Game Development: Strange Crown

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Strange Crown

Postby kimjungskill » Mon Oct 24, 2022 12:05 am

I know people like to clown on how miniscule of a % chance things like this are to happen to non-pvpers but I can't even count how many small updates like this that I've read over the last few years. The power creep for factions and general non-plebs is actually insane and people shrug it off as "it won't change anything". Snail should at least have to work for those sprucecap kills lmao.
kimjungskill

Postby gravesmerch » Mon Oct 24, 2022 12:27 am

oops nvm
gravesmerch

Postby Zyean » Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:08 am

jorb wrote:[*] Passengers on ships (Knarrs & Snekkjas) will now be dismounted if knocked out. Should allow you to evict unwanted free riders by knocking them out. Note that the captain will not be dismounted on KO.

This change seems really bad if you're not gonna allow people to hearth when in water still

wonder-ass wrote:the passenger rarely gets kod its always the driver. ive only seen a few passengers get kod and that is as they get in they get kod not during a chase.

Yeah but now that this change is in place why would you ever target the driver when you can haha funny someone who's a passenger and continue koing other passengers
Zyean

Postby Sephiron » Mon Oct 24, 2022 11:18 am

Based patch, always wondered what strange crystal could have been used for besides a curio
Sephiron

Postby Sephiron » Mon Oct 24, 2022 12:43 pm

Zentetsuken wrote:How long before a new player gets asked to hop in to a snek and gets killed automatically with this new retarded trick.

sprucecap killers don't even need to perform any shenanigans like smashing their sneks to kill people now, it's just instadeath for anybody onboard

sadly not enough people realize how dangerous this is for the 99% of non-PVP players, I guess we aren't getting enough discussion and backlash for that gilded-armor-speed revert :lol:

rough world to be a new player man, I wonder what crazy shit they will do to buff sprucecap killers next week

Just don't be a snekkja passenger? How common is that, really?
Sephiron

Postby steelman » Mon Oct 24, 2022 4:32 pm

loftar wrote:
pagsiu wrote:It was possible to move while placing milestone / road extensions with ctrl + l-click, now it doesn't work.

Yes, and that was the problem, because ctrl+l-clicking was also the way to place things with finer-than-tile precision (which was therefore not possible to do with milestones). Now you can instead move around by just pretending to place the milestone somewhere else and not have the placement interrupted just by that, and we figured it was nice to be able to do that with things other than milestones too.

I could do it, just hold down ctrl key and adjust position of milestone, then release ctrl key and click.
steelman

Postby steelman » Mon Oct 24, 2022 4:37 pm

jorb wrote:
jordancoles wrote:Evicting passengers as the driver to HF is likely the better option. Getting out of the boat stops the eviction :?:

The trick to use if you're redhanded and want to go home, then?

How about allowing the captain to dismount ko-ed passengers via right-click menu? (like horse dismount)
or you can just compare the captain's power with the passenger's, whether or not the passenger is koed, and make it like dismounting from a horse.
Last edited by steelman on Mon Oct 24, 2022 4:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
steelman

Postby Potjeh » Mon Oct 24, 2022 4:46 pm

If you don't want people to ride as passengers in ships just remove passenger slots from ships. The game has more than enough obscure mechanics that only exist to be newbie traps, you don't need to add more.
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby Uriel » Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:07 pm

I see dead noobs after this path.
Uriel

Postby jorb » Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:41 pm

Potjeh wrote:If you don't want people to ride as passengers in ships just remove passenger slots from ships. The game has more than enough obscure mechanics that only exist to be newbie traps, you don't need to add more.

I think what is actually being sought is some method to prevent griefing of ships by unwanted passengers.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements