Hotfix: Mine Pyres

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Hotfix: Mine Pyres

Postby ctopolon4 » Tue Aug 23, 2022 6:27 am

jorb wrote:[*] You can no longer hack-click herbs you can't see by guessing their ID.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
ctopolon4

Postby Sevenless » Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:02 pm

charno1 wrote:
Vigilance wrote:Sheesh. Flat one day might've been a bit too far. Global leader has no advantage at all over the other folk for even fleeting moments. A scaling solution would've been more elegant.

now that everyone already knows what mine pyres are i don't think they're ever going to be so far ahead of anyone anyways. even this world i don't think anyone was more than a single day ahead of someone xd

Ozzy's faction had their mine pyre destroyed 3 days into burning, setting them drastically behind the other factions. This change catches them up to only be 1 day behind now.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby loleznub » Tue Aug 23, 2022 2:13 pm

jorb wrote:You can no longer hack-click herbs you can't see by guessing their ID.

fk now how am I supposed to run my glimmerbots . . .
loleznub

Postby ChildhoodObesity » Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:51 pm

Sevenless wrote:
charno1 wrote:
Vigilance wrote:Sheesh. Flat one day might've been a bit too far. Global leader has no advantage at all over the other folk for even fleeting moments. A scaling solution would've been more elegant.

now that everyone already knows what mine pyres are i don't think they're ever going to be so far ahead of anyone anyways. even this world i don't think anyone was more than a single day ahead of someone xd

Ozzy's faction had their mine pyre destroyed 3 days into burning, setting them drastically behind the other factions. This change catches them up to only be 1 day behind now.

This is just one group of many who didn't have this problem. Now that people understand how long it takes and the importance of them such things will almost certainly never happen again to a faction even if it was worth it. Being stuck behind everyone by 3 days for a whole 2 months until L9 is reached sounds pretty cringe, especially when it's a new mechanic nobody understood well enough at the time. I think most competitive PVP groups don't really like the idea of maintaining an industry lead in such a lame way anyways.
ChildhoodObesity

Postby Lurux » Fri Oct 28, 2022 8:16 am

To my opinion the strength needed to get to a specific level should be capped to a reasonable amount (Im above 70 now and still not able to get to level 2..).
My pickaxe is also Q > 100. At least make it dependent on Str * Qpickaxe or so...
Lurux

Postby ctopolon4 » Fri Oct 28, 2022 10:53 am

Lurux wrote:My pickaxe is also Q > 100. At least make it dependent on Str * Qpickaxe or so...

usualy players dont have pickaxe until found copper at lvl2
you should try to place minePyre somewhere else
ctopolon4

Postby ItsFunToLose » Sat Oct 29, 2022 6:07 pm

Lurux wrote:To my opinion the strength needed to get to a specific level should be capped to a reasonable amount (Im above 70 now and still not able to get to level 2..).
My pickaxe is also Q > 100. At least make it dependent on Str * Qpickaxe or so...

since we're bumping old threads, someone might as well let you know it does depend on strength * qaxe, with pickaxes counting as double.
I like to air dribble.
ItsFunToLose

Previous

Return to Announcements