Game Development: Champignon Cave

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Champignon Cave

Postby Schattengaenger » Wed Oct 26, 2022 12:44 pm

I really like the implementation of woodchips. I am usually complely against paving of any sort, but until we can get permanent dirt (that doesn't grow over from grass unless you do something to it like plowing) it is a great look for paths that don't merit stone.
However that it doesn't count as paving in terms of being able to build stuff on it seems odd. After all, dirt is perfectly fine to build something and so is stone paving. So something that is basically in between should allow that too, no?
Schattengaenger

Postby lordgrunt » Sat Oct 29, 2022 6:56 pm

well, think of it more as farmland than paving. the fact that we got yet another texture to decorate doesn't mean it should work the way we want. As with shitton of other things in this game, its a single purpose addition, grow damn shrooms. which is fantastic on its own. fast, q-growable, multiplying shrooms. doesnt even matter the stats those give are whack, can always use for energy food.

but on another note that i actually decided to put another 2c here. you have added to the game another crop basically, half-assed as it is. it doesnt get quality bonus from realm buffs, even if still being decidedly a mushroom. it doesnt really care about forager bonus (at least those found in the wild should recieve it, i mean damn gray clay gets forager bonus), but because its a crop, so be it.
but...
but...
why the hell didnt you add a stockpile for those??? every other crop gets it. aside of pepper, because your reason (for not adding those) here seems to be "yo, wanna good spice? suffer."

there was a thread somewhere i cant find atm about generic stockpiles for every goddamn item in game. why isnt it a reality yet? we have stockpiles for even freshly added reeds but we still can't pile up our strange crystals (just an example, many more possible) sky high? why not?
lordgrunt

Postby IronGHOST » Tue Nov 22, 2022 7:49 am

Just picked up some champignons (button mushroom and portobrlo mushroom) in cave. They was q10, but i have the Forager credo. Is this a bug or it works as intendent?
IronGHOST

Previous

Return to Announcements