.

Whilst I do like the part where you keep all information away and letting people find stuff out on their own, these kind of things are pretty frustrating.

Cya in 2 weeks when I got 100 strength to even be able to set my pyre on fire, since I can't even place it.
stchristopher

Postby Mashadar » Sat Aug 20, 2022 9:41 am

stchristopher wrote:Cya in 2 weeks when I got 100 strength to even be able to set my pyre on fire, since I can't even place it.

Yeah, that is dumb. 7 days is plenty of time to get enough strength, but the fact that you need to have it in advance hinders progress for no good reason for hermits and less experienced players.
The warning can still be displayed, but obviously your strength shouldn't have any impact on whether or not you can place some fucking pyre.
Mashadar

Postby stchristopher » Sat Aug 20, 2022 9:43 am

Mashadar wrote:
stchristopher wrote:Cya in 2 weeks when I got 100 strength to even be able to set my pyre on fire, since I can't even place it.

Yeah, that is dumb. 7 days is plenty of time to get enough strength, but the fact that you need to have it in advance hinders progress for no good reason for hermits and less experienced players.
The warning can still be displayed, but obviously your strength shouldn't have any impact on whether or not you can place some fucking pyre.

2 weeks for people with kids, jobs or just other stuff to do besides playing Haven all day.
stchristopher

Postby fallout » Sat Aug 20, 2022 2:31 pm

Just change it so it'll tell you its too hard for your character but not prevent you from building it :ugeek:
fallout

Postby vatas » Sun Oct 09, 2022 5:44 pm

Now this is what I'd imagine "primitive tent" to look like:
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Previous

Return to Announcements