Game Development: Champignon Cave

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Champignon Cave

Postby 524u » Tue Oct 11, 2022 6:44 am

icepie wrote:
Potjeh wrote:Bruh, where would I fit that many trellises in a hermitage?

Trellises are way more space efficient than other crops. Pictured is ~80 trellises in this 10x10 square and it's not even full or using the most efficient layout. You can stack 3 trellises in the same tile and harvest all 3 from the same side. If I wanted, I could have two rows of 3 trellises adjacent to eachother and leave just a one tile gap between them.

Indeed, but I think there is another problem, how hermints will manage to collect all for example 70 peppers?
They grow like 2-3 weeks and then every 1 week u can harvest peppers

If I get "plant 70 peppers" and then "harvest 70 peppers" I will start to think that jorb/loftar never did farming credos and they just put random variables, it's unbalanced

Do I really need to abandon these quests because they are just broken and unprepared?
B)
524u

Postby Uriel » Tue Oct 11, 2022 7:54 am

524u wrote:
icepie wrote:
Potjeh wrote:Bruh, where would I fit that many trellises in a hermitage?

Trellises are way more space efficient than other crops. Pictured is ~80 trellises in this 10x10 square and it's not even full or using the most efficient layout. You can stack 3 trellises in the same tile and harvest all 3 from the same side. If I wanted, I could have two rows of 3 trellises adjacent to eachother and leave just a one tile gap between them.

Indeed, but I think there is another problem, how hermints will manage to collect all for example 70 peppers?
They grow like 2-3 weeks and then every 1 week u can harvest peppers

If I get "plant 70 peppers" and then "harvest 70 peppers" I will start to think that jorb/loftar never did farming credos and they just put random variables, it's unbalanced

Do I really need to abandon these quests because they are just broken and unprepared?

Amount of crops is broken.
Uriel

Postby Massa » Tue Oct 11, 2022 3:01 pm

next world can we have day 4 steel and week 2 cheese and flax mass production thanks i want to experience that with high population
ImageImage
ass blast USA
Massa

Postby Sephiron » Thu Oct 13, 2022 3:39 am

Massa wrote:next world can we have day 4 steel and week 2 cheese and flax mass production thanks i want to experience that with high population

I can just explain how it would look like. Steel would be just as worthless as tin pretty quick, only would sell for high q, otherwise no reason to purchase. You get a people would be holed up in brick walls, siege would be even more useless, people would quit the game after one month because there's no challenge. Meteor PVP would probably get a little more popular though, and pvp in general would be more accessible. not to mention all of the other factors involved with having any hard metal on day 4. The cheese/flax prod. I can wholly agree with
Sephiron

Postby Reiber » Thu Oct 13, 2022 11:01 pm

Sephiron wrote:
Massa wrote:next world can we have day 4 steel and week 2 cheese and flax mass production thanks i want to experience that with high population

I can just explain how it would look like. Steel would be just as worthless as tin pretty quick, only would sell for high q, otherwise no reason to purchase. You get a people would be holed up in brick walls, siege would be even more useless, people would quit the game after one month because there's no challenge. Meteor PVP would probably get a little more popular though, and pvp in general would be more accessible. not to mention all of the other factors involved with having any hard metal on day 4. The cheese/flax prod. I can wholly agree with

i dont thinkg quicker progression will make pvp more accessable. on the contrary, pvp this world was surprisingly accessable, you didnt get run down by the first guy that made an boarspear on your continent this world. you had actual fights with clayknives and badgervests. if it wasnt about numbers, tool assistance, and well running and fighting experience. early world pvp was cheaper too get intoo than previous worlds.
Reiber

Postby Sephiron » Fri Oct 14, 2022 1:05 am

Reiber wrote:
Sephiron wrote:

i dont thinkg quicker progression will make pvp more accessable. on the contrary, pvp this world was surprisingly accessable, you didnt get run down by the first guy that made an boarspear on your continent this world. you had actual fights with clayknives and badgervests. if it wasnt about numbers, tool assistance, and well running and fighting experience. early world pvp was cheaper too get intoo than previous worlds.

yea, can agree, it was kinda cool to get jumped by 8 dudes with knives on day 2 xD but after the world start, a sprucecap with a clay knife doesn't really do shit against someone with steel. Making steel accessible by day 4 like massa said would level the score in pvp by a very small margin but also make steel items just as useless for trading as any other metal item. But I agree, it was very accessible and fair on day 1, just how do you extend that to day 200
Sephiron

Postby Southpaw » Fri Oct 14, 2022 5:33 am

Sephiron wrote:

I can just explain how it would look like. Steel would be just as worthless as tin pretty quick, only would sell for high q, otherwise no reason to purchase. You get a people would be holed up in brick walls, siege would be even more useless, people would quit the game after one month because there's no challenge.

Are you about to imply that this was how it was last world, when we could have (hypothetically) day 4 steel?
jaws hat enthusiast, entrepreneur, avid appreciator of the arts
Southpaw

Postby Sephiron » Sat Oct 15, 2022 12:57 am

Southpaw wrote:
Sephiron wrote:

I can just explain how it would look like. Steel would be just as worthless as tin pretty quick, only would sell for high q, otherwise no reason to purchase. You get a people would be holed up in brick walls, siege would be even more useless, people would quit the game after one month because there's no challenge.

Are you about to imply that this was how it was last world, when we could have (hypothetically) day 4 steel?

By day 4 steel I thought he meant day 4 steel with a reasonable amount of effort. The average person did not have steel on day 4 last world, or any world lol
Sephiron

Postby Fostik » Sun Oct 16, 2022 9:46 pm

Champignon is untastiest and shittiest mushroom in recipe. I like it, it's very realistic.
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

Postby kirillius98 » Sun Oct 16, 2022 11:11 pm

Fostik wrote:Champignon is untastiest and shittiest mushroom in recipe. I like it, it's very realistic.

+1 for that. Please, make them giving at least large amount of will in recipces for being that awful
kirillius98

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements