Game Development: Camping Shovel

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Camping Shovel

Postby jorb » Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:43 pm

• Nerfed "Shield Up" Block Weight from base 250% to base 200%.

Will revert this gem next restart. Removed from OP.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby The_Lich_King » Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:46 pm

Zentetsuken wrote:
HasseKebab wrote:> Nerfed "Shield Up" Block Weight from base 250% to base 200%.

Why? Melee already has the worst moveset in the game and its only redeeming quality is its manuvers, which are now shit. at 250% shield up is comparable with oak stance and now you made oak stance just permamently better since you still have good attacks with UA.

what redeeming qualities does MC now have left, super high cooldown attacks that completely cripple you for the duration. Short cooldown attacks which open nothing and only feed opponents bloodlust stance so they can open 40 on you with kito.

MC needs a compensation buff somewhere else if you're just going to take away the only reedeming quality from it tbh

stop stressing out about chopping people with your weapons and relax by a pyre for a few days, friend

Zentusken has rejected mine life and has now become the hearth buddha. Listen to sage advice
Ysh wrote: I think you are jordancoles. You saying this for throwing off of track to make me thinking I am jordancoles.

Onep wrote: If I had to choose between drowning you and savoring every moment as your face desperately gasps for air beneath the brine or saving the planet, I'd choose you everytime.
The_Lich_King

Postby noindyfikator » Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:46 pm

jorb wrote:
  • Nerfed "Shield Up" Block Weight from base 250% to base 200%.

Will revert this gem next restart. Removed from OP.

U guys are the best xD Can't wait for the next patch and new features! Please really consider mine pyre change
Last edited by noindyfikator on Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
W3 - W10 - Hermit / small plots with spruces
W11 - The Friend Zone
W12 - KoA aka Kingdom of Ashes
W13 - Monke
W14 - Alpaca Farm aka Animal Planet
W15 - Whatever Bay - The Greatest Siege Defense Victory in Haven History - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhyUveSeZ0Q
noindyfikator

Postby The_Lich_King » Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:47 pm

loftar wrote:Devs once again confirmed for sprucecaps.

These spruce devs got me snortin. Can we please rename to Sprucetar?
Ysh wrote: I think you are jordancoles. You saying this for throwing off of track to make me thinking I am jordancoles.

Onep wrote: If I had to choose between drowning you and savoring every moment as your face desperately gasps for air beneath the brine or saving the planet, I'd choose you everytime.
The_Lich_King

Postby Audiosmurf » Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:58 pm

More tool tiers is good, tents are extremely cute, add a carob recipe
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Postby Tamalak » Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:12 pm

The fishing changes are insane. Filet hunger 3->1 and spitroast hunger 1.5->0.5 ... were pros not using fish at all?
Tamalak

Postby VDZ » Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:24 pm

Tents seem interesting, though I'm not yet at the point where I can use them.

ChildhoodObesity wrote:such a terrible exaggeration tbh, 7 days is ridiculously long. even a hermit can get the wax in 7 days with extreme ease.

You do realize hermits have a bazillion other things to do, right? We can't spend hours trudging swamps when we need to get an entire base up and start most industries all by ourselves. Mineholes have always been a massive pain to make and I'm sad they're now required to get any hard metal (with further things like glassmaking and sausage making also locked behind hard metal).

Undefined wrote:anvil requires hard metal, how do I know this?

I think this is the worst part. You do not get any feedback whatsoever when you try to put tin into an anvil mold (which you can build long before you have the required resources for an anvil). Its lack of response implies you're interacting with it wrong, rather than the interaction being right but the requirements not being met (wrong material).

It would be nice to see the actual crafting requirements in the crafting menu as well, not just the mold requirements.

Undefined wrote:I'm also blissfully unaware the casts need to be built next to a lit smelter until I build one that isn't and get a system message telling me.

Fortunately you can lift them and put them next to your Stack Furnace. (Which is not referred to as a 'smelter' in-game while in the community 'smelter' tends to refer to the Ore Smelter which you're not yet capable of building by that point.)
VDZ

Postby jordancoles » Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:26 pm

Can't wait to use that shovel in 24 hours
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby Tammer » Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:44 pm

Undefined wrote:This metalworking casting system really needs better tooltips/in-game information...
So tinker's throwing axe needs 2 soft metal, how do I know this?
Tinker's shovel needs 3 soft metal, how do I know this?
anvil requires hard metal, how do I know this?

The only thing I'm ever shown is what resources I need to make the cast.

I'm also blissfully unaware the casts need to be built next to a lit smelter until I build one that isn't and get a system message telling me.

Thanks for the hints. Since I didn't have a recipe for that metal pouring ladle that you see in the w14 teaser picture, I figured I needed hard metal. So I was prospecting all over looking for something other than lead. Got it now, but maybe a metal working tutorial would help some other sprucecaps.
Tammer

Postby ChildhoodObesity » Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:54 pm

VDZ wrote:You do realize hermits have a bazillion other things to do, right? We can't spend hours trudging swamps when we need to get an entire base up and start most industries all by ourselves. Mineholes have always been a massive pain to make and I'm sad they're now required to get any hard metal (with further things like glassmaking and sausage making also locked behind hard metal).

I've played for a long time, I know what it's like to play as a hermit xd. It's obviously harder than playing in a large group, that doesn't mean the game should be balanced around how fast a hermit is able to progress. A hermit who knows what they're doing in the current industry system can progress incredibly fast anyways though. I think it's more about people being inefficient or not know what to do that holds them back. You really exaggerate the amount of work that needs to be done as a hermit, one thing to consider about factions is the difference in scale. Factions are setting up industry to support a lot of people, not a singular player. Any hermit can build their tarkilns/dryingframes/tanning tubs/mine pyres in a similar amount of time and when you're waiting on all that to finish there's a ton of time to do things like collect candleberries.

Anyways this change is worse for hermits still. Many will just have their leather stolen preventing them from building palisades on time and their mine pyre's bashed setting them back way farther than people in factions who know what they're doing or have the people to protect their setup. Honestly if my mine pyre was at 6 days and I've been eagerly waiting for it the whole time and some guy came and bashed it and I had to wait another 7 days I would probably spend a lot less time playing the game during the next 7 days.
ChildhoodObesity

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements