Game Development: Champignon Cave

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Champignon Cave

Postby Troll_Shroom » Mon Oct 10, 2022 12:03 am

Nice. Now I can make a more mushroomy mushroom forest.
Troll_Shroom

Postby Audiosmurf » Mon Oct 10, 2022 12:10 am

Still waiting for someone to actually find one tho
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Postby Audiosmurf » Mon Oct 10, 2022 12:28 am

gotem
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Postby Audiosmurf » Mon Oct 10, 2022 12:37 am

It's really just cave farming god bless

NORMALIZE IT
Audiosmurf

Postby certace » Mon Oct 10, 2022 12:44 am

loftar wrote:
Audiosmurf wrote:So jorb, buddy, pal, are the new mushrooms seasonal intentionally or otherwise?

Well, they weren't actually seasonal. They just didn't spawn at all. :)

that explains a lot of things.
certace

Postby Miss_Min » Mon Oct 10, 2022 12:49 am

More mushrooms! Yay!

... Still no mushroom stockpile! Less yay.

In other mushroom-related pettiness, toads thrones, like acacia trees, do not identify themselves on examine/mouseover.

<3 <3 <3
Miss_Min

Postby ZantetsukenX » Mon Oct 10, 2022 1:55 am

Can we get the farmer credo quests to be a little more leniant on animal related objectives. For instance instead of "Milk a Sheep" it could be "Milk an animal (Sheep/Cow/Goat)". And instead of "Slaughter a Pig" it could be "Slaughter a domestic animal" which would include foals and other animals? Those always seem to be deal breakers for anyone who isn't doing taming every animal available.

Also if you happen to be looking at farmer credo in general, can we please get trellis quests to be a bit more reasonable to? Feels bad every time a quest pops up that wants you to harvest 90 grapes, or plant 100 hemps. I'd wager that outside of a few insane people the vast majority of players abandon any trellis quest that is bigger than the number 30. And even that is a bit unreasonable for harvesting.
ZantetsukenX

Postby fallout » Mon Oct 10, 2022 2:31 am

jorb wrote:
New Implementations

Added "Lay Woodchips",

I had this idea a few weeks back and even made a low effort post that was basically just the title "Lay [M]ulch" and I don't believe I even posted it, but I'm glad you implemented my idea! Thanks

Though I did want variable materials and additionally that any current mushroom could be planted and it would grow to surrounding tiles, you only read half the thought in my mind, how lazy of you :D

New mushrooms are A+ though
fallout

Postby Potjeh » Mon Oct 10, 2022 3:25 am

ZantetsukenX wrote:Can we get the farmer credo quests to be a little more leniant on animal related objectives. For instance instead of "Milk a Sheep" it could be "Milk an animal (Sheep/Cow/Goat)". And instead of "Slaughter a Pig" it could be "Slaughter a domestic animal" which would include foals and other animals? Those always seem to be deal breakers for anyone who isn't doing taming every animal available.

Also if you happen to be looking at farmer credo in general, can we please get trellis quests to be a bit more reasonable to? Feels bad every time a quest pops up that wants you to harvest 90 grapes, or plant 100 hemps. I'd wager that outside of a few insane people the vast majority of players abandon any trellis quest that is bigger than the number 30. And even that is a bit unreasonable for harvesting.

Yeah, quantities required by farmer quests are unreasonable for a hermit. Like I had a quest to harvest 65 peppercorns. Bruh, where would I fit that many trellises in a hermitage? It'd take multiple in-game years to finish the credo if I didn't go around begging my neighbours to harvest their crops. It would be kinda bearable if I just wanted to get farmer credo, but the problem is like half of the good credos in the game are locked behind farmer.
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby SnuggleSnail » Mon Oct 10, 2022 4:56 am

holy shit I'm gonna travel to my dock
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements