Game Development: Camping Shovel

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Camping Shovel

Postby DDDsDD999 » Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:34 pm

jorb wrote:[*] You can now inspect "Mine Pyre"s to determine how much time they have left to burn. Their timer is currently 7 RL days. I've seen some discussion on this already, but welcome more of it.

This should've just been a global timer for each level, after which each mine pyre is like an hour. Having each mine pyre be 7 days is ridiculous, getting one bashed or starting late is such an insane setback. You guys really implemented this badly.

Edit: Also if you didn't know to place one of these IMMEDIATELY you just get fucked. Like, who uses sand early? We lucked into finding this recipe fairly early on, I shudder to think of the people that didn't place one the first day.
Last edited by DDDsDD999 on Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DDDsDD999

Postby ChildhoodObesity » Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:34 pm

What about late world for nabs getting into the game or anyone late world who decides they want to move? Do they also have to wait like 63 days to hit L9? This sounds horrible xd
ChildhoodObesity

Postby NeoBasilisk » Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:36 pm

ChildhoodObesity wrote:
jorb wrote:[*] You can now inspect "Mine Pyre"s to determine how much time they have left to burn. Their timer is currently 7 RL days. I've seen some discussion on this already, but welcome more of it.

being locked at sprucecap stage for this long is depressing... the timegate feels more like just waiting, it's TOO long

on the other hand maybe it's a good thing that people don't feel like they need to play 80 out of the first 96 hours of each world in order to not fall behind
NeoBasilisk

Postby jorb » Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:36 pm

DDDsDD999 wrote:This should've just been a global timer for each level, after which each mine pyre is like an hour. Having each mine pyre be 7 days is ridiculous, getting one bashed or starting late is such an insane setback.

Fair point! Will consider.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Nightdawg » Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:40 pm

jorb wrote:
DDDsDD999 wrote:This should've just been a global timer for each level, after which each mine pyre is like an hour. Having each mine pyre be 7 days is ridiculous, getting one bashed or starting late is such an insane setback.

Fair point! Will consider.

Please do.
Literally what trollex said: You can't get into the game 63 days later cause you're 2 months LOCKED behind.
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby ChildhoodObesity » Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:41 pm

NeoBasilisk wrote:
ChildhoodObesity wrote:

being locked at sprucecap stage for this long is depressing... the timegate feels more like just waiting, it's TOO long

on the other hand maybe it's a good thing that people don't feel like they need to play 80 out of the first 96 hours of each world in order to not fall behind

such a terrible exaggeration tbh, 7 days is ridiculously long. even a hermit can get the wax in 7 days with extreme ease.
ChildhoodObesity

Postby Zentetsuken » Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:41 pm

guys just relax and enjoy the game, waiting a few days is no big deal

the timer is realistic and great, shouldn't be changed

yall are the same people who log off for 2 weeks when winter comes

this is just the game developing further and leaving the pvp crowd behind in the dust
Zentetsuken

Postby lordgrunt » Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:42 pm

the discussion about pyre time is as follows: make it go away. make it 24h. anything but 7 days, whats the point anyway, just a bunch of nabs trying to fill the time in between. pointless wait
lordgrunt

Postby shubla » Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:42 pm

jorb wrote:[*] Again urging any custom client maker who wishes to stay relevant to get with the new rendering times. Support for the old resources will be dropped at some point.

Yea like in w35?
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby DonVelD » Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:44 pm

GRACEFUL PROGRESSION!!!!!!!!!!!
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
DonVelD

PreviousNext