Game Development: Camping Shovel

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Camping Shovel

Postby Massa » Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:47 am

jorb wrote:[*] You can now inspect "Mine Pyre"s to determine how much time they have left to burn. Their timer is currently 7 RL days. I've seen some discussion on this already, but welcome more of it.

Enjoy!

Why? What was this a solution to? The extended early game is a bit fun but this completely slams the brakes on the whole game and was insanely excessive. Global or just... Don't? Once we're past this hump can we go back to normality lmao
Last edited by Massa on Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
ass blast USA
Massa

Postby mamotromico » Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:52 am

Am I missing something? I thought the pyre was to make it easier to dig mineholes. Is it completely required? If it is optional I don't understand the issue. If it is required then yeah, each layer should have a global timer.
mamotromico

Postby Massa » Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:54 am

mamotromico wrote:Am I missing something? I thought the pyre was to make it easier to dig mineholes. Is it completely required? If it is optional I don't understand the issue. If it is required then yeah, each layer should have a global timer.

You cannot descend without waiting 7 days for each level you want to descend, provided the fire is not bashed. That is an extremely long time.

A global timer, however, now that's a very good idea.
ImageImage
ass blast USA
Massa

Postby Massa » Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:59 am

Oh yeah and since I'm bitching up a storm, the actual content (shovel, inspection, meme tent, strings and just nice things) added with this patch was very lovely and helpful. More cool stuff like that. Please consider a global pool on the fire. :pray:
ImageImage
ass blast USA
Massa

Postby Stealthkibbler » Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:01 am

Hello Jorb, Please consider making the Pyres either on a shared global timer that all burn out around the same time with staggered time, or make it so that for every pyre that finishes burning all other pyres and future timers for that mine level have their timer reduces down to a minimum of 24 hours, The pyres might help keep many people in game due to tech progression delay but for latejoiners it causes a lot of harm to player retention and punishes people for not rushing causing an inverse effect where it is now more punishing to those who do not rush. Thank you and have a good day.
Last edited by Stealthkibbler on Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stealthkibbler

Postby mamotromico » Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:02 am

Massa wrote:
mamotromico wrote:Am I missing something? I thought the pyre was to make it easier to dig mineholes. Is it completely required? If it is optional I don't understand the issue. If it is required then yeah, each layer should have a global timer.

You cannot descend without waiting 7 days for each level you want to descend, provided the fire is not bashed. That is an extremely long time.

A global timer, however, now that's a very good idea.

Shit then yeah, I had not understood at all then. I agree with the pushback on this. Globally it can be nice since it will stagger progression, and if they operate on weekly timers less intense players can somewhat catch up a bit on the weekends and not be as behind as they usually would be.
mamotromico

Postby Tubby_Squirrel » Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:13 am

Added a stockpile for "Reeds".

- I was really thinking about suggesting this.
Tubby_Squirrel

Postby TNTlife » Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:21 am

loftar wrote:Devs once again confirmed for sprucecaps.

Maybe you should take a hint and try to play the game you have been working on for over a decade, or try to understand the level of play your competitive playerbase preforms at (Unless that this game isnt supposed to be competitive in the ways it's become. At that point, you should make it clear what you are trying to achieve.)
W11: Hermit
W12: Hermit turned villager of Avalon
W13: Hunter of Norsca
W14: Chef of ???
TNTlife

Postby Potjeh » Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:22 am

Opening mine levels should be global, but rather than basing it on timer I think it should be a big project a faction can undertake. Probably something involving localized resources to maybe get some PvP around resources. But yeah, once they collect these resources to open up the next level everyone should be able to just plop down a minehole like it used to be. To give incentive to factions to be the first maybe it should start like one or two weeks timer and only open the level to everyone after that, but in that case a rival faction should still be able to build the expensive minehole before the timer is up if they really want to keep up.
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby Nightdawg » Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:33 am

loftar wrote:
bmjclark wrote:You can only ever have 1 point in each maneuver...? Am I missing something here? Did you add the ability to get more?

Right, I had actually forgotten about that. We got reports that Shield Up felt OP now, and I just assumed that was because people had put more points into it. Hm.

loftar wrote:Devs once again confirmed for sprucecaps.

We tried to figure out what you guys meant when you said you "fixed" shield up for like 4 days.
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements